Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Which motherboard???
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Which motherboard??? Post 15586 by Neo on Saturday 16th of February 2002 06:56:15 AM
Old 02-16-2002
I recommend ASUS motherboards.

If you are looking for a cheap Slot-A MB, ASUS made some great boards and you can find them on eBay, new and used. The K7V is one such example:

http://search.ebay.com/search/search...query=ASUS+K7V

These are good (older) boards for the money and you can't lose with AMD Slot A processors for cost, peed and reliability. However, the ASUS K7V uses low density memory and will not work with high density memory. This memory is getting harder and harder to find. So a more ASUS modern board would be my suggestion.

www.asus.com

Of course, there are lots of other great boards... however, my personal perference is to use ASUS.

Here is a link to Slot A processors on eBay:

http://search.ebay.com/search/search...t&BasicSearch=

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

Motherboard Compatibility

Hi there,, I URGENTLY need to know if the Gigabyte GA 8IDML Motherboard is compatible with the Unix BSD. We need to know if we should buy new boards before we can use the product. Thanking you Hannelie Bosch:confused: :confused: (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: hbosch
1 Replies

2. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

Need BIOS drivers for motherboard

Does anyone know a good driver site. If you've heard of driverguide.com or driversearch.com please do not reccomend them because I already know them. I need to know where to get Motherboard drivers for a homemade computer. If there is any info that you need to know feel free to make a reply. :) (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: computek
5 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Replacing Motherboard

My UNIX (SCO) crashed. I replaced the MB and tried reconfiguring all the devices etc...the system detects the NIC ok, but the following are not working properly a) keyboard/credit card swipe which connects to PS/2 port not working b) unable to connect to another PC in the small network c)... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: maakus
0 Replies

4. Linux

Intel 965 motherboard series

Can anybody help me about 965 motherboard? I have one, and i want visual console on it in RHEL5. If anyone has the module any any form plz send it for me. I will very thankful to U. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: talk2hod
0 Replies

5. Solaris

corrupted motherboard

hi i have a sun server V890 and i added two cpu/memory modules to it but it caused the motherboard to become corrupted could you please help me find what causes this problem and how to avoid it because i changed the corrupted motherboard and i want to do the expansion and I'm scared that ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: bahjatm
2 Replies

6. Solaris

Change motherboard

Hello, I am fairly new to Solaris ... You can change the motherboard of a computer with solaris 10? Exist a tutorial for this or can you tell me how to do this? Thanks in advance (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sedos
3 Replies

7. Hardware

SSD - motherboard compatibility question

I am planning on purchasing an OCZ SSD that runs on the PCI Express lane. Now, while the motherboard it is to be installed on is not listed in the compatibility table, this does not mean it will not work, because the table only lists the motherboards that have been tested. Still, is there a way... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: figaro
4 Replies
cpu_capabilities(3alleg4)					  Allegro manual					 cpu_capabilities(3alleg4)

NAME
cpu_capabilities - Contains the capability flags of the CPU. Allegro game programming library. SYNOPSIS
#include <allegro.h> extern int cpu_capabilities; DESCRIPTION
Contains CPU flags indicating what features are available on the current CPU. The flags can be any combination of these: CPU_ID - Indicates that the "cpuid" instruction is available. If this is set, then all Allegro CPU variables are 100% reliable, otherwise there may be some mistakes. CPU_FPU - An FPU is available. CPU_IA64 - Running on Intel 64 bit CPU CPU_AMD64 - Running on AMD 64 bit CPU CPU_MMX - Intel MMX instruction set is available. CPU_MMXPLUS - Intel MMX+ instruction set is available. CPU_SSE - Intel SSE instruction set is available. CPU_SSE2 - Intel SSE2 instruction set is available. CPU_SSE3 - Intel SSE3 instruction set is available. CPU_3DNOW - AMD 3DNow! instruction set is available. CPU_ENH3DNOW - AMD Enhanced 3DNow! instruction set is available. CPU_CMOV - Pentium Pro "cmov" instruction is available. You can check for multiple features by OR-ing the flags together. For example, to check if the CPU has an FPU and MMX instructions avail- able, you'd do: if ((cpu_capabilities & (CPU_FPU | CPU_MMX)) == (CPU_FPU | CPU_MMX)) { printf("CPU has both an FPU and MMX instructions! "); } You can read this variable after you have called check_cpu() (which is automatically called by allegro_init()). SEE ALSO
check_cpu(3alleg4), cpu_vendor(3alleg4), cpu_family(3alleg4), cpu_model(3alleg4), cpu_capabilities(3alleg4), allegro_init(3alleg4) Allegro version 4.4.2 cpu_capabilities(3alleg4)