Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: SMTP setup
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers SMTP setup Post 15476 by knarayan on Thursday 14th of February 2002 03:29:30 PM
Old 02-14-2002
SMTP setup

Can anyone please explain me or send me a link to configure/setup SMTP on Sun Solaris server.

Thanx a lot.
Kavita

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Smtp

Hi All, I am running an email server on a Linux machine. My goal is to set up in a way that I can use pop3 to retrieve mail from a Windows machine using Outlook. Now I can download the messages from the Linux email server, however I can not send out messages. I encounter this error: ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vtran4270
1 Replies

2. Programming

C Smtp

how do you send a ".\n" in a smtp client? >354 Send message, end with <CRLF>.<CRLF> >. > i have already issued a "./n" but it doesnt work. please help. thanks. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: grotesque
1 Replies

3. AIX

NIM server setup on etherchannel setup environment

I know that IBM's official stance is that NIM does not work on etherchannel environment, but has anyone able to get around it? I'm working on a p5-590 LPAR system, and the NIM master and clients are all on the same frame. Any help is appreciated. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: pdtak
1 Replies

4. Solaris

SMTP Configuration

Hello everyone, I've got this Java script which needs to know the SMTP host in order to send out mails from a particular mail ID. But I have no idea how or what to configure in SMTP for getting this code up and running.(All I know is SMTP=Simple Mail Transfer Protocol). I'm using Solaris 5.8.... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Rajat
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Smtp

Hi All, I have a unix box which is in a network with windows machine, I am able to send the mails to the user id's with in the unix box. I dont have Internet connection for this box, so I am not able to test if it can send mails to external network or not? I want to know, if SMTP is already... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: balu_puttaganti
1 Replies

6. Red Hat

SMTP Settings

Hi all, Please help to check weather the SMTP settings are configured or not on my LINUX server? I want to send a mail to mailbox. I know that the target SMTP server has to be configured on LINUX box to do so. How can i see weather it is configured or not? --Ramesh Ch. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Raamc
3 Replies

7. HP-UX

SMTP and NTLM

Hi, I have a HP Unix from which I'm trying to connect to an email server through telnet and test sending emails using commands. Why am I doing that is not important. The email server is an Exchange server and it looks like that the only Authentication method it supports is NTLM. The host name... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: gheibia
0 Replies

8. Linux

SMTP issue

HI, I am having an issue with the mail. I had certain scripts who used to send mails. now i am not getting the mails as usual. need help to track the issue and resolve. mailx -s "Testing for details" xxx@yyy.zzz above code is used for mailing. can yoou please help? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: onlyniladri
2 Replies

9. Fedora

How to setup an smtp server on a UNIX machine !!!

How to setup an smtp server on a unix-based machine. For example ubuntu, mac os x, fedora. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: 14opsrc
4 Replies

10. Red Hat

How to setup Sendmail as SMTP Relay?

Hi Guys, I want to setup sendmail using my username and password on my ISP to be able to send out messages. I'm using Linux. So far, what I've done is modified the sendmail.mc with the following changes: define(`SMART_HOST',`myispsmtpoutgoingserver') FEATURE(authinfo)dnl In my... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: adshocker
0 Replies
Server::Client(3pm)					User Contributed Perl Documentation				       Server::Client(3pm)

NAME
Net::SMTP::Server::Client - Client session handling for Net::SMTP::Server. SYNOPSIS
use Carp; use Net::SMTP::Server; use Net::SMTP::Server::Client; use Net::SMTP::Server::Relay; $server = new Net::SMTP::Server('localhost', 25) || croak("Unable to handle client connection: $! "); while($conn = $server->accept()) { # We can perform all sorts of checks here for spammers, ACLs, # and other useful stuff to check on a connection. # Handle the client's connection and spawn off a new parser. # This can/should be a fork() or a new thread, # but for simplicity... my $client = new Net::SMTP::Server::Client($conn) || croak("Unable to handle client connection: $! "); # Process the client. This command will block until # the connecting client completes the SMTP transaction. $client->process || next; # In this simple server, we're just relaying everything # to a server. If a real server were implemented, you # could save email to a file, or perform various other # actions on it here. my $relay = new Net::SMTP::Server::Relay($client->{FROM}, $client->{TO}, $client->{MSG}); } DESCRIPTION
The Net::SMTP::Server::Client module implements all the session handling required for a Net::SMTP::Server::Client connection. The above example demonstrates how to use Net::SMTP::Server::Client with Net::SMTP::Server to handle SMTP connections. $client = new Net::SMTP::Server::Client($conn) Net::SMTP::Server::Client accepts one argument that must be a handle to a connection that will be used for communication. Once you have a new client session, simply call: $client->process This processes an SMTP transaction. THIS MAY APPEAR TO HANG -- ESPECIALLY IF THERE IS A LARGE AMOUNT OF DATA BEING SENT. Once this method returns, the server will have processed an entire SMTP transaction, and is ready to continue. Once $client->process returns, various fields have been filled in. Those are: $client->{TO} -- This is an array containing the intended recipients for this message. There may be multiple recipients for any given message. $client->{FROM} -- This is the sender of the given message. $client->{MSG} -- The actual message data. :) AUTHOR AND COPYRIGHT Net::SMTP::Server / SMTP::Server is Copyright(C) 1999, MacGyver (aka Habeeb J. Dihu) <macgyver@tos.net>. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. You may distribute this package under the terms of either the GNU General Public License or the Artistic License, as specified in the Perl README file. SEE ALSO
Net::SMTP::Server::Server, Net::SMTP::Server::Relay perl v5.10.1 1999-12-28 Server::Client(3pm)