Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Multiboot problem Help plz??
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Multiboot problem Help plz?? Post 16238 by LivinFree on Wednesday 27th of February 2002 08:04:09 AM
Old 02-27-2002
You have to do this via your BIOS. As your machine boots up, before it reaches GRUB, it should tell you which key to press to interrupt and access your BIOS / CMOS / setup.

It depends on each BIOS, but poke around a little. Make sure to to write down what you did in case you have to go back and undo it!

Look in where your do your drive setup... It may specify your geometry, or it may be set to "auto", or something similar. It should be in the drive settings screen, though.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Linux

Mandrake 8.00 installation/Booting problem...Plz Help

Hey everyone, I'm new to the forum. I have a problem with Mandrake 8.00; i have installed it on my old PC with no problems (none mentioned) but on re-booting after the installation it just hangs after listing the devices: Hard Disk, CD-ROM & Floppy A. I have installed it on Packard Bell with... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sybella1
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

UNIX script problem ..Plz help ASAP

Hi folks, I have written down a UNIX script which actually FTP the file to other server. What is happening now , this script is not working only for 1 server , as it is working for 32 different FTP server . In this particular server , we are getting message “FTp:550 access denied”... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: khan1978
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

problem while getting the response back..plz help

Hi ALL: I am not able to get the response back from weblogic in the shell script. The weblogic server in different account. I am able to login to that account and bring the server up but while doing a ping, the script is failing. While the same script is running fine if I run it on the account... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: splax
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

have a problem with if elif loop .. plz help me with the script

count2=0 var2=NOT if then echo"Loop1" command="egrep ',$var1," if then echo "the command is OR" command=$command"|,$var3," echo "$command" elif then command=$command"| egrep ',$var3," else ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Syms
4 Replies

5. Linux

Output formatting problem..Plz hlp

Hi guys, It will be a great help if somebody can help me in following problem. I have tried hard but because of lack of UNIX/LINUX knowledge I am not able to do it. I have written a script that returns 3 things of all the employees in my organisation. i.e. Name, Login time & log out time of... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: anushree.a
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Interpretion problem. Plz Help me guys.

Hey friends, below mentioned script is giving me proper o/p which can be “1” or “2” echo select status_ac from db_acct where acct_num='$1'" | dbaccess elstest Now I want to interpret the o/p as follows. If o/p is 1 then “YES” If o/p is 2 then “No” And to do this I have modified above... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: anushree.a
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

plz, i wait your help, AWK problem

I have tracefile of three nodes (0 , 1 and 2 ) as follows: + 0.02 0 1 tcp 40 ------- 1 0.0 2.0 0 0 - 0.02 0 1 tcp 40 ------- 1 0.0 2.0 0 0 + 0.02 2 1 tcp 40 ------- 2 2.1 0.1 0 1 - 0.02 2 1 tcp 40 ------- 2 2.1 0.1 0 1 r 0.025032 0 1 tcp 40 ------- 1 0.0 2.0 0 0 + 0.025032 1 2 tcp 40 -------... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: ASAADAOUI
11 Replies

8. Red Hat

Problem with scientific Linux multiboot

Hello, I have a multi-boot system with windows and openSuse. The boot loader is from Suse and the menu worked fine. Today I installed Scientific Linux and am having trouble with the boot loader. The SL install is on a different drive than the windows and Suse. As is typical, the SL installer has... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: LMHmedchem
3 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Multiboot problem with Slackware 14.2, FreeBSD 11 & Solaris 10

I want to install Slackware 14.2, FreeBSD and Solaris 10 on a p4 machine but multiboot is not working as lilo overwrites grub and btx boot loader can't detect others. I had to boot slackware and Solaris with the installation disc for a good number of times. I installed all boot loaders on MBR. The... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: vectrum
0 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Multiboot problem with Slackware 14.2, FreeBSD 11 & Solaris 10

I want to install Slackware 14.2, FreeBSD and Solaris 10 on a p4 machine but multiboot is not working as lilo overwrites grub and btx boot loader can't detect others. I had to boot slackware and Solaris with the installation disc for a good number of times. I installed all boot loaders on MBR. The... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: harveyclayton
3 Replies
PNPBIOS(4)                                               BSD/i386 Kernel Interfaces Manual                                              PNPBIOS(4)

NAME
pnpbios -- support for embedded devices on the motherboard DESCRIPTION
The pnpbios driver enumerates embedded ISA devices on the motherboard whose BIOS supports ``Plug and Play BIOS Specification''. It assigns ISA bus resources (interrupt line, DMA channel, I/O ports, and memory region) to each device and activates it. If it cannot assign necessary resources to a device without causing conflict with other devices in the system, the device will not be acti- vated and will be unavailable to programs. CAVEATS
There is no explicit way to disable individual embedded devices. The pnpbios driver will find all devices reported by the ``Plug and Play (PnP)'' BIOS and try to activate them all. There is no way to explicitly assign particular resource to a device. The resource assignment is fully automatic and there is no provision for manual override. SEE ALSO
pnp(4) STANDARDS
Compaq, Phenix, and Intel, Plug and Play BIOS Specification Version 1.0A, May 5, 1994. Compaq, Phenix, and Intel, Plug and Play BIOS CLARIFICATION Paper for Plug and Play BIOS Specification Version 1.0A, October 6, 1994. HISTORY
The pnpbios driver first appeared in FreeBSD 4.0. AUTHORS
The pnpbios driver was written by Mike Smith. BSD September 20, 2001 BSD