Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Time syncronization
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Time syncronization Post 15445 by htsubamoto on Thursday 14th of February 2002 05:33:08 AM
Old 02-14-2002
Time syncronization

Hello all,

I would like to know if anybody ever had to do time syncronization between different Unix Flavours ( Solaris, AIX, HP-UX, Linux). I was thinking about using NTP. Anyone have a suggestion? Thanks in advance...

HTT

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

How To Provide Time Sync Using Nts-150 Time Server On Unix Network?

can anybody tel lme,how to instal NTS -150 on a unix network,it needs some patch to fetch time frm serve,,?? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: pesty
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Convert Epoch Time to Standard Date and Time & Vice Versa

Hi guys, I know that this topic has been discuss numerous times, and I have search the net and this forum for it. However, non able to address the problem I faced so far. I am on Solaris Platform and unable to install additional packages like the GNU date and gawk to make use of their... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: DrivesMeCrazy
5 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Converting string date time to unix time in AWK

I'd like to convert a date string in the form of sun aug 19 09:03:10 EDT 2012, to unixtime timestamp using awk. I tried This is how each line of the file looks like, different date and time in this format Sun Aug 19 08:33:45 EDT 2012, user1(108.6.217.236) all: test on the 17th ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: bkkid
2 Replies

4. Solaris

modifying date and time and time zone on solaris 5.10 with (redundant server) veritas

I have a cluster of two Solaris server (veritas cluster). one working and the other is standby I am going to change the date on them , and am looking for a secure solution as it is giving an important service. my opinion is that the active one doesn't need to be restarted (if I don't change the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: barry1946
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

UNIX Servers Syncronization Software

:wall: Does anyone know of a good Unix Server Syncronization Softwarware, I have a customer that has a primary server but he wants to get another one as a backup and he wants to syncronize all the disks on a daily or weekly bases to have it ready in case the primary fails. Your help would be... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: reb
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Convert UTC time into current UNIX sever time zone

Hi guys thanks for the help for my previous posts.Now i have a requirement that i download a XMl file which has UTC time stamp.I need to convert UTC time into Unix server timezone. For ex if the time zone of unix server is CDT then i need to convert into CDT.whatever may be the system time... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: mohanalakshmi
5 Replies

7. Programming

Find gaps in time data and replace missing time value and column 2 value by interpolation in awk

Dear all, I am kindly seeking assistance on the following issue. I am working with data that is sampled every 0.05 hours (that is 3 minutes intervals) here is a sample data from the file 5.00000 15.5030 5.05000 15.6680 5.10000 16.0100 5.15000 16.3450 5.20000 16.7120 5.25000... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: malandisa
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Calculate Time diff in milli milliseconds(Time format : HH:MM:SS,NNN)

Hi All, I have one file which contains time for request and response. I want to calculate time difference in milliseconds for each line. This file can contain 10K lines. Sample file with 4 lines. for first line. Request Time: 15:23:45,255 Response Time: 15:23:45,258 Time diff... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Raza Ali
6 Replies
TIMESYNCD.CONF(5)						  timesyncd.conf						 TIMESYNCD.CONF(5)

NAME
timesyncd.conf, timesyncd.conf.d - Network Time Synchronization configuration files SYNOPSIS
/etc/systemd/timesyncd.conf /etc/systemd/timesyncd.conf.d/*.conf /run/systemd/timesyncd.conf.d/*.conf /usr/lib/systemd/timesyncd.conf.d/*.conf DESCRIPTION
These configuration files control NTP network time synchronization. CONFIGURATION DIRECTORIES AND PRECEDENCE
The default configuration is defined during compilation, so a configuration file is only needed when it is necessary to deviate from those defaults. By default, the configuration file in /etc/systemd/ contains commented out entries showing the defaults as a guide to the administrator. This file can be edited to create local overrides. When packages need to customize the configuration, they can install configuration snippets in /usr/lib/systemd/*.conf.d/. Files in /etc/ are reserved for the local administrator, who may use this logic to override the configuration files installed by vendor packages. The main configuration file is read before any of the configuration directories, and has the lowest precedence; entries in a file in any configuration directory override entries in the single configuration file. Files in the *.conf.d/ configuration subdirectories are sorted by their filename in lexicographic order, regardless of which of the subdirectories they reside in. When multiple files specify the same option, for options which accept just a single value, the entry in the file with the lexicographically latest name takes precedence. For options which accept a list of values, entries are collected as they occur in files sorted lexicographically. It is recommended to prefix all filenames in those subdirectories with a two-digit number and a dash, to simplify the ordering of the files. To disable a configuration file supplied by the vendor, the recommended way is to place a symlink to /dev/null in the configuration directory in /etc/, with the same filename as the vendor configuration file. OPTIONS
The following settings are configured in the "[Time]" section: NTP= A space-separated list of NTP server host names or IP addresses. During runtime this list is combined with any per-interface NTP servers acquired from systemd-networkd.service(8). systemd-timesyncd will contact all configured system or per-interface servers in turn until one is found that responds. When the empty string is assigned, the list of NTP servers is reset, and all assignments prior to this one will have no effect. This setting defaults to an empty list. FallbackNTP= A space-separated list of NTP server host names or IP addresses to be used as the fallback NTP servers. Any per-interface NTP servers obtained from systemd-networkd.service(8) take precedence over this setting, as do any servers set via NTP= above. This setting is hence only used if no other NTP server information is known. When the empty string is assigned, the list of NTP servers is reset, and all assignments prior to this one will have no effect. If this option is not given, a compiled-in list of NTP servers is used instead. RootDistanceMaxSec= Maximum acceptable root distance. Takes a time value (in seconds). Defaults to 5 seconds. PollIntervalMinSec=, PollIntervalMaxSec= The minimum and maximum poll intervals for NTP messages. Each setting takes a time value (in seconds). PollIntervalMinSec= must not be smaller than 16 seconds. PollIntervalMaxSec= must be larger than PollIntervalMinSec=. PollIntervalMinSec= defaults to 32 seconds, and PollIntervalMaxSec= defaults to 2048 seconds. SEE ALSO
systemd(1), systemd-timesyncd.service(8), systemd-networkd.service(8) systemd 237 TIMESYNCD.CONF(5)