Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Arrg... SunOS 5.8 i386
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Arrg... SunOS 5.8 i386 Post 15523 by LivinFree on Friday 15th of February 2002 08:39:27 AM
Old 02-15-2002
Arrg... SunOS 5.8 i386

I set up a cheap-o box here to play with...
I disabled all of my r* services, and plenty of other stuff...
(Sure does install a lot of stuff running by default!).

I use Reflections X from my NT Workstation to connect. Up until I disabled those services, it worked fairly well. Now I connect and log in to CDE, my background will flash momentarily, then I drop a juicy core file in my home directory... I am able to telnet in now although I wasn't able to before... I would get hung connections - odd. The core file is from "dtwm", but I have no idea what's causing it...

Any ideas / pointers?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Solaris 8 on a i386

Hi, I am trying to installing solaris on a intel PC, but I am unable to do it. So my question is where can I find some good documents (I tried sun.com did not find any thing). If I want to dual boot between Linux and Solaris, would I install solaris first if so why? Thanks alot ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: chamkila
5 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

What are the differences among i386, i486, i586?

I know it is a silly question, but when I tried to order or download some linux distributions, they have the options for i386, i486, i586, alpha, IA64, M68K, etc.. Does i386 mean intel-80386? Why when I told the webmaster that my pc is intel piii 933, he told me to download the i386 version?... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: HOUSCOUS
3 Replies

3. BSD

UNIX -openbsd /i386

I think i have messed up with the bios or something. i am seeing this message as soon as the system boots up //////////////////////////////////////////// Password = Please Enter The System Logon: /////////////////////////////////////////// First i though that it was due to changing the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: hrk2006
1 Replies

4. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

UNIX -openbsd /i386

UNIX -openbsd /i386 I think i have messed up with the bios or something. i am seeing this message as soon as the system boots up //////////////////////////////////////////// Password = Please Enter The System Logon: /////////////////////////////////////////// First i though that it... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: hrk2006
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Installing php-4.3.3-2.i386.rpm

Ok when i try to run the install the is what i get How can i fix this can anyone help (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Blackrose
8 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Migration of binary file from Sunos 5.8 to Sunos 5.9

I have compiled binary file using "cc" on SunOS 5.8 and the same binary file i have copied to SunOS 5.9 and it is giving me core dump error.I want to know whether migration of compiled code from lower version to higer version created this problem. how can i solve this problem.I am pasting the core... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Arvind Maurya
1 Replies

7. Solaris

Solaris I386 ifconfig devices ??

I want to configure my Network card. On solaris 9 i386. How to know the good Network device. I use prtconf to display the device list. I'm searching the device name. Like ifconfig device_name plumb thanks you (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: simquest
2 Replies

8. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

ioctl() system call on Linux-i386

Greetings, Please help me with the following : Where can I find what means exactly and how to use each of the second argument of the ioctl() system call in Linux/386 : FIOxxx (file IOCTL requests), SIOxxx (socket IOCTL requests), TCxxx TIOxxx (terminal IOCTL requests) ? ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: aigoia
1 Replies

9. Solaris

Ethereal Solaris i386

Hello guys, I am trying to install ethereal in Solaris10 based on i386 system. But i can find only packet for sparc. Any idea? Thanks a lot! (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: @dagio
2 Replies

10. SCO

I need a box to run SCO 3.2 5.0.5 i386 with...

need it to be able to run Seagate STT8000A tape drive. Any suggestions where to go. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Mike Gomes
5 Replies
DtWsmGetWorkspaceInfo(library call)									       DtWsmGetWorkspaceInfo(library call)

NAME
DtWsmGetWorkspaceInfo -- get detailed workspace information SYNOPSIS
#include <Dt/Wsm.h> int DtWsmGetWorkspaceInfo( Display *display, Window root, Atom aWorkspace, DtWsmWorkspaceInfo **ppWsInfo); DESCRIPTION
The DtWsmGetWorkspaceInfo function works with the CDE workspace manager, dtwm(1), and returns detailed information on a specific workspace. The display argument is the X display. The root argument is the root window of the screen of interest. The aWorkspace argument is the workspace name (converted to an X atom). The *ppWsInfo argument is the address of a variable to receive the returned pointer to the workspace information data. The DtWsmWorkspaceInfo structure contains at least the following members: Atom workspace The workspace name (con- verted to an X atom). unsigned long bg The pixel ID used for the background color of the backdrop. unsigned long fg The pixel ID used for the foreground color of the backdrop. Atom backdropName The backdrop file name (converted to an X atom). The file must be in either X Bitmap file format (with extension .bm) or X Pixmap file format (with extension .pm). The workspace man- agement services look for the file along the same path used for searching icons. The directory /usr/dt/backdrops is the default directory if the file cannot be found along the icon search path. int colorSetId The colorset number used for this workspace, which affects the backdrop color and the button color for this workspace on the front panel. char *pchTitle The title displayed in the button for this workspace on the front panel. This string is interpreted in the locale in which the CDE workspace manager, dtwm(1), is running. The title is different from the workspace name. The workspace name, when con- verted from an X atom, is used as the identifier for a workspace in the workspace manager function calls. The CDE workspace manager, dtwm(1). also uses the workspace name as a resource name; thus, the characters used in a workspace name are restricted to the charac- ters in the X Portable Character Set. The workspace name for a workspace created from the front panel is generated automatically by the CDE workspace manager, dtwm(1). Window *backdropWindows A pointer to an array of windows that make up the backdrop. int numBackdropWindows The number of elements in the backdropWindows array. RETURN VALUE
Upon successful completion, the DtWsmGetWorkspaceInfo function returns Success and the workspace manager returns in *ppWsInfo a pointer to a DtWsmInfo structure that contains information about the workspace aWorkspace; otherwise, it returns a value not equal to Success. APPLICATION USAGE
If the DtWsmGetWorkspaceInfo function is not successful, failure may be due to a memory allocation error or failure to find the correct workspace information (that is, the CDE workspace manager, dtwm(1), is not running). The application must use the DtWsmFreeWorkspaceInfo(3) function to free the data returned in *ppWsInfo. The *backdropWindows pointer may be useful for applications that are interested in some events on the root window. Since the backdrop covers the root window, the backdrop catches the button events before they reach the root. SEE ALSO
Dt/Wsm.h - DtWsm(5), dtwm(1), DtWsmGetWorkspaceList(3), DtWsmFreeWorkspaceInfo(3). DtWsmGetWorkspaceInfo(library call)