Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: am i wrong?
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers am i wrong? Post 16818 by LivinFree on Thursday 7th of March 2002 06:26:49 AM
Old 03-07-2002
If you're on the console (sitting in front of the box at a monitor - not connected via a telnet session, etc...), you may still be able to view images using a framebuffering program.
Basically, what it will do is dump an image to your screen by directly accessing the video hardware.
I can't remember the names of any of them at the moment, but I'll post back if I do -

Anyone else know of a good FB image viewer?

PS - look at some of the FB projects at http://freshmeat.net
One of them might help you out.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

What am I doing wrong

When I execute following shell script I am getting the following error syntax error at line 50 : `<<' unmatched What am I doing wrong :confused: Script begins here ---------------- MPAN_FILE=$1 exec 3<$MPAN_FILE ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: guptan
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Please tell me what do I do wrong here!

#!/usr/bin/csh # DAY=`date +%y%m%d` H=`date +%H` M=`date +%M` mailx -s "$H-Myfile" email@email.com</home/mydir/myfile Thanks! (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: bobo
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Anything wrong with this

Does anyone see anything wrong with this. #getInfraFiles() #{ # cd Infra/$DAY # rm * # /usr/bin/ftp -i -n $LINE << cmd # user "$USER" "$PASSWD" # cd $INFRAPATH # binary # mget * # bye #} besides that its commented out (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: rcunn87
4 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

what is wrong here

Hello, I have a simple script such as ----------------------------- #! /bin/sh YEAR=`date -u +%Y`; MONTH=`date -u +%m`; DAY=`date -u +%d`; DATE=$MONTH$DAY$YEAR LOGFILES=auditTrail-$DATE LOGMATCH=$LOGFILES\* ARGUM='' # find all files and write them to a file find . -name... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: arushunter
7 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

What am I doing wrong?

I really just mess around in UNIX, for the most part, when I want to get something done. I can usually piece things together by searching for brief how-to's on Google, but the syntax errors in my following .sh file are really confusing me. I've got lots of programming experience in other places, so... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: demonpants
7 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

what is wrong with this tr -d?

here is my command in bash shell on Mac OS X tiger: history | tr -d emacs here is what I get: hitory | grp "" | tr -d "" hitory | grp "" | tr -d """" hitory | grp "" | tr -d '' hitory | grp "" | tr -d '' hitory | grp "" | tr -d '' hitory | grp "" | tr -d... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: cleansing_flame
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

what I m doing wrong?

when user select option 2 nothing happen.for testing purpose I put echo command but is not executing . basically when user prompt for option 2,I want to get list of database name from user separeted by space (TEST DEVL) and put into the file seprated by new line TEST DEVL after that stay on... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: okreporthai
1 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

What is wrong in here ???

]#PATH=/usr/bin:/etc:/bin:/boot/grub:/boot/grup/bin: /boot/solaris/bin:/sbin:/usr/openwin/bin:/usr/5bin://usr/X11/bin:/usr/apache/bin:/usr/apache2/bin:/usr/appserver/bin:... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: microbot
9 Replies

9. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

What am I doing wrong here?

I am working on a simple login ID check shell script that should prompt for a user ID then check to see if this user is logged on. Trying to get the hang of this stuff so I am thinking of my own little projects. #! /bin/sh echo "please enter a user name" read user if user=$user then... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jsk319342
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Why result is wrong here ? whether break statement is wrong ?

Hi ! all I am just trying to check range in my datafile pls tell me why its resulting wrong admin@IEEE:~/Desktop$ cat test.txt 0 28.4 5 28.4 10 28.4 15 28.5 20 28.5 25 28.6 30 28.6 35 28.7 40 28.7 45 28.7 50 28.8 55 28.8 60 28.8 65 28.1... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Akshay Hegde
2 Replies
MOTHRA(1)						      General Commands Manual							 MOTHRA(1)

NAME
mothra - retrieve World-Wide Web files SYNOPSIS
mothra [ url ] DESCRIPTION
Mothra retrieves and displays files from the World-Wide Web, by name or through hypertext links. Web names, called URLs, have a peculiar syntax: http://netlib.att.com/netlib/1127/www/1127.html http://akebono.stanford.edu:80/yahoo/ http://www.teleport.com/~crowell/ file:/sys/lib/mothra/help.html file:html2.elements.html#ADDRESS ftp://ftp.gmd.de/music/scores/harrington/Harrington.readme gopher://gopher.bev.net/11/BevBus/King.Video The part up to the first colon gives the protocol for retrieving the file. http:, Hyper-Text Transfer Protocol, is the usual way of accessing web files. file: names a file in the local file system. ftp: and gopher: are standard Internet services. // begins the Internet address of the server where the file resides. The address may contain a colon and a TCP port number, which over- rides the default port number for the service. Next comes a file name. Finally, the file name may be followed by # and a string giving a label within the file where the display should begin. Mothra starts with the url given on the command line, defaulting to the environment variable $url, and finally to file:/sys/lib/mothra/start.html. The display contains the last message from mothra, a box where typed commands appear, a scrollable list of previously visited files, the title and URL of the current file, and the scrollable text of the current file. Button 1 selects and displays a file, either from the list of previously visited pages or from a link (indicated by underlined text or a boxed image) in the current file. Button 2 shows the URL of a file, but does not retrieve or display it. Button 3 pops up a menu of com- mands: save back Place a link to the current file in a `back list' for future reference. get back Retrieve and display the back list. fix cmap Adjust the display's color map so that images will have correct colors. exit Ask for confirmation and quit. The typed commands are: g url Get the page with the given URL. s file Save the current file in the given file. q Quit. ? h Get help. When mothra retrieves a file that is not an HTML document (for example a GIF or JPEG image), it will start up an appropriate viewer, for example fb/9v (see 9v(9.1)) for image files. FILES
/sys/lib/mothra/* $home/lib/mothra/back.html the back list $home/lib/mothra/mothra.url log of visited URLs $home/lib/mothra/mothra.err log of error messages, including HTML syntax errors SOURCE
/sys/src/cmd/mothra BUGS
ftp: URLs are not supported. Files are saved in the form received, not in the form suggested by the name in an s command. Mothra is distributed in a preliminary state; it has more than its share of bugs. MOTHRA(1)