Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Bridging with SSH Tunnels
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users Bridging with SSH Tunnels Post 16661 by auswipe on Tuesday 5th of March 2002 05:04:52 PM
Old 03-05-2002
Hoofah!

My first test went off without a hitch.

I created a SSH tunnel between OpenBSD and FreeBSD and directed OpenBSD:3899 to FreeBSD:25 (Sendmail, something I could easily telnet and test...)

I then created a tunnel between Work and OpenBSD. I directed Work:4899 to OpenBSD:3899.

Then on my Win2KAS at work, I dropped to a command line and executed `telnet 127.0.0.1 4899` and what was my response?

Code:
Trying 127.0.0.1...
Connected to 127.0.0.1.
Escape character is '^]'.
220 FreeBSDBox.HomeNet.org ESMTP Sendmail 8.11.6/8.11.6; Tue, 5 Mar 2002 16:02:3
3 -0600 (CST)

I was able to use the OpenBSD box as my go-between without a hitch! Woo-hoo!

Next I need to mapout the ports used by TightVNC and I will be on my way!

I am soooooo easy to amuse! Smilie

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. IP Networking

problem with bridging!!! :(

Hello, I have an UTM that has 4 ports. I was bridged two ports of it. my pc wired to one port and other one to network. Now I can ping my default gateway but it doesn't work(I haven't access to internet) even http of gateway, what happened? what route I should added? Thanks in advance.:confused: (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Zaxon
0 Replies

2. HP-UX

Sharing ssh tunnels between users

userA and userB are two non-root accounts on HP-UX box. userA creates ssh tunnel (local forward) to some different host. Will userB be able to use that tunnel? What about remote forward? If not, what OS mechanism will prevent it from happening? Unfortunately I am unable to create this setup at this... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: vkleban
0 Replies

3. Solaris

openindiana bridging problem (brctl)

Hello all, I was trying to hooking up several computers into my openindiana server box, the server box has few RJ45 gigabit ethernet. The desired hierarchy of the network will be shown as on the picture attached. I would like to connect each host into my gigabit ethernet because of me and my... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: enno
2 Replies

4. IP Networking

Linux Bridging, Wireless AP, IPv6 multicast and autoconfiguration.

Well I cannot be too certain of the setup, since it's a stock firmware, but I have a cheap Belkin wireless-n router and wanted to get some ideas of what may be going on while I've a few moments to ramble on about my problems... I requested the GPL source so I've just been pondering while waiting to... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: neutronscott
0 Replies

5. IP Networking

Bonding of IP tunnels

Hello. Our Company is spreaded over Germany. There are main offices an branch offices. These offices are mostly connecte via multiple sdsl. We build a IPSEC VPN Infrastructure using Aastaro Security Gateways appliances. It seemed that only one VPN Connetion between to offices could be... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: mschwadorf
0 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Ssh = ssh expect and keep everything not change include parameter postion

I have write a script which contains ssh -p 12345 dcplatform@10.125.42.50 ssh 127.0.0.1 -p 5555 "$CMD" ssh root@$GUEST_IP "$CMD" before I use public key, it works well, now I want to change to "expect", BUT I don't want to change above code and "parameter position" I can post a... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: yanglei_fage
1 Replies

7. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Ssh script to validate ssh connection to multiple serves with status

Hi, I want to validate ssh connection one after one for multiple servers..... password less keys already setup but now i want to validate if ssh is working fine or not... I have .sh script like below and i have servers.txt contains all the list of servers #/bin/bash for host in $(cat... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sreeram4
3 Replies

8. Programming

Bridging Talk

Hi! I would like to start creating a bridge for good old Unix talk program. This bridge would allow you to joinIRC-channel by using talk just for example. I have a couple of questions: 1. Are there any previous attempts or implementations creating Talk bridge? 2. Which version of the talk... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: homebeach
9 Replies
libssh2_channel_direct_tcpip_ex(3)				  libssh2 manual				libssh2_channel_direct_tcpip_ex(3)

NAME
libssh2_channel_direct_tcpip_ex - Tunnel a TCP connection through an SSH session SYNOPSIS
#include <libssh2.h> LIBSSH2_CHANNEL * libssh2_channel_direct_tcpip_ex(LIBSSH2_SESSION *session, const char *host, int port, const char *shost, int sport); LIBSSH2_CHANNEL * libssh2_channel_direct_tcpip(LIBSSH2_SESSION *session, const char *host, int port); DESCRIPTION
session - Session instance as returned by libssh2_session_init_ex(3) host - Third party host to connect to using the SSH host as a proxy. port - Port on third party host to connect to. shost - Host to tell the SSH server the connection originated on. sport - Port to tell the SSH server the connection originated from. Tunnel a TCP/IP connection through the SSH transport via the remote host to a third party. Communication from the client to the SSH server remains encrypted, communication from the server to the 3rd party host travels in cleartext. RETURN VALUE
Pointer to a newly allocated LIBSSH2_CHANNEL instance, or NULL on errors. ERRORS
LIBSSH2_ERROR_ALLOC - An internal memory allocation call failed. SEE ALSO
libssh2_session_init_ex(3) libssh2 0.15 1 Jun 2007 libssh2_channel_direct_tcpip_ex(3)