Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: dns server
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers dns server Post 14694 by bache_gowda on Tuesday 5th of February 2002 07:30:14 AM
Old 02-05-2002
Network dns server

Hi all,

I need to know step by step procedure to configure and to test a dns server on redhatlinux 7.2.

thanks and reg,
bache gowda

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

DNS on DG-UX server

I'm trying to configure a DG-UX server to be a DNS client (connecting to a Novell DNS server). I've configured /etc/resolv.conf to reflect the settings for the DNS server, but I don't know what else to do to get the server to resolve DNS names. Any ideas? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: soliberus
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

DNS Server help

Hi, I would like to create an internal webpage for my company that would only be viewable when connected to the VPN or internal network. I want a webpage like newsite.company.com. Is there a way to do this. We obviously already have www.company.com, but how would I go about creating the newsite.... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ejbrever
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

setup a DNS server for my redhat server

Using Redhat Linux Enterprise AS 4 can someone teach me how to setup a dns server for my webserver? i've registered a domainname at mydomain.com but when i type in the domain i register i cannot enter to my webserver. someone told me that it is related with the DNS setting on my server. i've... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kaixiang88
2 Replies

4. Solaris

Solaris DNS Client For Microsoft DNS Server

hey guys, how to add soalris box as a microsoft DNS Client ? and how to register in the microsoft DNS ?? i managed to query from the DNS server after adding /etc/resolve.conf and editing /etc/nsswitch.conf but i need to register the soalris server (dns Client) into Microsoft DNS automatically.... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mduweik
3 Replies

5. AIX

About dns server

Can we have a single DNS server with two different ipaddresses from two isp? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vjm
1 Replies

6. Red Hat

Two DNS in a server !

Dear friends , I am using Redhat Ent. Linux 5.0 . In RHEL 5 , I want to create two DNS in one server where one DNS is used for Real IP and other DNS is used for private ip .If yes, then plz tell me how I can do it ? And also , is it necessary to use two lan cards , one for private and other for... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: shipon_97
2 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

DNS server choice: Windows DNS vs Linux BIND

I'd like to get some opnions on choosing DNS server: Windows DNS vs Linux BIND comparrsion: 1) managment, easy of use 2) Security 3) features 4) peformance 5) ?? I personally prefer Windows DNS server for management, it supports GUI and command line. But I am not sure about security... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: honglus
2 Replies

8. Solaris

DNS Server help

Hi Team, I need to find the clients which are being served by the DNS server in our environment. The approach currently i am having is to look for the DNS server IP in nameserver IP in the /etc/resolv.conf file in all the servers in our environment. Do we have any command(s) which gives... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vishalaswani
1 Replies

9. Red Hat

Dns Server ?

Hi if i want to proper internet dns server that i can save it all report in it that support arpa and failover imean ine one dns give many ip and have a server web panel for every one that want used to it is it impossible ? what service can i used it ? something for this character it is... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: mnnn
4 Replies

10. Solaris

DNS client added to DNS server but not working

Hi, We have built a new server (RHEL VM)and added that IP/hostname into dns zone configs file on DNS server (Solaris 10). Reloaded the configuration using and added nameserver into resolv.conf on client. But when I am trying nslookup, its not getting resolved. The nameserver is not able to... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: snchaudhari2
8 Replies
sasl_client_step(3)						  SASL man pages					       sasl_client_step(3)

NAME
sasl_client_step - Perform a step in the authentication negotiation SYNOPSIS
#include <sasl/sasl.h> int sasl_client_step(sasl_conn_t *conn, const char *serverin, unsigned serverinlen, sasl_interact_t ** prompt_need, const char ** clientout, unsigned * clientoutlen); DESCRIPTION
sasl_client_step() performs a step in the authentication negotiation. It returns SASL_OK if the whole negotiation is successful and SASL_CONTINUE if this step is ok but at least one more step is needed. A client should not assume an authentication negotiation is success- ful just because the server signaled success via protocol (i.e. if the server said ". OK Authentication succeeded" in IMAP sasl_client_step should still be called one more time with a serverinlen of zero. If SASL_INTERACT is returned the library needs some values to be filled in before it can proceed. The prompt_need structure will be filled in with requests. The application should fulfill these requests and call sasl_client_start again with identical parameters (the prompt_need parameter will be the same pointer as before but filled in by the application). conn is the SASL connection context serverin is the data given by the server (decoded if the protocol encodes requests sent over the wire) serverinlen is the length of serverin clientout and clientoutlen is created. It is the initial client response to send to the server. It is the job of the client to send it over the network to the server. Any protocol specific encoding (such as base64 encoding) necessary needs to be done by the client. RETURN VALUE
sasl_client_step returns an integer which corresponds to one of the following codes. SASL_CONTINUE indicates success and that there are more steps needed in the authentication. SASL_OK indicates that the authentication is complete. All other return codes indicate errors and should either be handled or the authentication session should be quit. CONFORMING TO
RFC 4422 SEE ALSO
sasl(3), sasl_callbacks(3), sasl_errors(3), sasl_client_init(3), sasl_client_new(3), sasl_client_start(3) SASL
10 July 2001 sasl_client_step(3)