Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Diving In
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Diving In Post 14478 by Nocturne on Friday 1st of February 2002 01:45:12 AM
Old 02-01-2002
Question Diving In

Well, I'm kind of diving into all this. My cp is pretty much pooched so I figured instead of going out and buying a new one, I'd try to build my own. I'd pretty much be set, but I'm kind of board with MS and I want to try something new, so I decided to kind of dive right into this UNIX thing. Major questions, though, what kind of processor sets should I be looking into for a system that will do well with UNIX???? Is there a difference between a Windows based system and a UNIX??? As you can tell I'm really don't have a clue about UNIX. I'm planning on buying a book on it and studying it some more, have any suggestions??

2 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. What is on Your Mind?

Trip Report: My Experience in a Koh Tao Diving Factory

First of all, this review (my observations) of a Koh Tao dive factory, or my experience there, is only based on one dive center. It certainly is not written to imply other, any or all dive centers on Koh Tao are like this. I cannot be the judge of that. Unfortunately, this experience has... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Neo
0 Replies

2. What is on Your Mind?

Diving with Rays and Sharks, Thailand

This was really, really fun! 51 very fun minutes in a large aquarium with sharks, eagle rays, tuna, sea turtles and friends. 5AOT59Bb_jg Taking a break from wreck diving with my friends at Adventure Divers; we decided to try aquarium diving for a change! This was really fun! Just wish we... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Neo
0 Replies
J0(3)							   BSD Library Functions Manual 						     J0(3)

NAME
j0, j0f, j1, j1f, jn, jnf, y0, y0f, y1, y1f, yn, ynf -- Bessel functions of first and second kind LIBRARY
Math Library (libm, -lm) SYNOPSIS
#include <math.h> double j0(double x); float j0f(float x); double j1(double x); float j1f(float x); double jn(int n, double x); float jnf(int n, float x); double y0(double x); float y0f(float x); double y1(double x); float y1f(float x); double yn(int n, double x); float ynf(int n, float x); DESCRIPTION
The functions j0(), j0f(), j1() and j1f() compute the Bessel function of the first kind of the order 0 and the order 1, respectively, for the real value x; the functions jn() and jnf() compute the Bessel function of the first kind of the integer order n for the real value x. The functions y0(), y0f(), y1() and y1f() compute the linearly independent Bessel function of the second kind of the order 0 and the order 1, respectively, for the positive integer value x (expressed as a double); the functions yn() and ynf() compute the Bessel function of the second kind for the integer order n for the positive integer value x (expressed as a double). RETURN VALUES
If these functions are successful, the computed value is returned, otherwise the global variable errno is set to EDOM and a reserve operand fault is generated. SEE ALSO
math(3) HISTORY
This set of functions appeared in Version 7 AT&T UNIX. BSD
April 19, 1991 BSD