Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting remote server command in a job Post 14344 by Jimbo on Wednesday 30th of January 2002 02:18:04 PM
Old 01-30-2002
That did it hoghunter. I created .rhosts and now remsh works great.

And by the way, if I could not get this to work, I had already planned to do just what you suggested - a sleeper job on the remote servers waiting for a file to be ftp'ed over. But it could not be cron since this is an on-demand job, so I'm happy to get this working - launch a single job to do it all.

Thanks!

Last edited by Jimbo; 01-30-2002 at 03:26 PM..
Jimbo

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. AIX

ls command in Remote Server

Unix Box: IBM AIX Shell : K-Shell When i logged into a remote server through FTP, and tried to find only required month file by typing `ls -ltr *200805`, the output is "ls remotefile localfile". I coudnt understand this. What is want is get into the remote server and get the count of required... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: vasuarjula
0 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

ls -ltr command On Remote server

I am writing a script where in i have to log into a remote machine and check for necessary file by typing (ls -ltr *200505) (this gets all 05month of 2008 yr files) and if files are found get them to the local machine. If not found print a message saying no files on local machine. When i was... (2 Replies)
2 Replies

3. Solaris

Running command on Remote server

Hi, I have username/password for a remote server. I would like to have list of filenames and their size in a particular directory of remote server. Now Problem is - I can not use rsh command as I can not modify rhost file of remote server. Thanks in advance. Sanjay (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sanjay1979
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

ls command in Remote Server

Unix Box: IBM AIX Shell : K-Shell When i logged into a remote server through FTP, and tried to find only required month file by typing `ls -ltr *200805`, the output is "ls remotefile localfile". I coudnt understand this. What is want is get into the remote server and get the count of required... (6 Replies)
6 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Executing ls command in remote server

Hi Guru, I have a requirement where i need to list the *.csv files in my remote server and copy a file from that server to my unix server I wrote dis code #!/bin/sh . /home/aaa/bb/GlobalHost.sh export HOST export USER export PWD ftp -n $HOST <<END_SCRIPT quote USER $USER quote... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: pssandeep
1 Replies

6. AIX

Script to start a remote batch job on another server

Hi , I am trying to execute one script residing on server B from server A and in automated way but with a trigger. My main quetion are 1) How I will login to the remote server automatically with user name and password. ( rsh or any other way ?) 2) Once logged in I need to execute... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: agent47
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Running nohup command on remote server

I am having an issue in running a nohup command in a remote linux box from a linux box. Here are the details. Linux Machine 1: I have a script which starts a services and dumps the output into a log file. nohup sh weblogic.sh >> /home/log.out & I have placed the entire command in a... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: accessbalaji
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sudo connect to a remote server and execute scripts in remote server

Hello Every one!! I am trying to write a shell script which will connect to a remote server and execute scripts which are at a certain path in the remote server. Before this I am using a sudo command to change the user. The place where I am stuck is, I am able to connect to the... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: masubram
6 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

How to run command on remote server?

Hi I am trying to write a script which when I run from server A it execute few command on another server say B and show me the output. below is the script but it is not showing me the o/p of B machine but instead showing me A machine o/p every time. #!/bin/bash for i in `cat... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: scriptor
14 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script connect to remote server, not find files and exit only from remote server, but not from scrip

I have a script, which connecting to remote server and first checks, if the files are there by timestamp. If not I want the script exit without error. Below is a code TARFILE=${NAME}.tar TARGZFILE=${NAME}.tar.gz ssh ${DESTSERVNAME} 'cd /export/home/iciprod/download/let/monthly;... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: digioleg54
3 Replies
disown(1)							   User Commands							 disown(1)

NAME
disown - ksh93 built-in function to disassociate a job with the current shell SYNOPSIS
disown [job ...] DESCRIPTION
The ksh93 disown command prevents the current shell from sending a HUP signal to each of the specified jobs when the current shell termi- nates a login session. If job is omitted, disown sends the HUP signal to the most recently started or stopped background job. OPERANDS
The following operands are supported: job Specifies the job or jobs on which disown operates. Specify job as one of the following: number Refers to a process ID. -number Refers to a process group ID. %number Refers to a job number. %string Refers to a job whose name begins with string. %?string Refers to a job whose name contains string. %+ or %% Refers to the current job. %- Refers to the previous job. EXIT STATUS
0 Successful completion. >0 One or more specified jobs does not exist. EXAMPLES
Example 1 Disowning a Job The following example disowns job 1: example% disown %1 AUTHORS
David Korn, dgk@research.att.com ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWcsu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Uncommitted | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
bg(1), jobs(1), ksh93(1), wait(1), attributes(5) SunOS 5.11 18 Apr 2007 disown(1)