Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: SImple command question
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers SImple command question Post 14894 by Diabeticus on Thursday 7th of February 2002 04:34:46 PM
Old 02-07-2002
Question UNIX command to get DATE CREATED for a file?

Does anyone know the command to get the date CREATED for a file?

This is driving me berserk. Windows has it. But I cannnnnnot remeber what it is in UNIX!

Thanks!

Last edited by Diabeticus; 02-07-2002 at 06:26 PM..

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Ok simple question for simple knowledge...

Ok what is BSD exactly? I know its a type of open source but what is it exactly? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Corrail
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Simple question.

Is it possible to establish an IF statement inside a case statement in a shell file ? thx (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: TARFU
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Simple Command (head) Question

Okay, this probably sounds dumb for anyone who knows the answer, but I'm completely lost. I have to use the head command to search a directory AND all of its subdirectories to display the first line of all .txt files. I know how to do this: head -1 ~/UnixCourse/*.txt, but that does not search the... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: jbud
4 Replies

4. Programming

Simple C question... Hopefully it's simple

Hello. I'm a complete newbie to C programming. I have a C program that wasn't written by me where I need to write some wrappers around it to automate and make it easier for a client to use. The problem is that the program accepts standard input to control the program... I'm hoping to find a simple... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Xeed
6 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

The cut command. Really simple question!

hi, sorry for asking what I am sure is a really easy question, I am wanting to cut the users real name from the output of 'finger'. $ cut -f2-3 filename is in my script but it only seems to cut the first line. I need to cut the 2nd and 3rd word from each line and store them in variables... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rorey_breaker
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Simple question abt Copy command.

Hi ! All This is very simple question.... How to write a 'cp' command interative. Example : cp /wlsuite/om/cm/Tools/deploy_scripts/*.xml ${INF_ROOT}/tmp | echo "" || echo " Pls investigate ..." My intent was > to copy the files. > CP fails... then let know the user. pls... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: dashok.83
2 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Simple question

I had a script in solaris wich i read data, for example: Number 1: _ and the cursor use to be in '_' place because in the code of the script i write: echo "Number 1:\c" but i copy the script to a linux and the cursor 'jump' to the begining of the next line like: Number 1:... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: lestat_ecuador
2 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

A Simple Question

Hi All, I am new to Unix , I have entered 'cd w' in command prompt and pressed tab key , A tab space is generated instead of listing the folders or files that starts with 'W' . What should i do to get it working:confused: Thanks, Deepak (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Deepakkumard
2 Replies

9. Red Hat

Syslog.conf: looking for a simple answer on a simple question

Cheers! In /etc/syslog.conf, if an error type is not specified, is it logged anywhere (most preferable is it logged to /var/log/messages) or not? To be more precise I am interested in error and critical level messages. At default these errors are not specified in syslog.conf, and I need to... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: dr1zzt3r
6 Replies

10. Linux

A simple question about mail command

Simple question: i read mail n°4,how to return to list of messages? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Linusolaradm1
2 Replies
w2kusers.deny(4)					     Kernel Interfaces Manual						  w2kusers.deny(4)

NAME
w2kusers.deny - Authentication file for Windows 2000 Single Sign On. SYNOPSIS
# Comment account_name DESCRIPTION
The w2kusers.deny is a text file containing a list of user account names. When an account is included in this file, the Windows 2000 Sin- gle Sign-On software verifies only the UNIX authentication for the named account. To add user accounts to the file, use a text editor to enter the user's UNIX account name. The following syntax rules apply to the w2kusers.deny file: Only one user name can be entered on a line. The user name must exactly match a user name in the UNIX /etc/passwd file. Comment lines begin with a pound sign (#). EXAMPLES
The following example shows a typical w2kusers.deny file: # The following file lists account names that are not allowed to use # the Win- dows 2000 authentication information when it is enabled. # Account names must match exactly the user account name in the # /etc/passwd file. # # Syntax: account_1 # . # . # . # account_n # root nobody nobodyV daemon bin uucp uucpa auth cron lp tcb adm ris wnn pop imap Peter Dave Beth Martha FILES
Location of the file. RELATED INFORMATION
Commands: ldapcd(8), lw2ksetup(8) Files: etc/w2kusers.deny(4) Windows 2000 Single Sign-OnInstallation and Administration Guide. delim off delim off w2kusers.deny(4)