Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Is UNIX server being dumped??? Post 14531 by pnoi_blitz on Friday 1st of February 2002 11:37:02 AM
Old 02-01-2002
Is UNIX server being dumped???

Wow, interesting!! Sun Microsystem stock price just got hit hard. What happened? Well, I tell you this, Oracle replaced 3 Unix servers of Intel servers for their cluster application. Why? Because Unix is much harder to learn rather than Linux or NT. So, what is this mean for me? I just got started on my Unix class, and planning to acquire a Unix server for my practices and learning. (Not buying Solaris, but I have connection to our clients for acquiring a Unix) Now, I am confused whether I need to really focus my major on Unix and spend time on it. By the time I acquire the right skills and knowledge, Unix has been dumped by big corporates. It may be true or not. Anyway, I am asking opinions from my fellow subscriber here. Thank you???

xerxs

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

core dumped

what is segmentation core dumped? how should i respond? (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: yls177
9 Replies

2. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

Abort core dumped!!!!

HI All, I am working on Solaris 8, i have this application runing on one of the partitions,(the installation was done here ie /export/home) And the out put of this goes to another parition of other disk attached to the same machine. After a certain period of time is get this error stating... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: zing
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to connect unix server to unix server through shell scripts

Hi, I would like to connect UNIX server to UNIX server through shell scripts and i have some concepts . But i am totally confused how to connect UNIX server to UNIX server throuth running a script. It will be greatful to me if any buddy will help me. Thanks in advance. Phatan:) (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: phatan
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to connect unix server to unix server through shell scripts

Hi, I would like to connect UNIX server to UNIX server through shell scripts and i have some concepts . But i am totally confused how to connect UNIX server to UNIX server throuth running a script. It will be greatful to me if any buddy will help me. with simple example please. Thanks in... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: phatan
2 Replies

5. Red Hat

Segmentation fault (core dumped)

Hi All, I am getting "Segmentation fault (core dumped)" error in the runtime. I am new this please can you tell me why is that i am getting this error and I am not sure of my compilation : gcc -c avc_test.c gcc -c md5.c gcc avc_test.o md5.o -shared -Llibcoreavc_sdk.so -o proj ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: fido.genial
1 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

To copy a file from one unix server to another unix server through scripts

I am getting the fallowing error when i am trying to execute the scp commomd in shell script warning: You have no controlling tty. Cannot read confirmation. warning: Authentication failed. Disconnected; key exchange or algorithm negotiation failed (Key exchange failed.). scp2: warning: ssh2... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: manit
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Connecting to multiple unix server from unix server using shell script

Hi Gurus, I'm a unix newbie and I would like to connect to multiple unix servers from unix server using shell script i.e from server a to server b,c,d etc. I want to copy the files from unix server a to server b, c, d. I can access staright using ssh without the need to have password and user... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: sexyTrojan
5 Replies

8. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

(core dumped) | gjar

hello, when i make gcc 4.4.2 i get this message find gnu java javax org sun -name .svn -prune -o -name '*.class' -print | \ gjar -cfM@ $here/libgcj-4.4.2.jar /bin/sh: line 2: 32730 Done find gnu java javax org sun -name .svn -prune -o -name '*.class'... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: aleppos
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find and delete files and folders which are n days older from one unix server to another unix server

Hi All, Let me know how can i find and delete files from one unix server to another unix server which are 'N' days older. Please note that I need to delete files on remote unix server.So, probably i will need to use sftp, but question is how can i identify files and folders which are 'N'... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sachinkl
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

I need to move files from one UNIX server to another UNIX server.

Hi, I have two unix servers i need to move files from one server to another. For example: i have some files in Server1 and i want to run script in server2 to move files from server1. Any suggestion Thanks in advance (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: karingulanagara
1 Replies
KUMOCTL(1)						      General Commands Manual							KUMOCTL(1)

NAME
kumoctl - show kumofs status SYNOPSIS
kumoctl address[:port=19750] command [options] DESCRIPTION
Show status of kumo-manager and send control commands to kumo-manager. COMMANDS
status show status of the cluster attach attach all new servers and start replace attach-noreplace attach all new servers detach detach all fault servers and start replace detach-noreplace detach all fault servers replace start replace without attach/detach full-replace start full-replace (repair consistency) backup [suffix=20090304] create backup with specified suffix enable-auto-replace enable auto replace disable-auto-replace disable auto replace STATUS
hash space timestamp The time that the list of attached kumo-servers is updated. It is updated when new kumo-server is added or existing kumo-server is down. attached node The list of attached kumo-servers. (active) is normal node and (fault) is fault node or recoverd but not re-attached node. not attached node The list of recognized but not-attached nodes. AUTO REPLACING
By default, you have to attach new kumo-servers manually using kumoctl command. If the auto replacing is enabled, new kumo-servers are attached automatically. This is experimental feature. EXAMPLE
$ kumoctl mgr1 status $ kumoctl mgr1 attach SEE ALSO
kumo-manager(1). kumoctl July 2009 KUMOCTL(1)