Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Command missing
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Command missing Post 15450 by Perderabo on Thursday 14th of February 2002 08:02:52 AM
Old 02-14-2002
thekid, what do you get from "which shutdown"?

And anyway, I can shed some light here. First shutdown(2) is a system call that will exist on any unix system with BSD sockets. So there is a manpage for shutdown(2) and shutdown(1m). When you just do "man shutdown", the man command just shows the first page it finds. With HP's man command you can do "man 1m shutdown" and "man 2 shutdown" to pick one or the other.

At 9.x, HP-UX did not have the kind of shutdown and startup scripts it has now. It had a single monolithic rc script which did indeed reside in /etc.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Missing core file using ssh + command

On a 2.6.21 kernel (MontaVista, x86_pentium4), I'm failing to see expected "core.pid" files dropped. Consider this tiny program, "dumpcore.c": #include <stdio.h> #include <stdlib.h> #include <sys/prctl.h> int main( int argc, char ** argv ) { printf("dumpable = %d\n", prctl(... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: kclittle
5 Replies

2. AIX

#emgr -l command output missing

Hi, I have recently started to patch all my AIX boxes. I have applied almost 28 interim fixes on those. i have the snaps of emgr -l out put showing all tha patch details and date on which those we applied. but after reboot, emgr -l comannd says "There is no efix data on this... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: sandeepbodkhe
0 Replies

3. Web Development

ftp: missing chown command

hi, I'm connecting to a web server with ftp protocol and I would like to change some folders and files owner. I tried chown but it is not available. I typed "help" and this is the list I got. Is possible that the chown command is not installed on the server ? Or I don't have permissions ?... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: aneuryzma
8 Replies

4. AIX

Help Please - Command to view missing filesets in aix

Please anyone tell me "What is the command to view missing filesets in aix" Thanks in advance ---------- Post updated at 09:34 PM ---------- Previous update was at 05:09 PM ---------- Please anyone tell me "What is the command to view missing filesets in aix" Thanks in advance (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sweetysiva29
3 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Checking missing data's sequence (shell script | UNIX command)

Dear All members, i have some trouble here, i want to ask your help. The case is: I have some data, it's like: -ABCD1234 -ABCD1235 -ABCD1237 -BCDE1111 -BCDE1112 -BCDE1114 there is some missing data's sequence (the format is: ABCD = name 1234 = sequence). I want to print the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: septian.tri
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Incorrect number of command line arguments and missing required files

I am developing a script. This script takes in one parameter which is the name of a file whose content is a list of names of some files. The script can check whether those files exist in current directory. Here is my question: If the number of provided parameters is less than one or one of the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ray Sun
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Getopts how to handle missing '-' in command line args.

I'm using getopts to process command line args in a Bash script. The code looks like this: while getopts ":cfmvhs:t:" option; do case $option in c) operationMode="CHECK" ;; f) operationMode="FAST" ;; m) ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: gencon
6 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Looking for an awk command to print strings only if substring is missing

I have a file that I need to find each interface that has move-group on the interface line and print this line if the lines under the interface does Not have "filter-shared 14". Example file: interface 1/1/1/0 move-group decription one one one zero no shut filter-shared 14... (21 Replies)
Discussion started by: numele
21 Replies

9. AIX

Need command to find missing operating system security patches

Hi, Need a command to find out Missing operating system patches for AIX 7.1 or a command to list down all installed patches. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Mona Khandelwal
1 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

XFCE Desktop - trash, cannot execute file, command prompt here missing.

Hi there, I am using the xfce4 is already the newest version (4.12.5). thunar is already the newest version (1.8.4-1). The distribution is Linux kali 4.19.0-kali1-amd64 #1 SMP Debian 4.19.13-1kali1 (2019-01-03) x86_64 GNU/Linux However, the problem is: When I when I click on any program to... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: alvinoo
2 Replies
asadmin-shutdown(1AS)						   User Commands					     asadmin-shutdown(1AS)

NAME
asadmin-shutdown, shutdown - brings down the administration server SYNOPSIS
shutdown [--user admin_user][--password admin_password][--host localhost] [--port 4848][--passwordfile filename][--secure|-s] shutdown gracefully brings down the administration server and all the running instances. You must manually start the administration server to bring it up again. OPTIONS
--user administrative user associated for the instance. --password administrative password corresponding to the administrative user. --host host name of the machine hosting the administrative instance. --port administrative port number associated with the administrative host. --passwordfile file containing passwords appropriate for the command (e.g., administrative instance). --secure if true, uses SSL/TLS to communicate with the administrative instance. Example 1: Using the shutdown command asadmin> shutdown --user admin --password adminadmin --host bluestar --port 4848 Waiting for admin server to shutdown... Admin server has been shutdown EXIT STATUS
0 command executed successfully 1 error in executing the command INTERFACE EQUIVALENT
Administration Server page asadmin-start-instance(1AS), asadmin-stop-instance(1AS), asadmin-restart-instance(1AS)asadmin-start-domain(1AS), asadmin-stop-domain(1AS), asadmin-start-appserv(1AS), asadmin-stop-appserv(1AS) J2EE 1.4 SDK March 2004 asadmin-shutdown(1AS)