Sponsored Content
Top Forums Programming using command line input in C code Post 16327 by #1freebsddude on Thursday 28th of February 2002 02:47:39 AM
Old 02-28-2002
Re: using command line input in C code

Quote:
Originally posted by vannie
Hi

I need to list files by their size and exclude those that match a certain size. With grep it is easy enough.

ll -rt | grep 2166 | awk '{print $9}'

2166 is the filesize and $9 the filenamefield.

What should I be looking for to use this in a C program? My aim is to cut the name field of the files and match that up with report names and only show reports which have been populated.
You might also be able to use the native C library to check file specific information, like fstat(), etc. to determine file size, do a man fstat.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

How can I send the input of a read line command through a shell script

Hi All, I wish to automate the unix command 'su' through a shell script. I would like to pass the content of a file as password to 'su' command. My script is as below, #! /bin/sh su userA while read line do rpm -ivh $line done < pwd.txt where pwd.txt contains the password of... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: little_wonder
6 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Command line user input validation

Hi guys, I have a piece of snippet below which asks the user to input some numbers if isDatasubEnabled && isReconEnabled; then echo "1 = CGT, 2 = Subscriber, 3 = Order Monitor, 4 = Revaluations, 5 = Reconciliation, 6 = All, 7 = Exit" elif isDatasubEnabled &&... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: pyscho
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Input variable in command line

i have this script that reads a file "listall_101111" where 101111 varies. awk '{print $0,$1}' listall_101111 | sed -e 's/\(.*\).$/\1/g' | awk '{print $6,$2,$3,$4,$5}' | sort -nrk5 | nawk 'NR==1{m=$5;a++;b=(b)?b:$0;next}$5==m{a++;b=(b)?b:$0}END{for (i in a){print b,a}}' | grep -v ^LG | sort... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: aydj
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Is it possible to prompt for input if not given on command line?

I have a script built that takes the standard inputs $1 $2 $3 after the name and parses some data. hexsite=`echo "obase=16;$1"|bc` hexfix=$(printf "%.3X" 0x$hexsite) if || ;then type=33 elif || ;then type=59 elif ;then type=99 else type=00 fi cat /directory/*.2012$3*| I am... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: PCGameGuy
8 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Using redirect for input instead of command line

I have a script that is working when I input parameters from the command line. I was under the assumption that i could use a redirect for the input. script fred.sh: value1=$1 value2=$2 print $value1 $value2 Running from command line: fred.sh 1 2 1 2 Contents of file fred.txt:... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: djm2112
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script to input as if from command line to the java program

Hi, We are having a java server which can run on command line and once initiated, it will prompt options to enter from 0 to 5. The java program kickoff respective operation once number is entered between 0 to 5. However i want to always enter "1" and write another shell program wrapper to start... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: surya5kn
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Command line multiple input

I'm using the below to get multiple input from USER and it is working, is there any better way in awk array single liner? echo "Enter Multiple input (Ctrl+d to exit)" >output while read A do echo "$A" >>output done (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Roozo
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Error to Read Input from command line

Team , I am trying to write a case condition for database backups.But I am unable to make the script to read input from command line . while true ;do read -p "Do You Wish To Take Database Backup ?? " yn case $yn in *) echo " YES take backup ";; *) echo " NO BACKUP " ;; ... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: rocking77
9 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Regarding file input to SQL from command line

Hi friends, Need your help again to get a best approach for the below scenario. I am previously having one shell script which accepts request_id/s as the command line argument. single req_id arg= 1111 Multiple arg= 1111,2222,3333 which gets passed to the embedded sql inside to... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: Showdown
9 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Automatically enter input in command line

Hi, This is a script which to create an opvn user, I want which answer automatically to a certain part so, I try this, it works without the red part but I must type manually.. : #!/bin/bash ## Environnement ## LC_ALL=C ## Paths ## rsa_dir="etc/openvpn/easy-rsa"... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: Arnaudh78
10 Replies
ZGREP(1)						      General Commands Manual							  ZGREP(1)

NAME
zgrep - search possibly compressed files for a regular expression SYNOPSIS
zgrep [ grep_options ] [ -e ] pattern filename... DESCRIPTION
Zgrep invokes grep on compressed or gzipped files. These grep options will cause zgrep to terminate with an error code: (-[drRzZ]|--di*|--exc*|--inc*|--rec*|--nu*). All other options specified are passed directly to grep. If no file is specified, then the standard input is decompressed if necessary and fed to grep. Otherwise the given files are uncompressed if necessary and fed to grep. If the GREP environment variable is set, zgrep uses it as the grep program to be invoked. EXIT CODE
2 - An option that is not supported was specified. AUTHOR
Charles Levert (charles@comm.polymtl.ca) SEE ALSO
grep(1), gzexe(1), gzip(1), zdiff(1), zforce(1), zmore(1), znew(1) ZGREP(1)