Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Athlon XP + Linux/Unix? and RAM Question Post 14726 by KyPeN on Tuesday 5th of February 2002 01:21:48 PM
Old 02-05-2002
Athlon XP + Linux/Unix? and RAM Question

Has anyone had any experience with this new processor and its compatability with Linux/Unix? How did it preform comared to regular Athlons and P4's?

I also have one other question. I plan on buying a new dell and fiddling left and right with it. Which type of RAM is better, RDRAM or DDRRAM? Explain plz.

Thanks alot guys!

KypeN

Gateway Essencial 550
Pentium III 550mHz
320 Meg of 133mHz SDRAM
14.3 Gig Hard drive
32 Meg nVidia TNT2 Video Card
Sound Blaster Sound Card

Last edited by KyPeN; 02-05-2002 at 02:28 PM..

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How much RAM does RH Linux need?

I wish to install Red Hat linux 7.1 on a machine with 16mb of EDO Ram. When I enter the instalation process I am told 'You do not have enough memory'. Is there a way to install RHL with only the 16? Or will I have to upgrade and buy some very expensive EDO. ~ Paul (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: KrazyGuyPaul
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

installing unix on a amd athlon processor

I just need a simple answer on if installing unix on a pc using an AMD processor instead of Intel is going to be a problem. Thank you one and all. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: frznmeatcicle
3 Replies

3. Linux Benchmarks

Athlon XP 1600+

System Notes: CPU/Speed: AMD Athlon 1600+ 1.4Ghz Ram: 768 MO DDR 333 PC2100 Motherboard: KG-7 Bus: PCI Cache: 512KB HD Controller: ? Benchmarks: ============================================================== BYTE UNIX... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: GuizZzmo
0 Replies

4. Debian

what is the best linux ver for p100 16 ram

Hello all i own p100 16ram laptop , i would like to run linux on it i need it for gcc compilation and shell scripting , no gui. what version of linux should i install , i dont mind to install old one . tnx allot (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: umen
5 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

To find the RAM size for an Linux server.

Hi Gurus, Can someone let me know how to find the RAM size,ROM size and Number of processors for a linux server. Version :Linux 2.4.9-e.57smp Also what does "e.57smp" stands for? Thanks in advance gurus..... cheers. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: navojit dutta
3 Replies

6. Red Hat

red hat Linux 5.0 is detecting 3gb ram but physical ram is 16gb

Hi, On server 64bit Hw Arch , Linux 5.0(32bit) is installed it is showing only 3gb of ram though physical is 16gb can u give me idea why? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: manoj.solaris
4 Replies

7. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

random RAM question

Random question. 32 bit windows can't address more the 4 gb of RAM, right. So if you have 4gb of “normal” RAM and 1 gb graphics card window only find 3gb of “normal” ram + your graphics card following on from this If you where to put 2 graphics card with 2gb of ram on them each,... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: THM
4 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

UNIX/Linux interview question

Hi, I went for an interview this morning. The questions I was asked.... 1. On Redhat, you have downloaded a program called XYZ. You did all kinds update to this program. Now you are ready to move this to production. How would you do it? He already said he doesn't want to use "tar &... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: samnyc
2 Replies

9. Cybersecurity

root cannot write to Linux RAM

void main() { long ((long)(&array)); int x; for (;;) { (array) =+ 1023; printf("%c", array); } } What is wrong with this code to print Linux RAM? (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: Alux
13 Replies
Net::DNS::Question(3pm) 				User Contributed Perl Documentation				   Net::DNS::Question(3pm)

NAME
Net::DNS::Question - DNS question class SYNOPSIS
"use Net::DNS::Question" DESCRIPTION
A "Net::DNS::Question" object represents a record in the question section of a DNS packet. METHODS
new $question = Net::DNS::Question->new("example.com", "MX", "IN"); Creates a question object from the domain, type, and class passed as arguments. RFC4291 and RFC4632 IP address/prefix notation is supported for queries in in-addr.arpa and ip6.arpa subdomains. parse ($question, $offset) = Net::DNS::Question->parse($data, $offset); Parses a question section record at the specified location within a DNS packet. The first argument is a reference to the packet data. The second argument is the offset within the packet where the question record begins. Returns a Net::DNS::Question object and the offset of the next location in the packet. Parsing is aborted if the question object cannot be created (e.g., corrupt or insufficient data). qname, zname print "qname = ", $question->qname, " "; print "zname = ", $question->zname, " "; Returns the domain name. In dynamic update packets, this field is known as "zname" and refers to the zone name. qtype, ztype print "qtype = ", $question->qtype, " "; print "ztype = ", $question->ztype, " "; Returns the record type. In dymamic update packets, this field is known as "ztype" and refers to the zone type (must be SOA). qclass, zclass print "qclass = ", $question->qclass, " "; print "zclass = ", $question->zclass, " "; Returns the record class. In dynamic update packets, this field is known as "zclass" and refers to the zone's class. print $question->print; Prints the question record on the standard output. string print $qr->string, " "; Returns a string representation of the question record. data $qdata = $question->data($packet, $offset); Returns the question record in binary format suitable for inclusion in a DNS packet. Arguments are a "Net::DNS::Packet" object and the offset within that packet's data where the "Net::DNS::Question" record is to be stored. This information is necessary for using compressed domain names. COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 1997-2002 Michael Fuhr. Portions Copyright (c) 2002-2004 Chris Reinhardt. Portions Copyright (c) 2003,2006-2009 Dick Franks. All rights reserved. This program is free software; you may redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. SEE ALSO
perl(1), Net::DNS, Net::DNS::Resolver, Net::DNS::Packet, Net::DNS::Update, Net::DNS::Header, Net::DNS::RR, RFC 1035 Section 4.1.2 perl v5.14.2 2009-12-30 Net::DNS::Question(3pm)