Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: vmproc tool-virtual memory
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users vmproc tool-virtual memory Post 16843 by Shobhit on Thursday 7th of March 2002 10:35:55 AM
Old 03-07-2002
Can you give more details regarding glance?Is there separate tool just at par with vmproc?
Also I need HPUX equivalent of eps."The eps command enables to show process CPU consumption and memory usage (both virtual and physical) in a repetitive or single shot mode." .
Thanks in advance for the valuable input.

Last edited by Shobhit; 03-07-2002 at 11:49 AM..

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

get physical and virtual memory

What command can i use to get the physical and virtual memory of a database? (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: tads98
7 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

virtual memory

Hi, can anyone explain me what virtual memory is ( for which we use vmstat commande line ) comparing with RAM ? many thanks before. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: big123456
2 Replies

3. Programming

Tool for finding memory leaks

hi, i am a c++ programmer working on linux(redhat linux8.0) environment, i need to find out the memory leaks, so far i didn't used any tools, so what are the tools are available, and whic one is good to use. plz provide with a small example. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sarwan
1 Replies

4. Programming

about virtual memory and memory leak

Hi, First of all I appreciate this group very much for its informative discussions and posts. Here is my question. I have one process whose virtual memory size increases linearly from 6MB to 12MB in 20 minutes. Does that mean my process has memory leaks? In what cases does the... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: shriashishpatil
4 Replies

5. HP-UX

Virtual Memory

Hi! I work with HP-UX and I have to monitorize the use of virtual memory for different processes. (java processes for Tibco Adapter) And if these processes exceed a limit send a message to the syslog. I donīt know how to monitorize this... Should I do a script? or use an aplication, for example... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Kurohana
3 Replies

6. AIX

ulimits max locked memory virtual memory

Hi, Would any one be so kind to explain me : are ulimits defined for each user seperately ? When ? Specialy what is the impact of : max locked memory and virtual memory on performance of applications for a user. Many thanks. PS : this is what I can see in MAN : ulimit ] ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: big123456
5 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

cpu, memory and virtual memory usage

Hi All, Does anyone know what the best commands in the UNIX command line are for obtaining this info: current CPU usage memory usage virtual memory usage preferably with date and time parameters too? thanks ocelot (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ocelot
4 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Virtual Memory

Hi, Can anyone please help me workout how much virtual memory I have running on a T2000 running Solaris 10. Thanks # df -h swap 3.5G 1.0M 3.5G 1% /etc/svc/volatile swap 3.5G 208K 3.5G 1% /tmp swap 3.5G 56K ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jamba1
2 Replies

9. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Virtual file or memory?

Hi Experts I encountered a situation recently. I wanted to discuss here and understand the reason behind this. My scenario is something like this: yes > temp & The above command keeps writing the output to the file temp. And this file keeps growing every second. And in the every... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: guruprasadpr
4 Replies

10. Red Hat

My RHEL virtual Machine Does not have Virtual Machine Manager Desktop Tool

My RHEL virtual Machine Does not have Virtual Machine Manager Desktop Tool Hi, I don't seem to have the Virtual Machine Manager Desktop tool set up on my RHEL6 Machine. The Linux machine runs off VMWare player and I'm not sure whether it is a VMWare software issue or a problem with the RHEL6... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: accipiter1
2 Replies
set_color(1)							       fish							      set_color(1)

NAME
set_color - set_color - set the terminal color set_color - set the terminal color Synopsis set_color [-v --version] [-h --help] [-b --background COLOR] [COLOR] Description Change the foreground and/or background color of the terminal. COLOR is one of black, red, green, brown, yellow, blue, magenta, purple, cyan, white and normal. o -b, --background Set the background color o -c, --print-colors Prints a list of all valid color names o -h, --help Display help message and exit o -o, --bold Set bold or extra bright mode o -u, --underline Set underlined mode o -v, --version Display version and exit Calling set_color normal will set the terminal color to whatever is the default color of the terminal. Some terminals use the --bold escape sequence to switch to a brighter color set. On such terminals, set_color white will result in a grey font color, while set_color --bold white will result in a white font color. Not all terminal emulators support all these features. This is not a bug in set_color but a missing feature in the terminal emulator. set_color uses the terminfo database to look up how to change terminal colors on whatever terminal is in use. Some systems have old and incomplete terminfo databases, and may lack color information for terminals that support it. Download and install the latest version of ncurses and recompile fish against it in order to fix this issue. Version 1.23.1 Sun Jan 8 2012 set_color(1)