Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: who
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers who Post 15268 by guest100 on Tuesday 12th of February 2002 01:32:50 PM
Old 02-12-2002
Ok, let me rephrase then :

If I do a 'w' I get the below. ALL these are current connections, right?

# w
6:28pm up 13 days, 6:39, 6 users, load average: 2.48, 2.63, 2.65
User tty login@ idle JCPU PCPU what
admin network 6:05pm 3 -
admin network 10:09am 3 -
admin ttyp3 6:25pm 1 /usr/bin/noc/gnurdirect 10.156.64.65 20007 LOGIN_AUTO LOGIN_
admin ttyp4 6:25pm /usr/bin/noc/gnurdirect 10.156.64.65 10022 LOGIN_AUTO LOGIN_
root pts/0 6:28pm w
admin network 4:50pm 3 -

How can I kill the admin ones with the dash(-). I try to grep network but nothing shows up. If I grep ttyp3 for example I get the session and I can kill it. I want to kill the ones that have a - (dash) next to them but the proccess ID does not show up.

Sorry if I confuse you, let me know so I can provide more information if you need. Any help will be much appreciated.

GLOBUS-GATEKEEPER-(8)					       University of Chicago					     GLOBUS-GATEKEEPER-(8)

NAME
globus-gatekeeper-admin - Manage globus-gatekeeper services SYNOPSIS
globus-gatekeeper-admin [-h] globus-gatekeeper-admin [-l] [-n NAME] globus-gatekeeper-admin [-e SERVICE] [-n NAME] globus-gatekeeper-admin [-E] globus-gatekeeper-admin [-d SERVICE] DESCRIPTION
The globus-gatekeeper-admin program manages service entries which are used by the globus-gatekeeper to execute services. Service entries are located in the /etc/grid-services directory. The globus-gatekeeper-admin can list, enable, or disable specific services, or set a service as the default. The -h command-line option shows a brief usage message. Listing services The -l command-line option to globus-gatekeeper-admin will cause it to list all of the services which are available to be run by the globus-gatekeeper. In the output, the service name will be followed by its status in brackets. Possible status strings are ENABLED, DISABLED, and ALIAS to NAME, where NAME is another service name. If the -n NAME is used, then only information about the service named NAME is printed. Enabling services The -e SERVICE command-line option to globus-gatekeeper-admin will cause it to enable a service so that it may be run by the globus-gatekeeper. If the -n NAME option is used as well, then the service will be enabled with the alias NAME. Enabling a default service The -E command-line option to globus-gatekeeper-admin will cause it to enable a service alias with the name jobmanager. The globus-gatekeeper-admin program will choose the first service it finds as the default. To enable a particular service as the default, use the -e parameter described above with the -n parameter. Disabling services The -d SERVICE command-line option to globus-gatekeeper-admin will cause it to disable a service so that it may not be run by the globus-gatekeeper. All aliases to a disabled service are also disabled. FILES
/etc/grid-services Default location of enabled gatekeeper service descriptions. University of Chicago 12/13/2011 GLOBUS-GATEKEEPER-(8)