Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Installing Unix .tar files, help! Post 16457 by stealthdestroyr on Friday 1st of March 2002 03:01:47 PM
Old 03-01-2002
Error

"command not found" would be it

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Untaring *.tar.tar files

Hi all, How to untar a file with .tar.tar extension. A utility that i downloaded from net had this extension. Thanks in advance, bubeshj. (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: bubeshj
6 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

How to create a Tar of multiple Files in Unix and FTP the tar to Windows.

Hi, On my Unix Server in my directory, I have 70 files distributed in the following directories (which have several other files too). These files include C Source Files, Shell Script Source Files, Binary Files, Object Files. a) /usr/users/oracle/bin b) /usr/users/oracle... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: marconi
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

how to add files to an existing tar file - HP-UNIX

Hello, What is the command to add files to an existing tar file. Thanks, (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Nomaad
5 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

tar -cvf test.tar `find . -mtime -1 -type f` only tar 1 file

Hi all, 4 files are returned when i issue 'find . -mtime -1 -type f -ls'. ./ora_475244.aud ./ora_671958.aud ./ora_934052.aud ./ora_934050.aud However, when I issued the below command: tar -cvf test.tar `find . -mtime -1 -type f`, the tar file only contains the 1st file -... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ahSher
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

UNIX: Command to compress folder and all files into a tar

I am trying to grab a folder and all the folders and files underneath it and send it from one computer to another. I basically want to compress the whole folder into a tar, tgz, or zip file so that it can be sent as one file. is there a command to compress a folder and all its contents into a tar... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: kane4355
7 Replies

6. Solaris

Error in installing the mysql-python-1.2.3.tar.gz

Hi, I followed the step written in README. It got some error message when I type " #python setup.py build" running build running build_py copying MySQLdb/release.py -> build/lib.solaris-2.11-i86pc-2.4/MySQLdb running build_ext building '_mysql' extension /usr/lib/python2.4/pycc -DNDEBUG... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: AlexCheung
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

tar command to explore multiple layers of tar and tar.gz files

Hi all, I have a tar file and inside that tar file is a folder with additional tar.gz files. What I want to do is look inside the first tar file and then find the second tar file I'm looking for, look inside that tar.gz file to find a certain directory. I'm encountering issues by trying to... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: bashnewbee
1 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Create Tar and GZip files under Unix

Hi All I have 2 tar files and inside a Gzip file (actually its folder) that i got from a Unix user to check the code for him and find some problem. I decompress the Tar file and use 7-ZIP to open the Gzip file and Extract all folders and files. I found the code problem and change it but now when... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: giladboker
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to create zip/gz/tar files for if the files are older than particular days in UNIX or Linux?

I need a script file for backup (zip or tar or gz) of old log files in our unix server (causing the space problem). Could you please help me to create the zip or gz files for each log files in current directory and sub-directories also? I found one command which is to create gz file for the... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Mallikgm
4 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

UNIX command to check if file name ends with .tar OR if the file is a tar file

Hello Team, Would you please help me with a UNIX command that would check if file is a tar file. if we dont have that , can you help me with UNIX command that would check if file ends with .tar Thanks in advance. (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: sanjaydubey2006
10 Replies
WWWBrowser(3pm) 					User Contributed Perl Documentation					   WWWBrowser(3pm)

NAME
WWWBrowser - platform independent means to start a WWW browser SYNOPSIS
use WWWBrowser; WWWBrowser::start_browser($url, -oldwindow => 1); DESCRIPTION
start_browser($url [, %args]) Start a web browser with the specified URL. The process is started in background. The following optional parameters are recognized: -oldwindow => $bool Normally, the URL is loaded into a new window, if possible. With "-oldwindow" set to a false window, "WWWBrowser" will try to re-use a browser window. -browser => $browser Use (preferebly) the named browser $browser. See "CONFIGURATION" for a some browser specialities. This option will only work for unix. CONFIGURATION
For unix, the global variable @WWWBrowser::unix_browsers can be set to a list of preferred web browsers. The following browsers are handled specially: lynx, w3m Text oriented browsers, which are opened in an "xterm", "kvt" or "gnome-terminal" (if running under X11). If not running under X11, then no background process is started. kfmclient Use "openURL" method of kfm. netscape Use "-remote" option to re-use a running netscape process, if possible. _default_gnome Look into the "~/.gnome/Gnome" configuration file for the right browser. _default_kde NYI. The following variables can be defined globally in the main package: $os Short name of operating system ("win", "mac" or "unix"). &status_messages Error handling function (instead of default "warn"). REQUIREMENTS
For Windows, the Win32Util module should be installed in the path. AUTHOR
Slaven Rezic <slaven@rezic.de> COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 1999,2000,2001,2003 Slaven Rezic. All rights reserved. This module is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. SEE ALSO
Win32Util. perl v5.10.0 2009-03-10 WWWBrowser(3pm)