Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users I print reports that are landscape Post 16357 by JammerFSU on Thursday 28th of February 2002 10:15:56 AM
Old 02-28-2002
http://www.hp.com/cposupport/printer....html#P69_4630

Take a look at this link.... the interface file that you are using may need to be edited to contain the correct "Escape" codes to send the correct string to the printer.

You may have to have different interface files for different print functions...

example.. 1 interface for portrait
1 interface for landscape
1 interface for landscape 18cpi condensed

It will be necessary to create 3 different printers in the print que and associate the correct interface for each printer added.

There may also be the capability to pass different print paramaters via command line...

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to print a text file in landscape

Could someone tell me how to print a text file in land scape. Thanks (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: yxiao
5 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

landscape print in Liunx

Hello All, I have been looking for a way to print a text file in landscape format with out sucess. I have also looked at thread post by yxiao. but this does not work for me. Any help would be greatful. I have redhat 7.2 and conneted to an HP 4100N printer. THANKS (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: larry
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

lpr landscape

Hi Can anybody tell me how to configure my printer to handle lpr -o landscape? Or what I need to do to print a text file in landscape format using the lpr command. Thanks Monique (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: squeakywheel
1 Replies

4. Solaris

landscape printing

hi everybody , i was just wondering if anyone could tell me how to setup printing landscape from Solaris 9 . We have a hp laser jet 1300 printer connected to an hp jetdirect 1.75x print server. We have set it up to print Portrait but not landscape. Is there some sort of generic script I can use... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ppass
3 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

printing an xml file in landscape

Hey all, This is probably a stupid question but I can't seem to find the answer I need anywhere. I have an XML file that I need to be able to print in landscape because the text goes off the page when I try to print in portrait. I can't find a way to do this using lp. I understand, from... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: MaristBrandi
1 Replies

6. Solaris

Printing Landscape in Solaris 10

I can print lanscape to a printer in solaris 9 but it won't work in solaris 10 to the same printer. I'm using the same configuration and the same command which is below. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks. lp -d hp4100 -o "c landscape" filename (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: darren.wyatt
4 Replies

7. Linux

Landscape printing broken in CUPS?

Hello, I am using version: cups-config --version - 1.2.4 However, when i use the -o land or -o landscape command it doesn't print in Landscape. I have the same problem on another server. (Both running CENTOS). Does landscape printing work in CUPS? Is there a fix? Thanks in an... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: stuaz
0 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to add the landscape option...

to an existing print que? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: NycUnxer
1 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Printing Landscape to PCL 6 Printer

I've looked around and am able to print landscape to a PCL 5 printer with this command: lp -o landscape -o cpi=20 -o page-right=30 -o page-left=30 -d <printer> <file>. Which gives me a nice 200 columns. But, when I send the same output and the same commands to a PCL 6 printer, it comes... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: tariqjamal
3 Replies

10. Solaris

SOLARIS 10 kyocera Landscape printing

hello does any one know if a command exists for printing lp landscape on a kycoera printer. hp works ok but i cant get kyocera to work thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: joey298487
1 Replies
enable(1)                                                          User Commands                                                         enable(1)

NAME
enable, disable - enable/disable LP printers SYNOPSIS
/usr/bin/enable printer... /usr/bin/disable [-c | -W] [ -r [reason]] printer... DESCRIPTION
The enable command activates printers, enabling them to print requests submitted by the lp command. enable must be run on the printer server. The disable command deactivates printers, disabling them from printing requests submitted by the lp command. By default, any requests that are currently printing on printer will be reprinted in their entirety either on printer or another member of the same class of printers. The disable command must be run on the print server. Use lpstat -p to check the status of printers. enable and disable only effect queueing on the print server's spooling system. Executing these commands from a client system will have no effect on the server. OPTIONS
The following options are supported for use with disable: -c Cancels any requests that are currently printing on printer. This option cannot be used with the -W option. If the printer is remote, the -c option will be silently ignored. -W Waits until the request currently being printed is finished before disabling printer. This option cannot be used with the -c option. If the printer is remote, the -W option will be silently ignored. -r [reason] Assigns a reason for the disabling of the printer(s). This reason applies to all printers specified. This reason is reported by lpstat -p. Enclose reason in quotes if it contains blanks. The default reason is "unknown reason" for the existing printer, and "new printer" for a printer added to the system but not yet enabled. OPERANDS
The following operand is supported for both enable and disable: printer The name of the printer to be enabled or disabled. Specify printer using atomic name. See printers.conf(4) for information regarding the naming conventions for atomic names. EXIT STATUS
The following exit values are returned: 0 Successful completion. non-zero An error occurred. FILES
/var/spool/lp/* LP print queue. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWpcu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |CSI |enabled | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
lp(1), lpstat(1), printers.conf(4), attributes(5) SunOS 5.10 9 Sep 1996 enable(1)