Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Nescape & dial up networking "Linux" Post 14568 by cubchubby on Saturday 2nd of February 2002 07:44:47 AM
Old 02-02-2002
Are you using KDE? If you are the easiest
way is to run the kppp program. If I remember
correctly all your setup is entered there
including dns and logon script. I have dsl
so it's been a while since I configured dialup.
Before kde it was just a few config files.Smilie

6 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Run away "bootpgw" & "inetd"

Hello All. I'm get the following messages posted to the /var/adm/syslog file ever second and not sure on how to stop the process. May 14 15:50:52 a3360 bootpgw: version 2.3.5 May 14 15:50:52 a3360 inetd: /etc/bootpgw exit 0x1 As said about this gets logged every second only thing that... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: cfaiman
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

"date" difference between FreeBSD & Linux

Hi there. I used to use lastdate=`date -v-14d %F` on my old server with FreeBSD, and now got to get the same result(current date -14 or -X days) in script running at another server, with Linux, but there's no such option for "date". How can i solve the prob(counting with absolute day number is... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: strider_scripts
10 Replies

3. Red Hat

files having Script which works behind "who" & "w" commands

Dear All, plz print the path of files which have the script of "who" & "w" commands. thnx in advance. (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: saqlain.bashir
6 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

finding the strings beween 2 characters "/" & "/" in .txt file

Hi all. I have a .txt file that I need to sort it My file is like: 1- 88 chain0 MASTER (FF-TE) FFFF 1962510 /TCK T FD2TQHVTT1 /jtagc/jtag_instreg/updateinstr_reg_1 dff1 (TI,SO) 2- ... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: Behrouzx77
10 Replies

5. Web Development

How would I mod_rewrite "/~a1Pha" and "/=a1Pha" to "/paste/a1Pha.htm"? (internally & externally)

Basically I want to shorten URLs on my html pasting site (pasteht.ml), by using "/~a1Pha" instead of "/paste/a1Pha". The ID is 5 numbers and letters, both cases. For example: /~idnum serves /paste/idnum.htm /=idnum serves /paste/idnum.htm /paste/idnum redirects to /~idnum (to update any old... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: phillips1012
0 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

find files in sub dir with tag & add "." at the beginning [tag -f "Note" . | xargs -0 {} mv {} .{}]

I am trying find files in sub dir with certain tags using tag command, and add the period to the beginning. I can't use chflags hidden {} cause it doesn't add period to the beginning of the string for web purpose. So far with my knowledge, I only know mdfind or tag can be used to search files with... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Nexeu
6 Replies
KDE4-CONFIG(1)							 KDE User's Manual						    KDE4-CONFIG(1)

NAME
kde4-config - Prints KDE installation paths SYNOPSIS
kde4-config [--expandvars] [--prefix] [--exec-prefix] [--libsuffix] [--localprefix] [--version] [--types] [--path type] [--userpath type] [--install type] DESCRIPTION
kde4-config is a command line program used to retrieve information about KDE installation or user paths. Use this program to determine where the various aspects of the KDE installation reside on your system. OPTIONS
--expandvars expand ${prefix} and ${exec_prefix} in output --prefix Compiled in prefix for KDE libraries --exec-prefix Compiled in exec_prefix for KDE libraries --libsuffix Compiled in library path suffix --localprefix Prefix in $HOME used to write files --version Compiled in version string for KDE libraries --types Print a list of all available KDE resource types --path type Search path for the specified type --userpath type User paths for the types: desktop|autostart|trash|document --install type Prefix to install resource files to EXAMPLES
Print the top-level KDE installation directory: % kde4-config --prefix Print a list of all resource types: % kde4-config --types Print the installed wallpaper path: % kde4-config --path wallpaper SEE ALSO
kdeoptions(7) BUGS
None known. AUTHOR
Stephan Kulow <coolo@kde.org>. K Desktop Environment 2007-09-28 KDE4-CONFIG(1)