Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Linux not seeing Solaris
Special Forums UNIX Desktop Questions & Answers Linux not seeing Solaris Post 15798 by Tim on Tuesday 19th of February 2002 03:03:03 PM
Old 02-19-2002
Linux not seeing Solaris

We have a "Sunw,ultra-2;sparc sun4u" server running Solaris 5.5.1, and I'm trying to get our Linux ftp server running Red Hat software to interface with
the Sun Solaris. Our administrator was let go last week and I,m a Mac operator that knows little about
PC or net working. All help would be greatly appreciated.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

linux + bsd + solaris

I prepare to install linux distros , freebsd and solaris(totally 6 OS) in a 40G harddisk, but I fail to do it, so I would like to ask some question here. Can different distros share the same linux swap?or each distros need to have their own? I made 6 partitions(5 x 7G , 1 x 4G) and 256M(I... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: jcheng
8 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

solaris xwindows on linux

Im trying to set up a linux box (red hat) as an xserver desktop for solaris 2.6. On the solaris box I type: export DISPLAY=hostname:5 xclock & I then get the error message: XLIB: connection to ":5.0" refused by server XLIB: Client is not autohorised to connect to server Error: Can't... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: MBGPS
1 Replies

3. Linux

df command in linux vs. Solaris

We run both linux and Solaris where I work. We have a shell script that gives hard disk information on Solaris drives. Part of it executes the following command: df -l -t -k I need to know the equivalent in Linux in order to rewrite this script. I belive the options are different for... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kregh99
2 Replies

4. Solaris

linux files on solaris

Can you install linux programs on solaris?, and if so how? (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: possuman72
9 Replies

5. Linux

linux-heartbeat on Solaris 9

has anyone installed linux-heartbeat on Solaris 9?? If yes, which version??? which is the best compiler to build it?? cc, ucbcc, gcc?? what other packages are needed to build it besides m4, autoconf, automake and libtool?? what GNU tools are needed??? thanks a lot (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: eldiego
0 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

canonical name in solaris and linux

How can I get the "canonical name" in solaris and linux? With canonical name I mean the BOLD text below. /usr/sbin/nslookup hello.com Server: 169.41.160.1 Address: 169.41.160.1#3 Non-authoritative answer: hellos.com canonical name = hello.com Name: hello.com... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: shifahim
1 Replies

7. Linux

Migration from solaris to linux

Hi, Currently I can able to access php script from solaris. I want to access from Linux I have done the following things: 1) I have copied all the scripts from solaris to linux. 2) I have installed php,mysql,apache. I tried with http://Hostname/username/test.php . This is not working .... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Mani_apr08
6 Replies

8. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Linux column(1) from util-linux-ng for Solaris? Which *.pkg to install?

Hi On Linux systems there is a command called "column". column - columnate lists Synopsis column -tx] -c columns] -s sep] file ...] Description The column utility formats its input into multiple columns. Rows are filled before columns. Input is taken from file operands, or,... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: slashdotweenie
3 Replies

9. Programming

Linux/Solaris System Administrator to become a Linux/Solaris System Programmer?

Hi all What is the qualification required by Linux/Solaris System Administrator to become a Linux/Solaris System Programmer as to gain complete knowledge on computers. Thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Tlogine
1 Replies
RHNREG_KS(8)							   Red Hat, Inc.						      RHNREG_KS(8)

NAME
rhnreg_ks - A program for non interactively registering systems to Spacewalk Server, Red Hat Satellite or Red Hat Network Classic. SYNOPSIS
rhnreg_ks [options] DESCRIPTION
rhnreg_ks is a utility for registering a system with the "Spacewalk Server", "Red Hat Satellite" or "Red Hat Network Classic". It is designed to be used in a non-interactive environment (a kickstart style install, for example). All the information can be specified on the command line or stdin. OPTIONS
--profilename Specify the profile name that should be used as an identifier for the system in Spacewalk Server, Red Hat Satellite or Red Hat Net- work Classic --username The username to register the system with under Spacewalk Server, Red Hat Satellite or Red Hat Network Classic. This can be an exist- ing Spacewalk, Red Hat Satellite or Red Hat Network Classic username, or a new username. --password The password associated with the username specified with the --username option. This is an unencrypted password. --activationkey Specify/use a serial number to associate with the system. This is optional, but activation keys can really simplify the registration process. Learn more about activation keys in the online RHN documentation. --contactinfo This option has been deprecated. Please login to the server web user interface and update your contactinfo. --nohardware Do not probe or upload any hardware information. --nopackages Do not profile or upload any package information. --novirtinfo Do not profile or upload any virtualization information. --norhnsd Do not start rhnsd after completion. --force Register the system even if it has already been registered. --version Show the version of rhnreg_ks. --proxy Specify a HTTP proxy to use. --proxyUser Specify a username to use with an authenticated HTTP proxy. --proxyPassword Specify a password to use with an authenticated HTTP proxy. --sslCACert Specify a path to a SSL CA certificate to use. --serverUrl Specify a URL to as the server. -h, --help Show a help message and exit. FILES
/etc/sysconfig/rhn/systemid The digital server ID for this machine if the system has been registered onto "Spacewalk Server", "Red Hat Satellite" or "Red Hat Network Classic". This file does not exist otherwise. /etc/sysconfig/rhn/up2date The common configuration file used by RHN client programs. EXAMPLES
Register a new system to Spacewalk / Red Hat Satellite / Red Hat Network Classic: rhnreg_ks --profilename "example_profile_name" --username "someexampleuser" --password "foobar" SEE ALSO
rhn_check(8), rhn_register(8), rhnsd(8), rhn-profile-sync(8), rhnplugin(8), up2date(5). AUTHORS
See the AUTHORS file included with this software. This manual page was written by Adrian Likins <alikins@redhat.com> and James Bowes <jbowes@redhat.com> BUGS
Report bugs to <http://bugzilla.redhat.com>. COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 1999-2011 Red Hat, Inc. This is free software; see the source for copying conditions. There is NO warranty; not even for MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICU- LAR PURPOSE. Linux 2011 February 4 RHNREG_KS(8)