Sponsored Content
Top Forums Programming converting a signal to a C++ exception Post 14751 by Seeker on Wednesday 6th of February 2002 01:54:01 AM
Old 02-06-2002
Question converting a signal to a C++ exception

I am trying to imitate a system call available on Win32
(spit). The functionality is to catch a system exception (i.e. signal)
such as divide-by-zero, and convert it to a catchable c++
exception. Can this be done on Unix ?
Can i use "throw new <ExcpetionClass>" inside a
signal-handling routine ?
I am using AIX.
Thank you for your time

Seeker

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

exception handling

Does exception handling exist in any UNIX enviornment? I develop on Windows MSVC++ land and need to port to UNIX. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: RichardS
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

RPC Exception - Help

Hi, I am trying to use swremove to remove some old software packages before an upgrade. I keep getting the same error below. I have restarted swagent, i have killed the swagent process and started it, and I have restarted the entire system. I have now run out of ideas. Anyone know what the problem... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: ejbrever
0 Replies

3. HP-UX

Help with RPC Exception

Hi, I am trying to use swremove to remove some old software packages before an upgrade. I keep getting the same error below. I have restarted swagent, i have killed the swagent process and started it, and I have restarted the entire system. I have now run out of ideas. Anyone know what the problem... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ejbrever
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to catch the exception

Dear friends, I am transferring some files to a windows system from Unix m/c thru FTP Script given below. echo "open $host quote USER $userid quote PASS $pwd $verbose $type cd $dir bin put $file close quit"|$ftp... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Vijayakumarpc
0 Replies

5. Programming

Exception Signal 11 while running JAVA code in UNIX

Hi, when i compile my java code in UNIX using javac, the class file is getting created. But when i try to run the code using java - classpath command, i get the following error. ---------------------------------------- /u/up11/sample/request:>java -classpath /u/up11/sample/request... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: satish2712
0 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl Exception - $!,$?,$@

Hi, I am trying to understand the significance of the special variables $!,$@ and $? in perl. I have a code block as follows: eval { Code Segment 1: #authenticating to the remote server $ftpobj -> login($username,$password) or die "Can't login to $remote_host"; ... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: DILEEP410
12 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Exception Handling

Hi, I have written a script to load csv files into a mysql database, however, i would like for the shell script to exit in the event of an error (missing file, load error etc.) - currently if an error is encountered the next statement is processed - This is how i am loading the csv scripts ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: bertpereira
5 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Exception handling

Sometimes when I try to use curl to upload to an ftp server, I get the message: $curl -T file.wmv ftp.eu.filesonic.com --user user:password curl: (8) Got a 421 ftp-server response when 220 was expected How do I get the script to try again if I get the message curl: (8)? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: locoroco
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Re: exception using AWK

I have following file: NAME=ora.DG1.svc TYPE=ora.service.type CARDINALITY_ID=1 TARGET=ONLINE STATE=ONLINE NAME=ora.orlene.DG2.svc TYPE=ora.service.type CARDINALITY_ID=1 TARGET=ONLINE STATE=OFFLINE NAME=ora.MN.acfs TYPE=ora.registry.acfs.type TARGET=ONLINE (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: rcc50886
4 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Monitor logs for exception and if exception come then sent an email

Hi Folks, please advise , I have logs generated on unix machine at location /ops/opt/aaa/bvg.log , now sometimes there come exception in these logs also, so I want to write such a script such that it should continuously monitor these logs and whenever any exception comes that is it try to find... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: tuntun27272727
3 Replies
Dancer::Exception::Base(3pm)				User Contributed Perl Documentation			      Dancer::Exception::Base(3pm)

NAME
Dancer::Exception::Base - the base class of all Dancer exceptions DESCRIPTION
Dancer::Exception::Base is the base class of all Dancer exception. All core exceptions, and all custom exception registered using "Dancer::Exception::register_exception" inherits of "Dancer::Exception::Base". METHODS
throw Throws an exception. It's what "raise" (from Dancer::Exception) uses. Any arguments is set as raising parameters. You should not use this method directly, but instead, use "raise" from Dancer::Exception. Warning, if you want to rethrow an exception, use "rethrow". rethrow Re-throw the exception, without touching its parameters. Useful if you've caught and exception but don't want to handle it, and want to rethrow it. try { ... } catch { my ($e) = @_; $e->does('InvalidLogin') or $e->rethrow; ... }; does Given an exception type, returns true if the exception is of the same type. try { raise InvalidLogin => 'foo'; } catch { my ($e) = @_; $e->does('InvalidLogin') # true ... }; It can receive more than one type, useful for composed exception, or checking multiple types at once. "does" performs a logical OR between them: try { raise InvalidPassword => 'foo'; } catch { my ($e) = @_; $e->does('InvalidLogin', 'InvalidPassword') # true ... }; get_composition Returns the composed types of an exception. As every exception inherits of Dancer::Exception::Base, the returned list contains at least 'Base', and the exception class name. Warning, the result is a list, so you should call this method in list context. try { raise InvalidPassword => 'foo'; } catch { my ($e) = @_; my @list = $e->get_composition() # @list contains ( 'InvalidPassword', 'Base', ... ) }; message Computes and returns the message associated to the exception. It'll apply the parameters that were set at throw time to the message pattern of the exception. STRINGIFICATION
string overloading All Dancer exceptions properly stringify. When evaluated to a string, they return their message, concatenated with their stack trace (see below). cmp overloading The "cmp" operator is also overloaded, thus all the string operations can be done on Dancer's exceptions, as they will all be based on the overloaded "cmp" operator. Dancer exceptions wil be compared without their stacktraces. STACKTRACE
Similarly to Carp, Dancer exceptions stringification appends a string stacktrace to the exception message. The stacktrace can be a short one, or a long one. Actually the implementation internally uses Carp. To enable long stack trace (for debugging purpose), you can use the global variable "Dancer::Exception::Verbose" (see below). The short and long stacktrace snippets are stored within "$self-"{_shortmess}> and "$self-"{_longmess}>. Don't touch them or rely on them, they are internals, and will change soon. GLOBAL VARIABLE
$Dancer::Exception::Verbose When set to 1, exceptions will stringify with a long stack trace. This variable is similar to $Carp::Verbose. I recommend you use it like that: local $Dancer::Exception::Verbose; $Dancer::Exception::Verbose = 1; All the Carp global variables can also be used to alter the stacktrace generation. perl v5.14.2 2012-03-31 Dancer::Exception::Base(3pm)