Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Shadow
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Shadow Post 16603 by mokie44 on Tuesday 5th of March 2002 09:59:11 AM
Old 03-05-2002
MySQL pwunconv

Thanks for your help rwb1959! I have found the info. on the utilities to manage the passwd and shadow files. The utilities are /etc/pwconv & /etc/pwunconv. The pwunconv program disconnects the shadow file from the passwd file and transfers any info. back into the passwd and to the password protected database. The pwconv manages the shadow file from the password protected database and the passwd file.

more info:

http://osr5doc.ca.caldera.com:457/cg...man?pwconv+ADM

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

Shadow Passwords

I'm writing a 'C' program on various systems (HP-UX, Solaris, AIX, NCR) which needs to interact with a user's password. Some of my systems are using the shadow password and some are not. It is possible for some of my systems to have /etc/shadow, even though the box is not using the file (I know,... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: chrisc@nwark.ne
4 Replies

2. Solaris

*LK* in /etc/shadow file

my etc/shadow file showing *LK* for a particular user.. can u tell me under which circumstances a user is locked (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: vikashtulsiyan
5 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

/etc/shadow file....

Does anyone know what "!!" represents in the password field of the /etc/shadow file? :confused: (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: avcert1998
6 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

etc/shadow without hash

Hi, I am new to shell programming and trying to write a command that would show the etc/shadow file but without the hashes. So, something like this: root: <HASH PASSWORD FOUND BUT OBFUSCATED> daemon: NP bin: NP sys: NP If there is a... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: hellomms
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

shadow entry

In /etc/shadow ..we have all the user entries ..? Like when ever an user is created a corresponding entry is created in /etc/shadow...? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rachna
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shadow file

Hi, In shadow file smithj:Ep6mckrOLChF.:10063:0:99999:7::: 3rd Field 10063 indicates the number of days (since January 1, 1970) since the password was last changed. I want to get the result with script the date on which the password was last changed in YYYY-MM-DD format. can... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: pinnacle
8 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

'!!' in /etc/shadow

I notice there are '*'s and '!!'s in my /etc/shadow file. And I know these are for preventing login. But what are the differences among '*', '!' and '!!' ? THX! mail:*:14789:0:99999:7::: uucp:*:14789:0:99999:7::: ... dbus:!!:14919:::::: rpc:!!:14919:0:99999:7::: ...... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: vistastar
4 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Need your help on permission of /etc/shadow!

Dear all, I need all of you to clarify about file permission and SUID, SGID as below: Command: $ ls -la /etc/passwd -r--r--r-- 1 root root 1914 2011-04-15 11:22 /etc/passwd # I've changed permission of this file $ ls -la /etc/shadow -r--r----- 1 root shadow 1397 2011-08-01 15:53... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: all4cfa
3 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Shadow file help

As a part of linux hardening In shadow file all Application accounts which are not locked must contain only an asterisk “*” in the Passwd field. But how would i do it by using command? Is there any way other than modifying shadow file to accomplish this task? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: pinga123
3 Replies

10. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Need a help with /etc/shadow

Hi, I wanna see the content of the file /etc/shadow.. But i don't have the permission and also the root permission. Still is it possible to view it??? Any tricks?? (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Adhi
5 Replies
.::SWF::Filter(3pm)					User Contributed Perl Documentation				       .::SWF::Filter(3pm)

NAME
SWF::Filter - SWF filter class SYNOPSIS
use SWF::Blur; use SWF::Shadow; use SWF::Constants qw(:Filter); @color= (12,45,99); $blur = new SWF::Blur(15, 15, 2); $shadow = new SWF::Shadow(2.5, 12, 2); $filter = SWF::Filter::newDropShadowFilter( @color, $blur, $shadow, SWF_FILTER_MODE_KO); $displayitem->addFilter( $filter); DESCRIPTION
Filter objects are available since player version 8. They can be applied to buttons, movieclips and text instances by the addFilter() method of SWF::DisplayItem objects. Several types of filters exist. Each of them has its own method of construction, see below. METHODS
newDropShadowFilter($colorref, $blur, $shadow, $flags) Creates a DropShadowFilter object. The object is controlled by color, blur object, shadow object and flags (SWF_FILTER_MODE_INNER, SWF_FILTER_MODE_KO). newBlurFilter($blur) Creates a BlurFilter object. The object is controlled by the blur object. newGlowFilter($colorref, $blur, $strength, $flags) Creates a GlowFilter object, a simple variant of DropShadowFilter. Use SWF_FILTER_MODE_INNER, SWF_FILTER_MODE_KO as flag values. newBevelFilter($shadow_colorref, $highlight_colorref, $blur, $shadow, $flags) Just another (complex) variant of DropShadowFilter. Use SWF_FILTER_MODE_INNER, SWF_FILTER_MODE_KO or FILTER_MODE_ONTOP as flag values. newGradientGlowFilter($gradient, $blur, $shadow, $flags) Just another (more complex) variant of DropShadowFilter. As flag use SWF_FILTER_MODE_INNER, SWF_FILTER_MODE_KO or SWF_FILTER_MODE_ONTOP . newGradientBevelFilter($gradient, $blur, $shadow, $flags) Just another (slightly more complex) variant of DropShadowFilter, extending newBevelFilter() by using a gradient instead of simple colors. Use SWF_FILTER_MODE_INNER, SWF_FILTER_MODE_KO or FILTER_MODE_ONTOP as flag values. newColorMatrixFilter($filtermatrix) The filtermatrix is an object of SWF::FilterMatrix class sized 5 columns x 4 rows for RGBA values, useful for transformations like color conversion to greyscale pictures. newConvolutionFilter($filtermatrix, $divisor, $bias, $colorref, $flags) Another filter for nice picture effects like blur etc. The filtermatrix is an object of SWF::FilterMatrix class. As flag use either use SWF_FILTER_FLAG_CLAMP or SWF_FILTER_FLAG_PRESERVE_ALPHA. AUTHOR
developers of ming.sourceforge.net SEE ALSO
SWF, SWF::Filter, SWF::Blur, SWF::Shadow, SWG::Gradient, SWF::FilterMatrix, SWF::DisplayItem, SWF::Constants, SWF::MovieClip, SWF::Button perl v5.14.2 2011-10-26 .::SWF::Filter(3pm)