Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: UNIX flavors
Special Forums UNIX Desktop Questions & Answers UNIX flavors Post 15709 by aloysius1001 on Monday 18th of February 2002 10:51:05 PM
Old 02-18-2002
Question UNIX flavors

Are there any flavors of UNIX which are better suited for implementation in the field of 3d animation, if so what are they?

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

UNIX problem? Unix programm runs windows 2000 CPU over 100%

Okee problems...!! What is happening: Unix server with some programms, workstations are windows 2000, the workstations work good but when you start a programm on the Unix server the CPU of the workstations go to 100% usage resulting that the system gets very slow. The programm well its running so... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: zerocool
2 Replies

2. What is on Your Mind?

Different flavors of Linux

What are the different flavors of Linux? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: SubbaraoV
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

What exactly is a Unix Flavors means??

could anybody tell me what is a unix flavor? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: human
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

One Script on all the Unix flavors

Hi , I need to run a script on different flavors, namely 1) Linux 2) AIX 3) Solaris 4) HP-UX Almost the entire script is the same except at a few places where commands specific to that OS are to be run. Is it possible to have a single script that runs on all the platforms? Sth... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: tcsprak
5 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How does unix system administration, unix programming, unix network programming differ?

How does unix system administration, unix programming, unix network programming differ? Please help. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: thulasidharan2k
0 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Get all types of shell supported on any unix flavors.

Hello - Is there a command/way we can find out, what shells are supported on a Unix machine? Please let me know. Thanks, Manju (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: manju--
3 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Unix flavors that run on x86, x86_64 bit processors?

Hello everyone. This is an awesome forum. Glad to have joined! :) I use Linux mostly, even for Desktop usage. I just love everything about it, all the way down to how the font looks while browsing. Its just so sleek and sexy. But I also boot Windows for those programs I just need that only... (23 Replies)
Discussion started by: insomnia
23 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Time zone issues in UNIX flavors

Hello All, I am in process of migrating all my scripts from AIX box to Linux box. In one of my script I calculate my last week date with the below command $ TZ=EDT+172 date +%F 2012-12-13 $ uname -a AIX 1 7 000B29AAD400 Now when I tried running the same in Linux, it gives a false... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sathyaonnuix
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

File Transfer from Window server to UNIX and UNIX to UNIX

Dear All, Can someone help to command or program to transfer the file from windows to Unix server and from one unix server to another Unix server in secure way. I would request no samba client. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: yadavricky
4 Replies
Prima::Image::AnimateGIF(3)				User Contributed Perl Documentation			       Prima::Image::AnimateGIF(3)

NAME
Prima::Image::AnimateGIF - animate gif files DESCRIPTION
The module provides high-level access to GIF animation sequences. SYNOPSIS
use Prima qw(Application Image::AnimateGIF); my $x = Prima::Image::AnimateGIF->load($ARGV[0]); die $@ unless $x; my ( $X, $Y) = ( 0, 100); my $background = $::application-> get_image( $X, $Y, $x-> size); $::application-> begin_paint; while ( my $info = $x-> next) { my $frame = $background-> dup; $frame-> begin_paint; $x-> draw( $frame, 0, 0); $::application-> put_image( $X, $Y, $frame); $::application-> sync; select(undef, undef, undef, $info-> {delay}); } $::application-> put_image( $X, $Y, $g); new $CLASS, %OPTIONS Creates an empty animation container. If $OPTIONS{images} is given, it is expected to be an array of images, best if loaded from gif files with "loadExtras" and "iconUnmask" parameters set ( see Prima::image-load for details). load $SOURCE, %OPTIONS Loads GIF animation sequence from file or stream $SOURCE. Options are the same as understood by "Prima::Image::load", and are passed down to it. add $IMAGE Appends an image frame to the container. bgColor Return the background color specified by the GIF sequence as the preferred background color to use when there is no specific background to superimpose the animation to. current Return index of the current frame draw $CANVAS, $X, $Y Draws the current composite frame on $CANVAS at the given coordinates. height Returns height of the composite frame. icon Creates and returns an icon object off the current composite frame. image Creates and returns an image object off the current composite frame. The transparent pixels on the image are replaced with the preferred background color. is_stopped Returns true if the animation sequence was stopped, false otherwise. If the sequence was stopped, the only way to restart it is to call "reset". length Returns total animation length (without repeats) in seconds. loopCount [ INTEGER ] Sets and returns number of loops left, undef for indefinite. masks Return the AND and XOR masks, that can be used to display the current composite frame. next Advances one animation frame. The step triggers changes to the internally kept AND and XOR masks that create effect of transparency, if needed. The method return a hash, where the following field are initialized: left, bottom, right, top Coordinates of the changed area since the last frame was updated. delay Time ins seconds how long the frame is expected to be displayed. reset Resets the animation sequence. This call is necessary either when image sequence was altered, or when sequence display restart is needed. size Returns width and height of the composite frame. total Return number fo frames width Returns width of the composite frame. SEE ALSO
Prima::image-load, "/www.the-labs.com/GIFMerge/ " in http: AUTHOR
Dmitry Karasik, <dmitry@karasik.eu.org>. perl v5.14.2 2009-02-24 Prima::Image::AnimateGIF(3)