Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Search all files for specific string Post 14690 by sureshy on Tuesday 5th of February 2002 05:50:04 AM
Old 02-05-2002
Search all files for specific string

Hi Friends,

How can I search all files in all slices on a unix system for a particular string within the file.

e.g search string 'oracle'

Thanks

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

search string during a specific time frame

Can someone please help me with searching a string during a specific time frame. Below is the format of the time from my log file. "GET /AAM2009_wherewereheaded.wmv HTTP/1.1" 200 52307085 The search string I need is "AAM2009_wherewereheaded.wmv" I need to search the number of... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: tadi18
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Search for string between specific lines of code in vi

Hi, I am on an AIX Unix box and I am trying to search for a string in between specified lines of code when I vi a file. I can use the '/string' to search for the string through out the file, but can we only search in between specific lines. I can use the below sed command to search for the... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: coolavi
8 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Search a specific string

Hi, I have following requirement. Pls suggest. To search a string in a file which is combination of character and number(always 9 digit, but numeric). if found then caputure the exit return code as 0 else 1 , if 0 then next job can be triggerd. If exit code is 1, should return a failure... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: zooby
10 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to search all the files in a directory for a specific string

Hi Guys, I want to search the content of all the files (of a particular type like .txt) in a directory for a specific string pattern. Can anyone help me? Thanks (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: mwrg
7 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

search-word-print-specific-string

Hi, Our input xml looks like: <doc> <str name="account_id">1111</str> <str name="prd_id">DHEP155EK</str> </doc> - <doc> <str name="account_id">6666</str> <str name="prd_id">394531662</str> </doc> - <doc> <str name="account_id">6666</str> <str... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Jassz
1 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How can I search and change an specific string in a file

Dear All, New to Linux/Unix OS, my Linux version is 2010 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux As titled, I wonder if you can help to provide a solution to find and change an specific string in a file The file include a lots of data in following configuration but might be various in... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: axel
3 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Search for a specific String in a log file for a specific date range

Hi, I have log file which rolls out every second which is as this. HttpGenRequest - -<!--OXi dbPublish--> <created="2014-03-24 23:45:37" lastMsgId="" requestTime="0.0333"> <response request="getOutcomeDetails" code="114" message="Request found no matching data" debug="" provider="undefined"/>... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: karthikprakash
3 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Need to search specific string in a log

Hi, I have a log file containing below data 12/3/14 12:43:59 AM WIT |Performance threshold: elapsed time = 3152... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: csm231
5 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Search specific string logfile specific date range

Hi, I have logfile like this.. === 2014-02-09 15:46:59,936 INFO RequestContext - URL: '/eyisp/sc/skins/EY/images/pickers/comboBoxPicker_Over.png', User-Agent: 'Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; Trident/7.0; rv:11.0) like Gecko': Unsupported with Accept-Encoding header === 2015-02-09... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: kishk
8 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

How to use a grep search to search for a specific string within multiple directories?

Lets say I have a massive directory which is filled with other directories all filled with different c++ scripts and I want a listing of all the scripts that contain the string: "this string". Is there a way to use a grep search for that? I tried: grep -lr "this string" * but I do not... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Circuits
3 Replies
KPSEWHICH(1)						      General Commands Manual						      KPSEWHICH(1)

NAME
kpsewhich - standalone path lookup and and expansion for kpathsea SYNOPSIS
kpsewhich [options] [filenames] DESCRIPTION
This manual page is not meant to be exhaustive. The complete documentation for this version of TeX can be found in the info file or manual Kpathsea: A library for path searching. kpsewhich is used as a standalone front-end of the kpathsea library that can be used to examine variables and find files. When the -format option is not given, the search path used when looking for a file is inferred from the name given, by looking for a known extension. If no known extension is found, the search path for TeX source files is used. OPTIONS
kpsewhich accepts the following options: -debug num Set debugging flags. -D num Use a base resolution of num; the default, set by the installer, is typically 600. -dpi num As -D. -engine string Set $engine in the environment, which is used in some search paths. -expand-braces string Print variable and brace expansion of string. -expand-path string Print complete path expansion of string. -expand-var string Print variable expansion of string. -format name Use file type name. See the info manual for a list of valid names, or use the -help option to print the list. -help Print help message and exit. -interactive Ask for additional filenames to look up. -mktex fmt enable mktexfmt generation. (fmt=pk/mf/tex/tfm) -mode string Set device name for $MAKETEX_MODE to string; no default. -must-exist Search the disk as well as ls-R if necessary. -no-mktex fmt disable mktexfmt generation. (fmt=pk/mf/tex/tfm) -path string Search in the path string. -progname string Set program name to string. -show-path name Output search path for file type name. See the info manual for a list of valid names, or use the -help option to print the list. -var-value variable Print the expansion of variable. -version Print version information and exit. SEE ALSO
mktexlsr(1), mktexmf(1), mktexpk(1), mktextfm(1). Kpathsea 6.1.0 1 March 2011 KPSEWHICH(1)