Sponsored Content
Special Forums UNIX Desktop Questions & Answers How to create users on HP UX???? Post 16315 by LivinFree on Thursday 28th of February 2002 12:46:39 AM
Old 02-28-2002
The easiest way to add users in HP-UX is to use Sam.
As root, simply type "sam"... easy, huh?
If you're in text-mode, you'll get a curses-based window, and if you're in CDE / VUE, you will get a new window on your workspace... Simply navigate your way through - you can do a lot of your administration via sam.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

For loop to create 9000 users

Hello, I need to figure out how to create a shell script that iterates 9000 times to create users. so far i have this: #!/bin/sh #Script adds multiple users into the Service manager i=0 for i in 1 * 9000 do ./insuser /WideSpan/config/vipclient.conf $i $i password 0 Org1 UserGroup1... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: xeniya
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

create users from template

Create users from template file (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: rijeshpp
0 Replies

3. Solaris

Can't create users in /home

Hi Friends,, I installed solaris 10 in vmware just now.I got a simple problem while i want to create users in /home directory.It is saying "cannot create ".So i checked the permission and then i find that the perm to user(root) is r-x.So i tried to change it to rwx using chmod but again i got a... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: sdspawankumar
4 Replies

4. Solaris

How to create users in NIS

How to create users in NIS server in solaris Thanks in Advance (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: durgaprasadr13
6 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Create new users

Hi , i would like to create a new user over unix ,which are these commands to used and which are the directories to handler? Thank you (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: dimitris
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Wants to create 3 users in 400 servers

I wants to create 3 users and set password for the users in 400 servers. I can run this script without error. If wants to set the password in the same command it is not working. Like that i have to create 3 users #!/usr/bin/ksh for server in `cat /tmp/servers` do echo "servername =... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: G0kulakrishnan
5 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Create users remotely

Hello Forum, I just wrote a bash script to create users remotely from a file. When I run the script localy, it work nice. But when I run it using rsh it stops. My script is: #!/bin/bash 1|cat /root/usuarios.txt | while read line; do 2| /usr/sbin/adduser $line 3| echo... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: cachorroyayo
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Create multiple users with individual passwords to users

hi, i am new to shell scripts i write a shell script to create multiple users but i need to give passwords to that users while creating users, command to write this script (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: DONFOX
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to create multiple users using expect.?

Hi, guys. I need help on some expect problem. #!/usr/bin/expect set user set password set newuser spawn telnet x.x.x.x expect login* send “root\r” expect Password* send “123546\r” send "useradd $newuser\r" send "exit\r" interact I can add 1 user using expect script, but how do I... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: alhazerd
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Create summery of al users + date

Hello, I have problem to write script which can collect users "username" and the time that each user has been created in our machine and store these data in file database.txt I have searched a lot and found we can see the exact time we create user with:passwd -S username also list user will... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: nimafire
3 Replies
DtWsmGetCurrentBackdropWindow(library call)							       DtWsmGetCurrentBackdropWindow(library call)

NAME
DtWsmGetCurrentBackdropWindow -- get the backdrop window for the current workspace SYNOPSIS
#include <Dt/Wsm.h> Window DtWsmGetCurrentBackdropWindow( Display *display, Window root); DESCRIPTION
The DtWsmGetCurrentBackdropWindow function works with the CDE workspace manager, dtwm(1), and returns the window used as the backdrop for the current workspace. The display argument is the X display. The root argument is the root window of the screen of interest. RETURN VALUE
Upon successful completion, the DtWsmGetCurrentBackdropWindow returns the window used as the backdrop for the current workspace. The func- tion returns None if there is no backdrop window for the workspace or if the CDE workspace manager is not running. APPLICATION USAGE
If the DtWsmGetCurrentBackdropWindow function is not successful, failure may be due to a memory allocation error or failure to find the correct workspace information (that is, the CDE workspace manager, dtwm(1), is not running). SEE ALSO
Dt/Wsm.h - DtWsm(5), dtwm(1), DtWsmGetCurrentWorkspace(3), DtWsmGetWorkspaceInfo(3). DtWsmGetCurrentBackdropWindow(library call)