Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Dummie Please Help With Unix And Win Xp Post 15584 by DAFFYY30 on Saturday 16th of February 2002 01:26:58 AM
Old 02-16-2002
Smilie
Thank you for your replys, Whoops i posted Killerserv reply by mistake- "SORRY"

I will create a third partiton - 1GB i have heaps of spare space.I will use 1GB so i have room to save if needed

"UNIX DOES THIS" ??? Saving files etc yes ???

I am using partition 7 with system commander 2000 so i should be ok.

My pc PentIII 600MB 256MB RAM 30GIG Seagate Hdd.

I will try FreeBSB , i don,t know what the difference is yet. However i like anything with the word FREE in it.

THANK YOU again for both your help!!!

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Dummie Question, Can anyone take a screen shot of a UNIX system?

Since i have never seen one of these systems, i am just curious of how it looks. Btw if unix is not a GUI then is it possible to take a screenshots (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Punk18
4 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

UNIX/Win passwd synchronization utility

I know I saw a couple posts about this a long time ago, but could not find them with search. Please refresh my memory. -Chuck (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: 98_1LE
1 Replies

3. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

win,unix

hi, Could anyone tell me mounting windows directories in unix.I have used mount command in all directions like mounting hd00,hd1,hd2,hd3 and so on but that don't work for me Mohan (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mohan
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

mount Win folder in UNIX ??

Hello, I like to mount an windows folder on my NT4 system in my UNIX system. How can i do that, i have installed SAMBA 2.2.7 on my Unix machine so i can access the UNIX machine from the NT . Do i need to install anything on the NT machine, or anymore software on the UNIX. I tried to do an... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: sajjan2
5 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

move from Win -> Unix

I'd like to become a web applications developer, and the company I currently work for use Sun/Apache and Perl, CGI and Python and Oracle to develop in (which is a little unfortunate for me as I have MS IIS and ASP/VBScript and SQL from my last job). I have an old laptop I'd like to convert from... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: dawn
2 Replies

6. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

RCP from Sco Unix to Win XP

Hello, Native XP rcp does not have a password prompt as far as I can see. I require a rcp.exe to copy a file from Sco to my XP pc. I did have this program that was part of pcnfs a few years ago. I need to run a scheduled batch job from a command line being. rcp.exe 192.168.5.33 -user root... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: phil martin
0 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

FTP file from win to UNIX

hi all, i hv written the script for file transfer when i am trying to transfer the file on windows machine only same desktop from one location to another location that is working fine but when i am trying to transfer the same to unix server it is going in infinte loop and file is also not getting... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: ripudaman.singh
5 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Best way for central user managet UNIX/Linux/win?

Hey there, I want to centralize my user managet in the next days, at first i want only centralize the user from my local network and later also from my servers. So I started looking around what I could use for this and only found openLDAP. I want to manage users for linux, OSX and Windows (if... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: dryPants
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Execute a shell script in UNIX m/c from win 7 using ksh

I need to run a shell script on unix machine from windows 7. I used the "RSH" command in win XP successfully for this, But on win 7 it is not working. Can any body tell me how to run RSH on win 7 or any other command for similar use. I use the command as below rsh <unix m/c> -l <username>... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: arup1980
1 Replies
BHYVELOAD(8)						    BSD System Manager's Manual 					      BHYVELOAD(8)

NAME
bhyveload -- load a FreeBSD guest inside a bhyve virtual machine SYNOPSIS
bhyveload [-c cons-dev] [-d disk-path] [-e name=value] [-h host-path] [-m mem-size] vmname DESCRIPTION
bhyveload is used to load a FreeBSD guest inside a bhyve(4) virtual machine. bhyveload is based on loader(8) and will present an interface identical to the FreeBSD loader on the user's terminal. The virtual machine is identified as vmname and will be created if it does not already exist. OPTIONS
The following options are available: -c cons-dev cons-dev is a tty(4) device to use for bhyveload terminal I/O. The text string "stdio" is also accepted and selects the use of unbuffered standard I/O. This is the default value. -d disk-path The disk-path is the pathname of the guest's boot disk image. -e name=value Set the FreeBSD loader environment variable name to value. The option may be used more than once to set more than one environment variable. -h host-path The host-path is the directory at the top of the guest's boot filesystem. -m mem-size [K|k|M|m|G|g|T|t] mem-size is the amount of memory allocated to the guest. The mem-size argument may be suffixed with one of K, M, G or T (either upper or lower case) to indicate a multiple of Kilobytes, Megabytes, Gigabytes or Terabytes respectively. The default value of mem-size is 256M. EXAMPLES
To create a virtual machine named freebsd-vm that boots off the ISO image /freebsd/release.iso and has 1GB memory allocated to it: bhyveload -m 1G -d /freebsd/release.iso freebsd-vm To create a virtual machine named test-vm with 256MB of memory allocated, the guest root filesystem under the host directory /user/images/test and terminal I/O sent to the nmdm(4) device /dev/nmdm1B bhyveload -m 256MB -h /usr/images/test -c /dev/nmdm1B test-vm SEE ALSO
bhyve(4), nmdm(4), vmm(4), bhyve(8), loader(8) HISTORY
bhyveload first appeared in FreeBSD 10.0, and was developed at NetApp Inc. AUTHORS
bhyveload was developed by Neel Natu <neel@FreeBSD.org> at NetApp Inc with a lot of help from Doug Rabson <dfr@FreeBSD.org>. BUGS
bhyveload can only load FreeBSD as a guest. BSD
January 7, 2012 BSD