Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: repartitioning
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers repartitioning Post 15117 by cmh on Monday 11th of February 2002 03:39:48 AM
Old 02-11-2002
You are right about putting WWW on the second disk. I was considering that too but was not sure. However, your reply didn't mention whether it is possible to repartition disk2 so that I can put www on its own partition there (without having to move the files currently on disk2 somewhere else).

Or did you mean that I should just put www in disk2 as a subfolder of the folder currently present? Currently /usr/home/data has the whole of the disk2 partition. If I put www as a subfolder there, would that be too deep and create slow access for users? Perhaps it makes no difference as it will be only accessed internally on our LAN.

6 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

Repartitioning scsi drive in Nextstep

Need to change the partitions on a SCSI drive with Nextstep. df shows filesystem kbytes used avail cap mounted on /dev/sd0a 2051824 231924 13% / /dev/sd0b 998332 9 0% /Vol2 /dev/sd0c 998332 9 0% /Vol3 /dev/sd0d 998332 9 0% /Vol4 /dev/sd0e 998332 9 0% /Vol5... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Mace
3 Replies

2. Solaris

Repartitioning hard drive on Solaris10

Hello, Is it possible to repartition hard drive on Solaris10 without deleting all the content of the drive? I have a workstation with 40G drive that has two partitions 4G and 36G. The big partition is allocated for /export/home and small for everything else (don't ask me why, I did not set it up... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: pn8830
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Resizing and repartitioning NTFS with gParted?

Sorry that this is slightly OT, but in my defence, I intend to install Linux (and probably others). I just bought a new computer with Windows Vista preinstalled; and though there is no love between me and MS, I would like to keep it (I paid for it after all). I have 2 x 500GB HDD. The extra... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: koppe
1 Replies

4. Solaris

formating and repartitioning an external hard drives

Version: solaris 10 x86 I just got a western digital external harddrive formated with fat 32. this drive came with some setup files which is meant for windows or mac. I want to reformat and partition this drive into two ( for solaris and windows) such that the setup files will still be there... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: seyiisq
2 Replies

5. Solaris

Metaset repartitioning

Dear all, This metaset stuff drive me crazy. The story begin with the Solaris 8 upgrade.... We have a pair of Solaris 8 with Sun Cluster 3.1, to prevent a long downtime, the Live Upgrade was chosen. As metadb cannot use LU to upgrade directly, we remove the diskset before upgrade, and put it... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: donaldfoo
0 Replies

6. Ubuntu

Ubuntu very slow after repartitioning

Good evening, i don't know if this is the right section, so forgive me if it's wrong. i have an Asus Gl503v in dual boot w10-ubuntu18. hard disk is hybrid ssd-hhd. w10 is the native system and it is on ssd. I partitioned the hdd left a part ntfs and a part ext4. In the ext4 part i created... (15 Replies)
Discussion started by: Marcov
15 Replies
RMF(1)                                                               [nmh-1.5]                                                              RMF(1)

NAME
rmf - remove an nmh folder SYNOPSIS
rmf [+folder] [-interactive | -nointeractive] [-version] [-help] DESCRIPTION
Rmf removes all of the messages (files) within the specified (or default) folder, and then removes the folder (directory) itself. If there are any files within the folder which are not a part of nmh, they will not be removed, and an error will be produced. If the folder is given explicitly or the -nointeractive option is given, then the folder will be removed without confirmation. Otherwise, the user will be asked for confirmation. If rmf can't find the current folder, for some reason, the folder to be removed defaults to `+inbox' (unless overridden by user's profile entry "Inbox") with confirmation. If the folder being removed is a subfolder, the parent folder will become the new current folder, and rmf will produce a message telling the user this has happened. This provides an easy mechanism for selecting a set of messages, operating on the list, then removing the list and returning to the current folder from which the list was extracted. If rmf s used on a read-only folder, it will delete all the (private) sequences (i.e., "atr-seq-folder" entries) for this folder from your context without affecting the folder itself. Rmf irreversibly deletes messages that don't have other links, so use it with caution. FILES
$HOME/.mh_profile The user profile PROFILE COMPONENTS
Path: To determine the user's nmh directory Current-Folder: To find the default current folder Inbox: To find the default inbox SEE ALSO
rmm(1) DEFAULTS
`+folder' defaults to the current folder, usually with confirmation `-interactive' if +folder' not given, `-nointeractive' otherwise CONTEXT
Rmf will set the current folder to the parent folder if a subfolder is removed; or if the current folder is removed, it will make "inbox" current. Otherwise, it doesn't change the current folder or message. BUGS
Although intuitively one would suspect that rmf works recursively, it does not. Hence if you have a sub-folder within a folder, in order to rmf the parent, you must first rmf each of the children. MH.6.8 11 June 2012 RMF(1)