Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Command missing
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Command missing Post 15407 by thekid on Wednesday 13th of February 2002 05:28:06 PM
Old 02-13-2002
MySQL

Ok. There still is no /sbin or /usr/sbin on this system. However, I tried the shutdown -r command and it started the shutdown process like I've seen on AIX. I'm not quite sure why the man page for shutdown talks about a shutdown() function that deals with sockets. Anyway...I'm all set. Thanks for your help.
thekid

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Missing core file using ssh + command

On a 2.6.21 kernel (MontaVista, x86_pentium4), I'm failing to see expected "core.pid" files dropped. Consider this tiny program, "dumpcore.c": #include <stdio.h> #include <stdlib.h> #include <sys/prctl.h> int main( int argc, char ** argv ) { printf("dumpable = %d\n", prctl(... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: kclittle
5 Replies

2. AIX

#emgr -l command output missing

Hi, I have recently started to patch all my AIX boxes. I have applied almost 28 interim fixes on those. i have the snaps of emgr -l out put showing all tha patch details and date on which those we applied. but after reboot, emgr -l comannd says "There is no efix data on this... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: sandeepbodkhe
0 Replies

3. Web Development

ftp: missing chown command

hi, I'm connecting to a web server with ftp protocol and I would like to change some folders and files owner. I tried chown but it is not available. I typed "help" and this is the list I got. Is possible that the chown command is not installed on the server ? Or I don't have permissions ?... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: aneuryzma
8 Replies

4. AIX

Help Please - Command to view missing filesets in aix

Please anyone tell me "What is the command to view missing filesets in aix" Thanks in advance ---------- Post updated at 09:34 PM ---------- Previous update was at 05:09 PM ---------- Please anyone tell me "What is the command to view missing filesets in aix" Thanks in advance (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sweetysiva29
3 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Checking missing data's sequence (shell script | UNIX command)

Dear All members, i have some trouble here, i want to ask your help. The case is: I have some data, it's like: -ABCD1234 -ABCD1235 -ABCD1237 -BCDE1111 -BCDE1112 -BCDE1114 there is some missing data's sequence (the format is: ABCD = name 1234 = sequence). I want to print the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: septian.tri
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Incorrect number of command line arguments and missing required files

I am developing a script. This script takes in one parameter which is the name of a file whose content is a list of names of some files. The script can check whether those files exist in current directory. Here is my question: If the number of provided parameters is less than one or one of the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ray Sun
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Getopts how to handle missing '-' in command line args.

I'm using getopts to process command line args in a Bash script. The code looks like this: while getopts ":cfmvhs:t:" option; do case $option in c) operationMode="CHECK" ;; f) operationMode="FAST" ;; m) ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: gencon
6 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Looking for an awk command to print strings only if substring is missing

I have a file that I need to find each interface that has move-group on the interface line and print this line if the lines under the interface does Not have "filter-shared 14". Example file: interface 1/1/1/0 move-group decription one one one zero no shut filter-shared 14... (21 Replies)
Discussion started by: numele
21 Replies

9. AIX

Need command to find missing operating system security patches

Hi, Need a command to find out Missing operating system patches for AIX 7.1 or a command to list down all installed patches. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Mona Khandelwal
1 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

XFCE Desktop - trash, cannot execute file, command prompt here missing.

Hi there, I am using the xfce4 is already the newest version (4.12.5). thunar is already the newest version (1.8.4-1). The distribution is Linux kali 4.19.0-kali1-amd64 #1 SMP Debian 4.19.13-1kali1 (2019-01-03) x86_64 GNU/Linux However, the problem is: When I when I click on any program to... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: alvinoo
2 Replies
DIFFINDEX-DOWNLOAD(1)													     DIFFINDEX-DOWNLOAD(1)

NAME
diffindex-download - Download utility for Debian Contents files SYNOPSIS
diffindex-download [ options ] URL filename DESCRIPTION
diffindex-download is a command line tool for downloading Contents files. It uses APT's diff/Index format patches when available to avoid downloading the full file. diffindex-download is used by apt-file. OPTIONS
-n number If more than number patches would be necessary, download the whole file. Specifying 0 to always download the whole file is possible. -k Don't verify the peer certificate when using https. -c cacert If cacert is a directory: Use cacert as CA certificate path. Otherwise use cacert as CA certificate bundle. See the --capath and --cacert options in the curl(1) man page. -i Don't exit with errror if the URL does not exist. This is useful as some archives don't provide Contents files. -q Be quiet (opposite of -v). The default if stdout is not a terminal. -v Be verbose (opposite of -q). The default if stdout is a terminal. -d Print additional debug info. -h Display a short help screen. SEE ALSO
apt-file(1), diffindex-rred(1), curl(1) AUTHOR
diffindex-download was written by Stefan Fritsch <sf@debian.org>. January 2009 DIFFINDEX-DOWNLOAD(1)