Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: bootp/tftp
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers bootp/tftp Post 16908 by maverick on Friday 8th of March 2002 07:05:49 AM
Old 03-08-2002
Thank you,

I would assume then it is saver not to create it then! It is only for a printer but out network would then still be accessible via the open port? Will use alternative measures....

Cheers
Mav
maverick

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

TFTP setup

ok, I configured inetd.conf so that the tftp string is not commented out, but I cannot get the process to start. I'm running Solaris 5.8 and need some help. Cabletron said that it's process is 3485, i tried to kill it, it's the wrong process. I started inetd again and still can't kill it. i... (15 Replies)
Discussion started by: veitcha
15 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Network Install PXE/BootP/TFTP

Im trying to help my professor at school, were trying to setup a linux server, that is configured with bootp/tftp/PXE. the client computer NICs have support to boot off PXE. What we would like to do is if a client computer does not have an OS, it would boot off the server, and display a menu to the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kwalick
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Tftp

Is it possible to copy files between two computers with TFTP.And how? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: bericica
1 Replies

4. Linux

BOOTP on HP Thin clients

Please m new around here! Can anyone take me thru implementing bootp on my thin clients via my central server? Preciate ur assistance. Thanks folks! (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: chuk_uka
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

enabling TFTP

ive been trying to enable a tftp service on a unix box using the command atftpd --daemon but when i scan the open ports using nmap it doesnt show that port 21 as up does anyone know the reason... ive tried /etc/init.d/atftpd start , it didnt work if i type atftpd by it self it gives me a set... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ratamahatta
2 Replies

6. SCO

Need help in BOOTP Server and Client configuration

Dear All; I need help in configuring the BOOTP server, I have found something on internet forums regarding the file: bootptab and editing some lines but Im not if they are all correct. Also, I need help to configure my clients (UNIX) to boot up with this bootp server(UNIX). I will be... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: amirzandi
1 Replies

7. AIX

Building a 43p using BOOTP

I have a 43p 120 (7248-120) which I am trying to install AIX 5.2 on. I have built a Nimol server on a Linux PC running SUSE LES 10. I have setup the 43p to perfom a network boot (BOOTP) and all the addresses in the network settings under SMS are set to 0.0.0.0. When I power up the 43p it... (15 Replies)
Discussion started by: johnf
15 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

tftp troubleshooting

Hi I am trying to do a network install of Solaris 10 08_07 onto a Sunfire T2000. I have configured all my network-boot-arguments on the client server (named sundb1). I have installed my image of Solaris on my install server (sun1). But when I try to install using # boot net -s I get the... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Bobby76
0 Replies

9. Linux

tftp will not start.

I have setup nimol on a Fedora 9 machine. Nimol is installed and correctly configured and I have a client rs6000 (43p) declared in the dhcpd.conf file. all is running correctly and tftp is installed. I am monitoring /var/log/messages when I start the 43p and see the dhcp request come in and a reply... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: johnf
0 Replies

10. Solaris

Bootp/tftp issue neeeeeed help plz

i find a solution (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: shady_2005
2 Replies
XSetScreenSaver()														 XSetScreenSaver()

Name
  XSetScreenSaver - set the parameters of the screen saver.

Synopsis
  XSetScreenSaver(display, timeout, interval, prefer_blanking,
	    allow_exposures)
	Display *display;
	int timeout, interval;
	int prefer_blanking;
	int allow_exposures;

Arguments
  display   Specifies a connection to an X server; returned from XOpenDisplay().

timeout   Specifies the time of inactivity, in seconds, before the screen saver turns on.

interval  Specifies  the  interval,  in  seconds,  between  screen saver invocations.  This is for intermittent changes to the display, not
	    blanking.

prefer_blanking
	    Specifies whether to enable screen blanking.  Possible values are DontPreferBlanking, PreferBlanking, or DefaultBlanking.

allow_exposures
	    Specifies the current screen saver control values.	Possible values are DontAllowExposures, AllowExposures, or DefaultExposures.

Description
  XSetScreenSaver() sets the parameters that control the screen saver.	timeout and interval are specified in seconds.	 A  positive  timeout
  enables  the	screen	saver.	 A timeout of zero (0) disables the screen saver, while a timeout of -1 restores the default.  An interval of
  zero (0) disables the random pattern motion.	If no input from devices (keyboard, mouse, etc.) is generated for  the	specified  number  of
  timeout seconds, the screen saver is activated.

For  each screen, if blanking is preferred and the hardware supports video blanking, the screen will simply go blank.  Otherwise, if either
  exposures are allowed or the screen can be regenerated without sending exposure events to clients, the screen is tiled with the root window
  background  tile,  with a random origin, each interval seconds.  Otherwise, the state of the screen does not change.	All screen states are
  restored at the next input from a device.

If the server-dependent screen saver method supports periodic change, interval serves as a hint about how long the change period should be,
  and  a  value of zero (0) hints that no periodic change should be made.  Examples of ways to change the screen include scrambling the color
  map periodically, moving an icon image about the screen periodically, or tiling the screen with the root window background  tile,  randomly
  reoriginated periodically.

For more information on the screen saver, see Volume One, Chapter 15, Other Programming Techniques.

Errors
  BadValue  timeout < -1.

See Also
  XActivateScreenSaver(), XForceScreenSaver(), XGetScreenSaver(), XResetScreenSaver().

Xlib - Screen Saver														 XSetScreenSaver()