Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers List of Commands for Unix Please Post 1435 by ShdwMaster on Tuesday 6th of March 2001 04:58:27 PM
Old 03-06-2001
My bad.. I reconnected to the server and it's OpenBsD.. Please.. if you have any info on basic command line algorithms please reply here or via email.. thank you again in advance

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

A Thorough List of FreeBSD commands?!?

I was just wondering if anyone knew of a site that covered all or many of FreeBSD's built in commands. I would also like to know what FreeBSD automatically logs, and where it logs it. Thanks! (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Kyser_Soze
1 Replies

2. Solaris

List of Commands

Dear All, I am a new Administrator of Solaris in the company , I need a list of the commands pls ... Regards Adel (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ArabOracle.com
2 Replies

3. UNIX Desktop Questions & Answers

where i can find list of UNIX commands for daily operations ?

Hi There, Can anyone help, where i can find list of UNIX commands just for regulat day ro day operations Thanx MGR (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mgoutham
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Comparison List of commands

Hi, I would like to have a list of commands in a table, see below example Command description HPUNIX SUN UNIX IBM AIX all above i need comparison list of commands ASAP please.......... B.R (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: f_amshan
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Command for maintaining the list of commands used

Hi, There is a command by which you can maintain a list of commands previously typed. By this you dont have to type in the same command again and can use the up-down arrows to scroll through the list. Which is this command, i am not able to recall. (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: appledrive
8 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

list files commands

hi all scripting gurus, need some guide and advise from you. i'm trying to list all the files in the year 2004 and the file format is something like this: 11176MZ00004JV900004JVB00004JVCcDBU20041206.txt try to use the symbol ^ but somehow it does not help. i try this as well: ls -ltr |... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: lweegp
12 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

List of internal commands ??

Dear Sir/Mam, Can you tell me list of internal commands which are easy to implements...??? Means sir I am a beginner in unix shell programming. So, I just wanted to know that which internal commands are easy to implements in C language. thanks.... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ranusahu
1 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

how to know the list of all commands supported by unix ?

how to know the list of all commands supported by unix. how to know the list of functions supported by unix. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Gopi Krishna P
4 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

sudo commands list

Hi, Can you please give me a list of commands executed through 'sudo' command, thank you. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Dev_Dev
1 Replies
U9FS(4) 						     Kernel Interfaces Manual							   U9FS(4)

NAME
u9fs - serve 9P from Unix SYNOPSIS
u9fs [ directory ] DESCRIPTION
U9fs is not a Plan 9 program. Instead it is a program that serves Unix files to Plan 9 machines using the 9P protocol (see intro(5)). It is to be invoked on a Unix machine by inetd with its standard input, output, and error connected to a network connection, typically TCP on an Ethernet. It runs as user root and multiplexes access to multiple Plan 9 clients over the single wire. It simulates Unix permissions itself by assuming Plan 9 uids match Unix login names. If a directory is specified u9fs first does a Unix chroot system call to that directory. Plan 9 calls this service 9fs with TCP service number 564 on the Ethernet. Set up this way on a machine called, say, kremvax, u9fs may be connected to the name space of a Plan 9 process by 9fs kremvax Due to a bug in some versions of the IP software, some systems will not accept the service name 9fs, thinking it a service number because of the initial digit. If so, run the service as u9fs or 564 and do the srv and mount by hand: srv tcp!kremvax!u9fs mount -c /srv/tcp!kremvax!u9fs /n/kremvax For more information on this procedure, see srv(4) and bind(1). U9fs serves the entire file system of the Unix machine. It forbids access to devices because the program is single-threaded and may block unpredictably. Using the attach specifier device connects to a file system identical to the usual system except it permits device access (and may block unpredictably): srv tcp!kremvax!9fs mount -c /srv/tcp!kremvax!9fs /n/kremvax device (The 9fs command does not accept an attach specifier.) Even so, device access may produce unpredictable results if the block size of the device is greater than 8192, the maximum data size of a 9P message. The source to u9fs is in the Plan 9 directory /sys/src/cmd/unix/u9fs. To install u9fs on a Unix system, copy the source to a directory on that system. Edit the makefile to set LOG to a proper place for a log file and to set the compile-time configuration correctly. Then com- pile with an ANSI C compiler and install in /usr/etc/u9fs. Install this line in inetd.conf: 9fs stream tcp nowait root /usr/etc/u9fs u9fs and this in services: 9fs 564/tcp 9fs # Plan 9 fs SOURCE
/sys/src/cmd/unix/u9fs DIAGNOSTICS
Problems are reported to /tmp/u9fs.log. A compile-time flag enables chatty debugging. SEE ALSO
bind(1), srv(4), ip(3), nfsserver(8) BUGS
The implementation of devices is unsatisfactory. U9FS(4)