Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers How to connect to the Internet Using RH 7.2 i.e configuration plz Hlp Post 14718 by atiato on Tuesday 5th of February 2002 11:41:05 AM
Old 02-05-2002
Question How to connect to the Internet Using RH 7.2 i.e configuration plz Hlp

How to connect to the Internet Using RH 7.2 i.e configuration plz Hlp.....cause I want to accsses to the Internet to download Help and application in the Red hat OS????

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to download Red hat plz Hlp ?

ftp://metalab.unc.edu/pub/Linux/distributions/ Hi all , I know how to go to the distibution site but How to download if using ftp I want to ask this Q:confused: (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: atiato
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Cannot connect to the Internet

I running HPUX 11.0, Netscape gives me an error "Unable to locate Server" when using a www.something.com address. If I use an IP address I get past the router and onto the Internet. My workstation can get to the Router @ 192.168.0.1 and also it's local APACHE server. I have DHCP enabled... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: johnalt
8 Replies

3. Linux

FC4 (KDE) Wireless Internet Help Plz~

I was wondering if someone here would happen to know how to setup a wireless connection with Fedora Core 4. I try to setup the internet options but my wireless adapter doesnt appear on the list... I'm new to fedora, and i never have setup a wireless connection with *nux systems. Any help, or... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: kyoist
5 Replies

4. Solaris

trying to connect to internet

i have just installed solaris 10 on a 60 gb hard drive. now im trying to install my nic driver but when i put in the floppy disk for the nic card it cant read it, so then i found that i have to mount the floppy drive and i tried putting in the mount command but i dont know where to mount it and if... (38 Replies)
Discussion started by: vutty81
38 Replies

5. Solaris

How to connect to Internet

Hi I installed solaris developer edition 1/08 today.I want to connect to Broadband internet through my ADSL 2+ Modem/Router with a username and password. plz help in this case,I am new to sun solaris:confused: the modem itself is a router it worked well on ubuntu and red hat (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: santugvd
3 Replies

6. Linux

Output formatting problem..Plz hlp

Hi guys, It will be a great help if somebody can help me in following problem. I have tried hard but because of lack of UNIX/LINUX knowledge I am not able to do it. I have written a script that returns 3 things of all the employees in my organisation. i.e. Name, Login time & log out time of... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: anushree.a
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Output formatting prob.. guyz plz hlp

:)Hi guys, I have written a script that returns 3 things of all the employees in my organisation. i.e. Name, Login time & log out time of each and every employee. It returns the output in pipe-delimited format. For your ref. sending a small sample e.g. Deepti|083032|174501... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: anushree.a
5 Replies

8. Solaris

Can't connect to Internet

Dear freinds... I downloaded solaris for x86 and was able to configure the lan correctly.. I can ping and share with other destops through lan... but still I can't connect to internet ? can you please help.. I put my default gateway which is 192.168.1.1 to /etc/defaultrouter but with no use..... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: yahyaaa
13 Replies

9. Emergency UNIX and Linux Support

plz help me. can we connect to Ubuntu(vmware) from W7 through winscp

i have W7 installed on my machine. And i also have installed Ubuntu though vmware. Now i want to know that through winscp can i connect to ubuntu from windows 7. plz help me thanks in advance Arpit (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: thearpit
4 Replies

10. Linux

How to connect to internet

Hi, Can someone guide me regarding how to connect to internet. what are steps? Thanks in advance (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: naren nandale
2 Replies
icmp(7) 						 Miscellaneous Information Manual						   icmp(7)

NAME
icmp - Internet Control Message Protocol SYNOPSIS
#include <sys/socket.h> #include <netinet/in.h> The following is the socket call for sockets using the IPv4 address format: s = socket(AF_INET, SOCK_RAW, IPPROTO_ICMP); The following is the socket call for sockets using the IPv6 address format: s = socket(AF_INET6, SOCK_RAW, IPPROTO_ICMPV6); DESCRIPTION
The Internet Control Message Protocol (ICMP) is the error and control message protocol used by the Internet Protocol (IP) and the Internet Protocol family. It may be accessed through a raw socket for network monitoring and diagnostic functions. ICMP sockets are connection- less, and are normally used with the sendto() and recvfrom() functions. The connect() function may also be used to fix the destination for future packets, in which case the read() or recv() and write() or send() functions may be used. Outgoing packets automatically have an IP header prepended to them (based on the destination address). Incoming packets are received with the IP header and options intact. ERRORS
If a socket operation fails, errno may be set to one of the following values: The socket is already connected. This error occurs when try- ing to establish connection on a socket or when trying to send a datagram with the destination address specified. The destination address of a datagram was not specified, and the socket has not been connected. The system ran out of memory for an internal data structure. An attempt was made to create a socket with a network address for which no network interface exists. RELATED INFORMATION
Functions: send(2), recv(2) Files: netintro(7), inet(7), ip(7) RFC 792, "Internet Control Message Protocol" RFC 2463, "Internet Control Message Protocol (ICMPv6) for the Internet Protocol Version 6 (IPv6)" delim off icmp(7)