Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers How to create a simple todo file? Post 15458 by LivinFree on Thursday 14th of February 2002 09:00:36 AM
Old 02-14-2002
This looks suspiciously like homework / coursework...

Of course we would never post homework, right? Smilie

If I'm mistaken, please let me know.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Modifying simple commands to create a script

Can anyone direct me to a resource that explains scripting in simple terms? I have visited many sites and browsed this forum and have yet to find simple explanations. (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: rocinante
8 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to create an run a simple batch file?

Hi, So, I created a file named TEST.BAT in my home directory. In it, I wrote: #! /bin/bash echo Hello and then, saved the file. Then, at the command-line interface, I typed TEST.BAT, but the command-line never executes the file and thus, never returns "Hello". It says "command... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Hyunkel
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Create new simple System Call.

Hello to all! I am new with unix and i need your help to make something.. First of all i want to inform you that i am working under the Minix 3 OS. What i want to make is, a new system call in terms of the process manager. This system call should take an integer as a parameter (input) and... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kostis1904
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Simple Script to create folders

Hi I want to write a small script that will create folders named from `AAAA' all the way to `ZZZZ'. That is: `AAAA' `AAAB' `AAAC' ... `AABA' `AABB' `AABC' ... `ABAA' `ABAB' `ABAC' ... `ABBA' ... `ZZZZ' (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ksk
4 Replies

5. Solaris

How to create a simple background script on Solaris

I have a local account for a unix server. The idle timeout for the account is around 10 mins. I have to login to the server multiple times during the day. Is there a way to increase the idle timeout or may be a script that I can run on background so it is not idle. Something like echo date every 9... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: vinaysa
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to create a simple shell script to backup

Hello - I am in process of deleting many files which are older than 4 weeks. For example I am inside: /subsystem/prod/ Files are with various extentions, but anything older than 4 weeks should be deleted. What would be the most simplest script to acheive this? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: DallasT
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to create a simple copy script?

Guys I want to do this: copy: /var/router/system1/config/backup/install.put /var/router/system2/config/backup/install.put /var/router/system3/config/backup/install.put /var/router/system4/config/backup/install.put into: /var/router/system1/config/install.dat... (22 Replies)
Discussion started by: DallasT
22 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Create simple script

Dear all, I have a directory named A and some subdirectories named B, C, D with .xml files. I want to use the following command to strip the file. sed -re ':start s/<*>//g; /</ {N; b start}' file.xml > file.xml At the same time, I want to remove the blank lines using sed '/^$/d' How can... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: corfuitl
6 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help making simple perl or bash script to create a simple matrix

Hello all! This is my first post and I'm very new to programming. I would like help creating a simple perl or bash script that I will be using in my work as a junior bioinformatician. Essentially, I would like to take a tab-delimted or .csv text with 3 columns and write them to a "3D" matrix: ... (16 Replies)
Discussion started by: torchij
16 Replies

10. Homework & Coursework Questions

Create a simple bash backup script of a file

This is the problem: Write a script that will make a backup of a file giving it a ‘.bak’ extension & verify that it works. I have tried a number of different scripts that haven't worked and I haven't seen anything really concise and to the point via google. For brevity's sake this is one of the... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: demet8
4 Replies
post(3MENU)															       post(3MENU)

NAME
post - write or erase menus from associated subwindows SYNOPSIS
#include <menu.h> int post_menu(MENU *menu); int unpost_menu(MENU *menu); DESCRIPTION
The function post_menu displays a menu to its associated subwindow. To trigger physical display of the subwindow, use refresh or some equivalent curses routine (the implicit doupdate triggered by an curses input request will do). post_menu resets the selection status of all items. The function unpost_menu erases menu from its associated subwindow. RETURN VALUE
These routines return one of the following: E_OK The routine succeeded. E_SYSTEM_ERROR System error occurred (see errno). E_BAD_ARGUMENT Routine detected an incorrect or out-of-range argument. E_POSTED The menu has already been posted. E_BAD_STATE Routine was called from an initialization or termination function. E_NO_ROOM Menu is too large for its window. You should consider to use set_menu_format() to solve the problem. E_NOT_POSTED The menu has not been posted. E_NOT_CONNECTED No items are connected to the menu. SEE ALSO
ncurses(3NCURSES), menu(3MENU). NOTES
The header file <menu.h> automatically includes the header file <curses.h>. PORTABILITY
These routines emulate the System V menu library. They were not supported on Version 7 or BSD versions. AUTHORS
Juergen Pfeifer. Manual pages and adaptation for new curses by Eric S. Raymond. post(3MENU)