Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Running EXE files on UNIX
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Running EXE files on UNIX Post 14685 by LivinFree on Tuesday 5th of February 2002 05:19:56 AM
Old 02-05-2002
For the most part, no. If it's a standalone program (doesn't require any libraries / dll's), you MAY have luck with something like WINE, but it takes a significant performance hit, and there's still no guarantee.

You're best bet is to rewrite it in some way more portable, like Perl or C.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

how To edit exe to insert a serial no wich can be usd by runing exe

At time of installation I have to open the resource. and i have to insert a string serial number in the exe. please provide me code to edit the exe (in solaris) to insert a serial number which can be used by exe at run time. (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: ssahu
6 Replies

2. Programming

Running exe's from front end

Hi, I have created a tool which analyses and debugs cobol programs on Unix environment usin the C files. I now want to create a frontend for the tool in windows. For this i need to establish some kinda communication between the front the end and the back end. I know pipes in one way of... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sinbad
0 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

.exe files

how to open .exe file in freebsd system.My work is to run a growth.exe(created by growth.c turbo c 3.0 file).how to run that exe file in freebsd system?Thanks in advance help me (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: kumarangopi
8 Replies

4. Programming

running exe

how we can run the exe when the system starts. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: phani_sree
2 Replies

5. UNIX and Linux Applications

Is it possible to run .exe in unix

hi friends i want to know if its possible to run windows exe files in unix.... i know the file system in windows and unix are totally different. but is there any application which allows this???? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vikashtulsiyan
2 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

compile .exe, run in unix.

Hi all, I am using putty to access my school unix servers. I have recently downloaded a source file of a software in .tar format. I change the code of the program and compile it in VS8 and build an .exe file. 1) I copy the .exe file to my school account but I could not make it work. How... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: hkullana
2 Replies

7. OS X (Apple)

Need to run UNIX exe on apple

Hello all, I am looking for some help with running a unix executable file using Apple Remote Desktop or Terminal with no user intervention. I am able to create a packate that can copy the file to the machine using ARD but I would like to copy the file and run the command with out the users... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: dam1197
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Running multiple sql files in unix

In c:/zaheer/123-456/sql/ folder i have below 7 sql files. cv_abc_a.sql cv_abc_b.sql cv_abc_c.sql vtemp_d.sql vtemp_e.sql cv_abc_f.sql Exviews.sql In Exviews.sql file i have mentioned all cv and vtemp files to run like start ${SQLDIR}/cv_abc_a.sql start ${SQLDIR}/cv_abc_b.sql... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Zaheer.mic
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell programming - running the exe file and printing the output.. ?

hai i have a directory lib in that lib directory i have 10 batch files. step i have to do is 1) EXECUTE ALL THE FILES by using the command dwarfdump <filename>| grep DW_AT_SUN_command_line and put the output in one text file.instead of executing the files for all the 10 files... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: shenthil76
13 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to run exe files in unix

Hi I have a open source tool called table text comparator Link to download that tool: http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/csv_file_comparison.html I wish to run this tool in our unix servers. In windows O.S i just have to unzip and i can use this tool by running the .exe file. So i want to know how... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ganesh_more
6 Replies
Mojo::Server::CGI(3pm)					User Contributed Perl Documentation				    Mojo::Server::CGI(3pm)

NAME
Mojo::Server::CGI - CGI server SYNOPSIS
use Mojo::Server::CGI; my $cgi = Mojo::Server::CGI->new; $cgi->unsubscribe('request') $cgi->on(request => sub { my ($cgi, $tx) = @_; # Request my $method = $tx->req->method; my $path = $tx->req->url->path; # Response $tx->res->code(200); $tx->res->headers->content_type('text/plain'); $tx->res->body("$method request for $path!"); # Resume transaction $tx->resume; }); $cgi->run; DESCRIPTION
Mojo::Server::CGI is a simple and portable implementation of RFC 3875. See Mojolicious::Guides::Cookbook for more. EVENTS
Mojo::Server::CGI inherits all events from Mojo::Server. ATTRIBUTES
Mojo::Server::CGI inherits all attributes from Mojo::Server and implements the following new ones. "nph" my $nph = $cgi->nph; $cgi = $cgi->nph(1); Activate non parsed header mode. METHODS
Mojo::Server::CGI inherits all methods from Mojo::Server and implements the following new ones. "run" $cgi->run; Run CGI. SEE ALSO
Mojolicious, Mojolicious::Guides, <http://mojolicio.us>. perl v5.14.2 2012-09-05 Mojo::Server::CGI(3pm)