Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: StarOffice OR ????
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers StarOffice OR ???? Post 16247 by Kanu77 on Wednesday 27th of February 2002 09:33:36 AM
Old 02-27-2002
Question StarOffice OR ????

I have Star Office 5.2 installed on my system - you know the one : it allows you to read and edit word documents, Excel spreadsheets and Powerpoint presentations without logging into a WINDOWS OS.

What I would like to know is if there is another application that I can use instead to view any Microsoft-based documents? Star Office almost kills my machine whenever I use it - It hogs the processor at startup, during use and even if the application is minimized to the background?

2 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Where can i find staroffice or any other kind office program for unix or linux?

No detail:confused: (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: HOUSCOUS
4 Replies

2. Solaris

staroffice

how to access staroffice in solaris9 (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: tirupathi
1 Replies
Excel::Writer::XLSX::Package::XMLwriterSimple(3pm)	User Contributed Perl Documentation	Excel::Writer::XLSX::Package::XMLwriterSimple(3pm)

NAME
XMLwriterSimple - Light weight re-implementation of XML::Writer. This module is used internally by Excel::Writer::XLSX. DESCRIPTION
This module is used by Excel::Writer::XLSX for writing XML documents. It is a light weight re-implementation of XML::Writer. XMLwriterSimple is approximately twice as fast as XML::Writer. This speed is achieved at the expense of error and correctness checking. In addition not all of the XML::Writer methods are implemented. As such, XMLwriterSimple is not recommended for use outside of Excel::Writer::XLSX. If required XMLwriterSimple can be overridden and XML::Writer can be used in its place by setting an "_EXCEL_WRITER_XLSX_USE_XML_WRITER" environmental variable: export _EXCEL_WRITER_XLSX_USE_XML_WRITER=1 perl example.pl Or for one off programs: _EXCEL_WRITER_XLSX_USE_XML_WRITER=1 perl example.pl This technique is used for verifying the test suite with both XMLwriterSimple and XML::Writer: _EXCEL_WRITER_XLSX_USE_XML_WRITER=1 prove -l -r t SEE ALSO
XML::Writer. AUTHOR
John McNamara jmcnamara@cpan.org COPYRIGHT
X MM-MMXII, John McNamara. All Rights Reserved. This module is free software. It may be used, redistributed and/or modified under the same terms as Perl itself. LICENSE
Either the Perl Artistic Licence <http://dev.perl.org/licenses/artistic.html> or the GPL <http://www.opensource.org/licenses/gpl-license.php>. DISCLAIMER OF WARRANTY
See the documentation for Excel::Writer::XLSX. perl v5.10.1 2012-04-02 Excel::Writer::XLSX::Package::XMLwriterSimple(3pm)