Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: /dev/fb* missing
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers /dev/fb* missing Post 15210 by heinb on Tuesday 12th of February 2002 04:22:33 AM
Old 02-12-2002
Thank you very much for the help! I will give it a go.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. AIX

missing /dev/ipldevice

Hello I was doing a mksysb and was given an error message that my /dev/ipldevice was missing. when i do an lslv -m hd5 i get the following output: LP PP1 PV1 PP2 PV2 PP3 PV3 0001 0001 hdisk0 0002 0002 hdisk0 I check other... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mhenryj
3 Replies

2. Solaris

What is /dev/tty /dev/null and /dev/console

Hi, Anyone can help My solaris 8 system has the following /dev/null , /dev/tty and /dev/console All permission are lrwxrwxrwx Can this be change to a non-world write ?? any impact ?? (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: civic2005
12 Replies

3. Ubuntu

/dev/ttyb missing from UBUNTU

HI All I am doing first steps in debugging with GDB. I have been suggested to redirect output to another terminal using the command using tty /dev/ttyb I had a look at my ubuntu doing ls /dev/tty* and I cannot find this ttyb. What is it and how to achieve the same thing? I am... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: manustone
0 Replies

4. AIX

/dev/rmt devices are missing

Hello, I attached a tape drive to one of my partitions but i cannot find the device. I run the command lsdev|grep rmt but i dont get anything in return. When i run lsslot -c slot i can see the slot number and the device that belongs to the tape drive but i cannot find any rmt files in /dev.... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: omonoiatis9
6 Replies

5. Solaris

Size missing on /dev/dsk/c0t0d0s3

Our used size is 83 gb. Total of the folders and documents size is46,2 gb. 83-46=37 gb. Where is my space. Where was lost? Could you please I need your opinions? {root}/space>du -s -h * 308K alaerrm-jprof 1K argerela 20G baerckup_in 1.8G cererm 28M ecerlipselink ... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: getrue
8 Replies

6. SuSE

/dev/sg7 missing

Hello all. I have a device thats suposed to be /dev/sg7 but when I do "ls -laF /dev/sg*" all sgXX are there from 0 to 15 except 7. what is going wrong:mad:. Please its urgent:wall: (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: eXadra
1 Replies

7. Solaris

Lun remove, stuck in /dev/dsk and /dev/rdsk

So, we removed a LUN from the SAN and the system is refusing to remove the references to it in the /dev folder. I've done the following: devfsadm -Cv powermt -q luxadm -e offline <drive path> luxadm probe All those commands failed to remove the path. The drive stills shows up as <drive... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: DustinT
13 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Automating partitioning setup of /dev/sda on /dev/sdc

Objective: To recreate the partitioning setup of /dev/sda on /dev/sdc How would I parse the below information and initialize variables (an array?) that can be used to build sgdisk commands in a script, regardless of the number of partitions? Something along the lines of: sgdisk -n... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: RogerBaran
12 Replies

9. Red Hat

Changing grub from /dev/sda to /dev/sdb

Hi, Please suggest steps to change grub from /dev/sda to /dev/sdb, (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: manoj.solaris
1 Replies

10. HP-UX

Dev/urandom and dev/random missing in HP-UX

Hi, In our HP-UX B.11.11. I could not find dev/urandom and dev/random Are all pseudo-devices implemented as device drivers, or in need to run /configure some package to install the package to have dev/urandom. Please help (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: rashi
4 Replies
TRACEROUTE(1)							   User Commands						     TRACEROUTE(1)

NAME
traceroute - Trace the route to a host SYNOPSIS
traceroute [OPTION...] HOST DESCRIPTION
Print the route packets trace to network host. -M, --type=METHOD use METHOD (`icmp' or `udp') for traceroute operations -p, --port=PORT use destination PORT port (default: 33434) -q, --tries=NUM send NUM probe packets per hop (default: 3) --resolve-hostnames resolve hostnames -?, --help give this help list --usage give a short usage message -V, --version print program version Mandatory or optional arguments to long options are also mandatory or optional for any corresponding short options. AUTHOR
Written by Elian Gidoni. REPORTING BUGS
Report bugs to <bug-inetutils@gnu.org>. COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 2011 Free Software Foundation, Inc. License GPLv3+: GNU GPL version 3 or later <http://gnu.org/licenses/gpl.html>. This is free software: you are free to change and redistribute it. There is NO WARRANTY, to the extent permitted by law. SEE ALSO
The full documentation for traceroute is maintained as a Texinfo manual. If the info and traceroute programs are properly installed at your site, the command info traceroute should give you access to the complete manual. GNU inetutils 1.9 December 2011 TRACEROUTE(1)