Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers ls command - Segmentation fault Post 16865 by peter.herlihy on Thursday 7th of March 2002 05:24:26 PM
Old 03-07-2002
Do you know how many files are in the directory that you are trying to list..... also are you using the ls command by itself or in conjunction with other commands on the same line also is it command line or in a script?.

More info needed.......

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. AIX

Segmentation fault

I am tring to install Lotus Domino/Notes 5.0.5 on a AIX 4.3.3 server. I go to run the cdrom/ibmpow/install and I get the following error. Lotus Notes for Unix Install Program --------------------------------------------- ./install: 10088 Segmentation fault This had Lotus Notes installed... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jshaulis
1 Replies

2. Programming

segmentation fault

sometimes for this code i get a segmentation fault for codes llike this : int main{ int * a= 0; int b; a = (int*)malloc(sizeof(int)); ///some code using these variable but no freeing of a if(a){ free(a); a = 0; } return... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: wojtyla
3 Replies

3. Programming

Hi! segmentation fault

I have written a program which takes a directory as command line arguments and displays all the dir and files in it. I don't know why I have a problem with the /etc directory.It displays all the directories and files untill it reaches a sub directory called peers which is in /etc/ppp/peers.the... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: vijlak
4 Replies

4. Linux

Segmentation fault

Hi, on a linux Red HAT(with Oracle DB 9.2.0.7) I have following error : RMAN> delete obsolete; RMAN retention policy will be applied to the command RMAN retention policy is set to redundancy 2 using channel ORA_DISK_1 Segmentation fault What does it mean ? And the solution ? Many thanks. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: big123456
0 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Segmentation Fault

Hi, While comparing primary key data of two tables thr bteq script I am getting this Error. This script is a shell script. *** Error: The following error was encountered on the output file. Script.sh: 3043492 Segmentation fault(coredump) Please let me know how to get through it. ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: monika
5 Replies

6. Programming

segmentation fault

If I do this. Assume struct life { char *nolife; } struct life **life; // malloc initialization & everything if(life->nolife == 0) Would I get error at life->nolife if it is equal to 0. wrong accession? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: joey
3 Replies

7. Red Hat

Segmentation fault with ID command

root@xxx # id uid=0(root) gid=0(root) groups=0(root),1(bin),... root@xxx # id root Segmentation fault Hello, someone have some suggestions for this strange error? Thanks gb (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: gogol_bordello
1 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Segmentation fault

#include<stdio.h> #include<malloc.h> #include<unistd.h> #include<stdlib.h> void *start_1(void *argv) { printf("thread 0x%x\n",(unsigned int)pthread_self()); pthread_exit((void*)1); } void *start_2(void *argv) { printf("thread 0x%x\n",(unsigned int)pthread_self()); return (void*)2; }... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vincent__tse
2 Replies

9. Programming

Using gdb, ignore beginning segmentation fault until reproduce environment segmentation fault

I use a binary name (ie polo) it gets some parameter , so for debugging normally i do this : i wrote script for watchdog my app (polo) and check every second if it's not running then start it , the problem is , if my app , remain in state of segmentation fault for a while (ie 15 ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: pooyair
6 Replies

10. Programming

C. To segmentation fault or not to segmentation fault, that is the question.

Oddities with gcc, 2.95.3 for the AMIGA and 4.2.1 for MY current OSX 10.14.1... I am creating a basic calculator for the AMIGA ADE *NIX emulator in C as it does not have one. Below are two very condensed snippets of which I have added the results inside the each code section. IMPORTANT!... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: wisecracker
11 Replies
DH_INSTALLINFO(1)						     Debhelper							 DH_INSTALLINFO(1)

NAME
dh_installinfo - install info files SYNOPSIS
dh_installinfo [debhelperoptions] [-A] [file...] DESCRIPTION
dh_installinfo is a debhelper program that is responsible for installing info files into usr/share/info in the package build directory. From debhelper compatibility level 11 on, dh_install will fall back to looking in debian/tmp for files, if it does not find them in the current directory (or wherever you've told it to look using --sourcedir). FILES
debian/package.info List info files to be installed. OPTIONS
-A, --all Install all files specified by command line parameters in ALL packages acted on. --sourcedir=dir Look in the specified directory for files to be installed. This option requires compat 11 or later (it is silently ignored in compat 10 or earlier). Note that this is not the same as the --sourcedirectory option used by the dh_auto_* commands. You rarely need to use this option, since dh_installinfo automatically looks for files in debian/tmp in debhelper compatibility level 11 and above. file ... Install these info files into the first package acted on. (Or in all packages if -A is specified). SEE ALSO
debhelper(7) This program is a part of debhelper. AUTHOR
Joey Hess <joeyh@debian.org> 11.1.6ubuntu2 2018-05-10 DH_INSTALLINFO(1)