Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting remote server command in a job Post 14344 by Jimbo on Wednesday 30th of January 2002 02:18:04 PM
Old 01-30-2002
That did it hoghunter. I created .rhosts and now remsh works great.

And by the way, if I could not get this to work, I had already planned to do just what you suggested - a sleeper job on the remote servers waiting for a file to be ftp'ed over. But it could not be cron since this is an on-demand job, so I'm happy to get this working - launch a single job to do it all.

Thanks!

Last edited by Jimbo; 01-30-2002 at 03:26 PM..
Jimbo

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. AIX

ls command in Remote Server

Unix Box: IBM AIX Shell : K-Shell When i logged into a remote server through FTP, and tried to find only required month file by typing `ls -ltr *200805`, the output is "ls remotefile localfile". I coudnt understand this. What is want is get into the remote server and get the count of required... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: vasuarjula
0 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

ls -ltr command On Remote server

I am writing a script where in i have to log into a remote machine and check for necessary file by typing (ls -ltr *200505) (this gets all 05month of 2008 yr files) and if files are found get them to the local machine. If not found print a message saying no files on local machine. When i was... (2 Replies)
2 Replies

3. Solaris

Running command on Remote server

Hi, I have username/password for a remote server. I would like to have list of filenames and their size in a particular directory of remote server. Now Problem is - I can not use rsh command as I can not modify rhost file of remote server. Thanks in advance. Sanjay (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sanjay1979
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

ls command in Remote Server

Unix Box: IBM AIX Shell : K-Shell When i logged into a remote server through FTP, and tried to find only required month file by typing `ls -ltr *200805`, the output is "ls remotefile localfile". I coudnt understand this. What is want is get into the remote server and get the count of required... (6 Replies)
6 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Executing ls command in remote server

Hi Guru, I have a requirement where i need to list the *.csv files in my remote server and copy a file from that server to my unix server I wrote dis code #!/bin/sh . /home/aaa/bb/GlobalHost.sh export HOST export USER export PWD ftp -n $HOST <<END_SCRIPT quote USER $USER quote... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: pssandeep
1 Replies

6. AIX

Script to start a remote batch job on another server

Hi , I am trying to execute one script residing on server B from server A and in automated way but with a trigger. My main quetion are 1) How I will login to the remote server automatically with user name and password. ( rsh or any other way ?) 2) Once logged in I need to execute... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: agent47
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Running nohup command on remote server

I am having an issue in running a nohup command in a remote linux box from a linux box. Here are the details. Linux Machine 1: I have a script which starts a services and dumps the output into a log file. nohup sh weblogic.sh >> /home/log.out & I have placed the entire command in a... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: accessbalaji
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sudo connect to a remote server and execute scripts in remote server

Hello Every one!! I am trying to write a shell script which will connect to a remote server and execute scripts which are at a certain path in the remote server. Before this I am using a sudo command to change the user. The place where I am stuck is, I am able to connect to the... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: masubram
6 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

How to run command on remote server?

Hi I am trying to write a script which when I run from server A it execute few command on another server say B and show me the output. below is the script but it is not showing me the o/p of B machine but instead showing me A machine o/p every time. #!/bin/bash for i in `cat... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: scriptor
14 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script connect to remote server, not find files and exit only from remote server, but not from scrip

I have a script, which connecting to remote server and first checks, if the files are there by timestamp. If not I want the script exit without error. Below is a code TARFILE=${NAME}.tar TARGZFILE=${NAME}.tar.gz ssh ${DESTSERVNAME} 'cd /export/home/iciprod/download/let/monthly;... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: digioleg54
3 Replies
ris(8)							      System Manager's Manual							    ris(8)

Name
       ris - remote installation services utility

Syntax
       /etc/ris

Description
       The  utility performs remote installation services which install system software to a client machine through the TCP/IP local network.  The
       client machine can be a VAX or a RISC machine.

The server on which the remote installation services area is located can be either a VAX or a RISC machine.

The remote installation services utility uses the directory as a base.  When you install the first product to the utility creates a  remote
       installation services area.  The area is called either or

The  area contains one or more ULTRIX software products.  Each product contains the subsets of the kits that can be installed to clients on
       a network.  Clients registered for an area install software over the network to their processor.

The utility performs the following functions:

a -  Add client

r -  Remove client

s -  Show products in remote installation environments

m -  Modify client

i -  Install software

You must use the utility interactively to set up a remote installation services area.  After you have set up a remote installation services
       area on the server, you can use the utility either interactively or from the command line to manage clients.

The directory also holds a subdirectory, This directory contains a database file, that you can use to manage multiple clients.

Examples
       The example that follows invokes the utility interactively:
       # /etc/ris

A menu appears from which you can select options to perform functions.

The examples that follow manage the client using the command line.

The syntax of the command to add a client follows:
       /etc/ris -a <clientname> -h <Ethernet_address> -p path,product[,product]

The following command adds client and allows that client to install a product over the network:
       # /etc/ris -a bergal -h 08-00-2B-03-05-8B -p ris0.mips,product_1

The syntax of the command to modify a client follows:
       /etc/ris -a <clientname> [-h <Ethernet_address>] [-p <path,product,product>]

The following command modifies client and allows that client to install a product over the network:
       # /etc/ris -m bergal -p ris0.mips,product_2

The syntax of the command to remove a client follows:
       /etc/ris -r <clientname>

The following command removes client
       # /etc/ris -r bergal

Files
See Also
       setld(8)
       Guide to the Remote Installation Services
       Guide to Server Setup

ris(8)