Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Red Hat Linux Boot Problems
Special Forums Hardware Filesystems, Disks and Memory Red Hat Linux Boot Problems Post 16014 by LivinFree on Saturday 23rd of February 2002 06:43:10 PM
Old 02-23-2002
When lilo gives you an error, it usually won't make the change. What was the exact error? Have you tried using liloconf (if it's installed...) ?
And is windows the first partition, or is your Linux partition?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Problems with Red Hat 7.1

I tried to use the sndconfig tool to set up my sound card. When it does the probe it finds an acer pci sound card, but I have a trident. This wouldn't bother me so much if it worked. Is there a way to configure my sound card by picking it off a list of cards? The second problem I'm having is... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: crashman0
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Dual boot Red Hat and 2000

Hi, I'm trying to set up a dual boot with Win2000 and Red Hat. I installed Win 2000 first a partitioned 2 separate drives. When I start the Red Hat install with Disk Druid, it sees my partitioned drives, but won't let me install Red Hat. What is my issue? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: jensam
4 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Red Hat 7.2 Linux Server - FTP Problems

I have just installed RH7.2 Server and along with apache 1.3 and PHP. I am able to FTP from my linux box to other remote maches, but am unable to FTP to the linux box from other remote machines. The message I get is: A remote host has refused an attempted connect operation. I have done some... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jyoung
3 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

red hat linux installation boot floppy disk

Hi, My dear friends, I am trying to install red hat linux. I have downloaded its disc1. On the instructions page, the next stage is to make the boot disk, so that I can boot from the floppy. However, I am unable to locate the boot image iso file. I tried on google, but I got a few files which... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: linuxpenguin
3 Replies

5. Linux

How to remove Red Hat 4 OS from dual boot

Hi Xperts out there Previously i have Vista Standard installed in my notebook. Then i have installed Red Hat 4 and currently my notebook are dual boot OS. Now i'm thinking to remove all my Red Hat 4 out. So how to achive this without risking my Vista Standard. :D (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: adzuanamir
5 Replies

6. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

Need to install red hat linux on existing windows vista OS as dual boot

HI ALL, I need to install linux on already existing windows vista OS. I tried to install linux,am getting error while creating patitions, i)selected manula patition with grude option.. after that when i m selecting free space to create mount points, its giving error "could not allocate... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jack00423
2 Replies

7. Ubuntu

make Ubuntu and Red Hat boot partitions

Is it possible to make multiboot partitions of Ubuntu and red hat Linux? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: sito
4 Replies

8. Solaris

Windows,Solaris, Red Hat triple boot issues

I have a pentium IV with 512 MB ram and 80 GB HDD. I first installed windows XP on the first primary partition, then Solaris on the second with 20 GB for the solaris partition, and when rebooted , the grub menu functioned as expected giving me the options to dual boot, so next I wanted to install... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: saagar
3 Replies

9. Red Hat

Buffer I/O error in red hat linux boot up

I get error message when boot up red hat linux Buffer I/O error on device hdc ,logical block XX ... /dev/hdc:read failed after 0 of 2048 at 0 : input/output error ..... I paste the /etc/fstab file in here /dev/hdc is cdrom How can I fix it Please advice # cat /etc/fstab # This file... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: chuikingman
3 Replies

10. Red Hat

Problems getting DKIM to wotk on Red Hat

We are setting up DKIM to sign outgoing messages only. We have three mail servers, one is Fedora and the other two are Red Hat. The install was relatively easy on the Fedora system, which handles our bulk mailings to perspective students. It took a bit to get the keys and the DNS entry... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: caspersgrin
0 Replies
vparremove(1M)															    vparremove(1M)

NAME
vparremove - remove a virtual partition SYNOPSIS
vp_name db_file] DESCRIPTION
The command deletes a virtual partition previously created using the command. All resources associated with the virtual partition are made available for allocation to other partitions. Unintentional use of this command has serious consequences; therefore the user is prompted to confirm the operation unless the (force) option is specified. Options recognizes the following command line options and arguments: Specifies the unique name of the virtual partition which is to be removed. Required. Removes a virtual partition from the partition database contained in db_file. If this option is omitted, the virtual partition is removed from the monitor's database. In this case, the partition must be in the state to be removed. Thus it is an error to try to remove the current virtual partition, the one in which the command is executing. Specifies the force option. Omits the confirmation dialog before removing the virtual partition. This option is intended for use by scripts and other non-interactive applications. SECURITY RESTRICTIONS
This command is restricted to processes owned by superuser. When virtual partition flexible administrative capability is enabled, a virtual partition can only be removed from within a Designated- Admin vPar. RETURN VALUE
The command exits with one of the following values: Successful completion. One or more error conditions occurred. EXAMPLES
Destroy the virtual partition in the partition database currently running in the monitor: Destroy the virtual partition in the partition database currently running in the monitor using the force option: Delete partition in partition database file ERRORS
displays error messages on standard error for any of the following conditions: o db_file does not exist, cannot be accessed, is not a virtual partition database file, or is corrupt. o vp_name does not exist in the monitor's database or in db_file. o vp_name in the monitor's database is in some state other than o The command and the virtual partition monitor are at different revision levels. o When the virtual partition flexible administrative capability is enabled and the local virtual partition is not a Designated- Admin vPar. AUTHOR
was developed by the Hewlett-Packard Company. SEE ALSO
vparadmin(1M), vparboot(1M), vparconfig(1M), vparcreate(1M), vpardump(1M), vparefiutil(1M), vparenv(1M), vparextract(1M), vparmodify(1M), vparreloc(1M), vparreset(1M), vparstatus(1M), vparutil(1M), vparresources(5), vpartition(5), vpmon(5). vparremove(1M)