Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Unix System Total Replication Post 164 by Neo on Friday 3rd of November 2000 12:00:25 AM
Old 11-03-2000
Yes, of course. The dd() command. Disk-to-disk copy.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

is this the UNIX operating system board? TOTAL NEWBIE

I'm trying to find information to help me switch to UNIX os from Windows98. Is this where I should be? If so, can someone get me started? I have a Compaq Presario 5030 with a USR 56k modem and other peripherials. Sound card is integrated onto the motherboard (I think). So, I need drivers, etc. Any... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: leohutt
2 Replies

2. HP-UX

HP Unix replication solution

Hi, I looking to setup HP Unix to HP Unix replication as plan of business continuity. The setup can be active passive or active active. Anyone can give me some idea what solution able to perform that? Thanks (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ufo_999
3 Replies

3. HP-UX

How should I know the total RAM available on UNIX

Hi How Should I know the Total RAM available on HP-UX box? (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: skull123
7 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

folder replication between windows and unix

1. How do i replicate folders between windows and unix. if i create a subfolder under NDC in windows, it should automatically create a subfolder in unix as well. windows nt /NDC/SUBFOLDERS hp ux /NDC/SUBFOLDERS 2. How do i ftp a file from windows to unix using automated... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: systemsb
0 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

df+du=Total space allocated(for a file system)

Hi All, Will df+du=Total space allocted for a file system?? Is the above correct. Please correct me If iam wrong. In one my programs the above is not happening. Please help me out. Many thanks. Regards, Manas (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: manas6
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Calculate total space, total used space and total free space in filesystem names matching keyword

Good afternoon! Im new at scripting and Im trying to write a script to calculate total space, total used space and total free space in filesystem names matching a keyword (in this one we will use keyword virginia). Please dont be mean or harsh, like I said Im new and trying my best. Scripting... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: bigben1220
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Recursive Replication of Unix folders to Windows

Requirements: ftp files recursively from unix to windows. Replicate directory paths on unix (source) to windows (destination) and place files in their respective folders. There are no set number of files per directory nor fix number of dirA or dirB etc.... Source OS: Solaris... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: mlv_99
5 Replies

8. Linux

Increasing total data size per file system request for block drivers

Hi All, I am writing a block driver for a 2GB SD card where i get the total amount of data per request as follows: struct request *req; uint card_addr,total_bytes; struct request_queue *rq = BlkDev->queue; req = elv_next_request(rq); .. .. card_addr = req->sector*512;... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: amio
1 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Is total CPU usage for sar %user+%system+%iowait?

Hi all Can anyone advise/confirm whether total CPU usage when running sar is %user+%system+%iowait or is it %user+%system only? I want to confirm whether I am having a CPU-bound problem or not. This is a single-CPU VMware machine. $ sar 5 20 Linux 2.6.18-238.5.1.el5... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: newbie_01
7 Replies
vxsplitlines(1M)														  vxsplitlines(1M)

NAME
vxsplitlines - show disks with conflicting configuration copies in a cluster SYNOPSIS
vxsplitlines [-g diskgroup] [-c daname] DESCRIPTION
If you import portions of a disk group on different systems, this can lead to conflicting configuration copies on the disks of the disk group. If the configuration information in a disk group is ambiguous, it may not be possible for Veritas Volume Manager to determine which config- uration copy is most up-to-date. (This is usually termed a serial split brain (SSB) condition when it occurs in a cluster.) You cannot import a disk group in this state unless you specify which disk's configuration copy to use. You can use the vxsplitlines command to see which disks in a disk group have conflicting configuration copies, and use this information together with your knowledge of the history of the disk groups' usage to determine which configuration copy is most valid. The output from vxsplitlines displays the vxdg commands that you can run to import the disk group using the available configuration copies. The -o selectcp option of the vxdg import command is used to select the configuration copy to use for the import. OPTIONS
-c daname Display the SSB IDs for each disk that are stored in the configuration copy on the disk specified by its disk access name. Note: Although the SSB IDs for some disks may match, this does not necessarily mean that those disks' configuration copies have recorded all the configuration changes. When viewed from some other configuration copies, the SSB IDs of the same disks may not match. -g diskgroup Specifies the disk group. If a disk group is not specified, the default disk group is used as determined from the rules on the vxdg(1M) manual page. EXAMPLES
Display the disks on each side of the split in the disk group newdg: vxsplitlines -g newdg Display the SSB IDs stored in the configuration copy on disk c2t4d0: vxsplitlines -g newdg -c c2t4d0 NOTES
The vxsplitlines is primarily intended to be used with private disk groups, but it also works with shared disk groups. The version number of the disk group must be 110 or greater. SEE ALSO
vxdg(1M) Veritas Volume Manager Administrator's Guide VxVM 5.0.31.1 24 Mar 2008 vxsplitlines(1M)