Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers aggregate ethernet ports under Solaris Post 15058 by 98_1LE on Saturday 9th of February 2002 11:45:45 AM
Old 02-09-2002
aggregate ethernet ports under Solaris

I have been looking for info on how to aggregate 2 ore 3 NIC's into into one big pipe. Any advice would be appreciated.
-Chuck

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

ethernet card for Solaris

Hi, How can i check the speed of the Ethernet card that my Sun server has and also how can i change it to full Duplex if it is set to half duplex? What is the file that takes care of this? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: i2admin
3 Replies

2. IP Networking

Solaris 9 Ethernet Card Problems

I keeping plumbing my ethernet card and assigning it an IP address and netmask, but after I reboot it keeps losing this information. Can anyone help me solve this problem? I am using the command: ifconfig hme0 plumb <IP Address> netmask <Subnet Mask> broadcast + up I am running Solaris 9 OS. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: saucierm
2 Replies

3. Solaris

[Please Help] ethernet problem on solaris

Hi All, i have a problem with my database server using sun machine v440 and sunOS 5.9 on ethernet, i've checked on system log /var/adm/messages and found much error messages like shown below : Sep 21 16:14:48 dbs genunix: WARNING: ce0: fault detected external to device; service degraded Sep... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: bucci
2 Replies

4. Solaris

Configuring TP Ethernet in SPARCstation 5 Solaris 8

Hey. i have been trying to configure the on board Ethernet in My Sparcstation 5, i have spent a lot of time on the ifconfig man pages. but it could really be nice with some pro. help. i don't think the interface is running . i don't know what name the interface have, le0 eth0 et0, it just says no... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: mads-nielsen
4 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

NTP idle ports and ethernet interfaces

I did a netstat -an and saw that ntp was listening on 4 UDP ports for each interface. Is this insecure because they are UDP ports and I don't see them in a listen state, is that because they are just a client. Thank you. *.ntp Idle... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: csross
2 Replies

6. Solaris

Sun Solaris ethernet interface

Hi, During the installation of solaris suppose I am configuring one ethernet interface that is primary but on my server there are 4 ethernet interfaces,because all other interface not configured, what is way to find out how many ethernet interfaces are there on Server, (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: manoj.solaris
6 Replies

7. Solaris

IPMP over aggregate in Solaris 11

hi all, i start with solaris 11 and i am disapointed by the change on ip managing. i want to set a ipmp over tow aggregate but i dont find any doc and i am lost with the new commande switch1 net0 aggregate1 | net1 aggregate1 |-----| |... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sylvain
1 Replies

8. AIX

Locating and Mapping Physical Ethernet Ports

Hello Everyone, Quick question, any short and fast way to locate and map the physical Ethernet ports on the physical server ? Server with expansion box has around 12 ethernet ports (fibre and ethernet) what is the quickest way to map or find out en0 represents which physical port ? ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: filosophizer
1 Replies

9. Solaris

Solaris 11 ssh on machine with multiple Ethernet ports

I have a server with 6 Ethernet ports. 4 are the the motherboard based 1 GBE ports and 2 are 10 GBE ports on NICs. I have set these all up with static IP addresses and use the standard /etc/nsswitch.files. My IP addresses are net0 192.168.1.82 net1 192.168.2.82 and so on till net5... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ashlaw
4 Replies
DROP 
AGGREGATE(7) SQL Commands DROP AGGREGATE(7) NAME
DROP AGGREGATE - remove an aggregate function SYNOPSIS
DROP AGGREGATE [ IF EXISTS ] name ( type [ , ... ] ) [ CASCADE | RESTRICT ] DESCRIPTION
DROP AGGREGATE removes an existing aggregate function. To execute this command the current user must be the owner of the aggregate func- tion. PARAMETERS
IF EXISTS Do not throw an error if the aggregate does not exist. A notice is issued in this case. name The name (optionally schema-qualified) of an existing aggregate function. type An input data type on which the aggregate function operates. To reference a zero-argument aggregate function, write * in place of the list of input data types. CASCADE Automatically drop objects that depend on the aggregate function. RESTRICT Refuse to drop the aggregate function if any objects depend on it. This is the default. EXAMPLES
To remove the aggregate function myavg for type integer: DROP AGGREGATE myavg(integer); COMPATIBILITY
There is no DROP AGGREGATE statement in the SQL standard. SEE ALSO
ALTER AGGREGATE [alter_aggregate(7)], CREATE AGGREGATE [create_aggregate(7)] SQL - Language Statements 2010-05-14 DROP AGGREGATE(7)