Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: I don't know where to start
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers I don't know where to start Post 14455 by sshokunbi on Thursday 31st of January 2002 07:09:15 PM
Old 01-31-2002
There are couple of books you could buy (if only you could afford them). Some have training and educational copy CDs which could be used to achieve your goals.

The flavor of unix you want largely depends on you. But I may suggest Solaris. It appears to me very common and thereby has many support available.

Anyone you get would definately have user's manual which could assist you.

Just make a bold step and get one then you'll go from there.

Sola

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Don't Know to Rebuild Linux Kernel(URGENT)

Hello. I'm installing Oracle8i on Red Hat Linux Server 7.0. The Oracle documentation has some preinstallation request to be carried before installing the Oracle software. It asks to modify some SEMAPHORE & SHARED MEMORY values in to a specified file. And finally after updating this values it... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: S.Vishwanath
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Don't hate me because I'm stupid...

Hi all, I don't know the first thing about Unix, but I would like to learn. I would like to know what the difference between Linux and Unix is, and where I can obtain a copy of either. Thanks :o (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: ThisIsNewToMe
8 Replies

3. Programming

a very simple question (but i don't know)

how to write a program that receive a string from keyboard and then print it out. i write a program: main() { char str; gets(str); printf(str); } but when i compile it, the system said something like "new line is not last charicter" and sometime the system said "a3.c is up to date"... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: dell9
1 Replies

4. Programming

may be simple but i don't know -- Print current date from C program

How to print current date of the Unix system accessing thru C++ program ? I wrote like this #include <time.h> ....... time_t tt; struct tm *tod; .... time(&tt); tod = localtime(&tt); cout << tod->tm_mon + 1 << "/" << tod->tm_mday << "/" ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: ls1429
6 Replies

5. UNIX Desktop Questions & Answers

Genome Startmenu crashed why I don't Know ??

what I have to do ? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: atiato
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Clearify what it means under 'WHAT' when hit the 'w'-command

I wonder how I shall read the result below, especially 'what' shown below. The result was shown when I entered 'w'. E.g what is TOP? What is gosh ( what does selmgr mean?)? login@ idle JCPU PCPU what 6:15am 7:04 39 39 TOP 6:34am 6:45 45 45 TOP 6:41am ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Aelgen
1 Replies

7. UNIX Desktop Questions & Answers

SuSE 8.0...I can't get SaX2 to start on Hercules 128 and YaST2 won't set up X either.

I'm trying to set up a school Linux computer and use Samba to link it to Windows NT. Pentium-133 Hercules 8 meg Stingray 128/3D I'm not too familiar with SuSE's config tools (more used to Mandrake) and so am having some trouble configuring X. SaX2 just won't start, even when I use "sax2... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: HumanBeanDip
1 Replies

8. Programming

A project I'd like to start

Hi, I've been toying with the idea of one of two programs: - a filter that will mulch the source code of X programs to use the GUI toolkit of your choice, or - a generic wrapper for GUI toolkits that can be easily switched to use any one you prefer, perhaps including a similar filter to... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: La Temperanza
3 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

I don't where to start.

I am someone who has lived on windows till I knew it inside and out but was very ignorant to other operating systems. Last week, after hearing of a much better operating system with more control and structure, I switched to Unix. I have no idea what I am doing but I am happy to learn. Could... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: newbie sarah
4 Replies

10. Homework & Coursework Questions

Don't know how to start..

Write a pipeline that takes a file as input and replaces all occurrences of exclamation marks (!) by underscores (_) . The pipeline should also prepend your login at the beginning of every line (the beginning of a line is specified with ^ in Unix) (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: geena_b
1 Replies
MPSCNNBatchNormalizationNode(3) 			 MetalPerformanceShaders.framework			   MPSCNNBatchNormalizationNode(3)

NAME
MPSCNNBatchNormalizationNode SYNOPSIS
#import <MPSNNGraphNodes.h> Inherits MPSNNFilterNode. Instance Methods (nonnull instancetype) - initWithSource:dataSource: Class Methods (nonnull instancetype) + nodeWithSource:dataSource: Properties MPSCNNBatchNormalizationFlags flags Detailed Description A node representing batch normalization for inference or training Batch normalization operates differently for inference and training. For inference, the normalization is done according to a static statistical representation of data saved during training. For training, this representation is ever evolving. In the low level MPS batch normalization interface, during training, the batch normalization is broken up into two steps: calculation of the statistical representation of input data, followed by normalization once the statistics are known for the entire batch. These are MPSCNNBatchNormalizationStatistics and MPSCNNBatchNormalization, respectively. When this node appears in a graph and is not required to produce a MPSCNNBatchNormalizationState -- that is, MPSCNNBatchNormalizationNode.resultState is not used within the graph -- then it operates in inference mode and new batch-only statistics are not calculated. When this state node is consumed, then the node is assumed to be in training mode and new statistics will be calculated and written to the MPSCNNBatchNormalizationState and passed along to the MPSCNNBatchNormalizationGradient and MPSCNNBatchNormalizationStatisticsGradient as necessary. This should allow you to construct an identical sequence of nodes for inference and training and expect the to right thing happen. Method Documentation - (nonnull instancetype) initWithSource: (MPSNNImageNode *__nonnull) source(nonnull id< MPSCNNBatchNormalizationDataSource >) dataSource + (nonnull instancetype) nodeWithSource: (MPSNNImageNode *__nonnull) source(nonnull id< MPSCNNBatchNormalizationDataSource >) dataSource Property Documentation - (MPSCNNBatchNormalizationFlags) flags [read], [write], [nonatomic], [assign] Options controlling how batch normalization is calculated Default: MPSCNNBatchNormalizationFlagsDefault Author Generated automatically by Doxygen for MetalPerformanceShaders.framework from the source code. Version MetalPerformanceShaders-100 Thu Feb 8 2018 MPSCNNBatchNormalizationNode(3)