Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Does the programming language matters? Post 15909 by HOUSCOUS on Thursday 21st of February 2002 01:25:28 AM
Old 02-21-2002
Who is the author and the publisher?

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

c programming language

Can someone enligten me on what below program does? I understand getchar and putchar.. but what is this program suppose to do? I try to put printf on it, but it shows nothing.. can someone explain to me what this program is suppose to do? It is reading something and assigning to c? so, if... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: convenientstore
8 Replies

2. Programming

.tga file reader + programming language

For a job I have to do, I have to design a .tga file reader, however I have had no prior experience in this area, so I was wondering what would be the best language to use to develop my .tga reader ? many thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: JamesGoh
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Carreer:Networking Programming in Unix (C programming Language)

Hello, I am trying to learn Networking Programming in C in unix enviorment. I want to know how good it is to become a network programmer. i am crazy about Network programming but i also want to opt for the best carreer options. Anybody experienced Network Programmer, please tell me is my... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: vibhory2j
5 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Is PERL a programming language?

I need a small and simple clarification... Can someone tell me whether PERL is a programming language or not. Also, can shell scripts also considered as programming language or not. Also, please tell me the exact difference between programming language and scripting. Please help.... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Anjan1
3 Replies

5. Programming

How is a new Web Development language written ?

I'm wondering how programmers develop new Web Development languages because I want to learn how everything begins from the start. Let's say I'm planning to write a new language for the Web. How do I do this? Is there anyone who knows about the way Web Development languages first appear ? I'm asking... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Anna Hussie
1 Replies

6. Programming

What Programming language should I start learning first?

I want to create a computer program that will translate from English to Spanish and vice versa. So someone could type in a word, phrase, or paragraph and translate from one language to another. What programming language would I use to write up the code and then implement this program? I want to... (8 Replies)
8 Replies

7. Programming

How is a new Web Development language written ?

I'm wondering how programmers develop new Web Development languages because I want to learn how everything begins from the start. Let's say I'm planning to write a new language for the Web. How do I do this? Is there anyone who knows about the way Web Development languages first appear ? I'm... (3 Replies)
3 Replies
EBOOK-META(1)							      calibre							     EBOOK-META(1)

NAME
ebook-meta - part of calibre SYNOPSIS
ebook-meta ebook_file [options] DESCRIPTION
Read/Write metadata from/to ebook files. Supported formats for reading metadata: azw, azw1, azw3, azw4, cbr, cbz, chm, epub, fb2, html, htmlz, imp, lit, lrf, lrx, mobi, odt, oebzip, opf, pdb, pdf, pml, pmlz, pobi, prc, rar, rb, rtf, snb, tpz, txt, txtz, updb, zip Supported formats for writing metadata: azw, azw1, azw3, azw4, epub, htmlz, lrf, mobi, pdb, pdf, prc, rtf, tpz, txtz Different file types support different kinds of metadata. If you try to set some metadata on a file type that does not support it, the metadata will be silently ignored. Whenever you pass arguments to ebook-meta that have spaces in them, enclose the arguments in quotation marks. OPTIONS
--version show program's version number and exit -h, --help show this help message and exit -t, --title Set the title. -a, --authors Set the authors. Multiple authors should be separated by the & character. Author names should be in the order Firstname Lastname. --title-sort The version of the title to be used for sorting. If unspecified, and the title is specified, it will be auto-generated from the title. --author-sort String to be used when sorting by author. If unspecified, and the author(s) are specified, it will be auto-generated from the author(s). --cover Set the cover to the specified file. -c, --comments Set the ebook description. -p, --publisher Set the ebook publisher. --category Set the book category. -s, --series Set the series this ebook belongs to. -i, --index Set the index of the book in this series. -r, --rating Set the rating. Should be a number between 1 and 5. --isbn Set the ISBN of the book. --tags Set the tags for the book. Should be a comma separated list. -k, --book-producer Set the book producer. -l, --language Set the language. -d, --date Set the published date. --get-cover Get the cover from the ebook and save it at as the specified file. --to-opf Specify the name of an OPF file. The metadata will be written to the OPF file. --from-opf Read metadata from the specified OPF file and use it to set metadata in the ebook. Metadata specified on the command line will over- ride metadata read from the OPF file --lrf-bookid Set the BookID in LRF files SEE ALSO
The User Manual is available at http://manual.calibre-ebook.com Created by Kovid Goyal <kovid@kovidgoyal.net> ebook-meta (calibre 0.8.51) January 2013 EBOOK-META(1)