Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Printing documents using LaTeX Post 14313 by Neo on Wednesday 30th of January 2002 09:22:26 AM
Old 01-30-2002
You can get LaTeX from a www.goggle.com search.

LaTeX creates documents in DVI format (device independent).... most people convert DVI to PS (postscript) and print on postscript compatible printers.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

sudo documents

I have installed sudo on our development server (SPARC,Solaris 9) and trying to edit /etc/sudoers file using visudo. Referred the following sites and not able to find the way. http://www.courtesan.com/sudo/man/sudoers.html http://www.kempston.net/solaris/sudo.html To start with sudo, my... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: chrs0302
3 Replies

2. Solaris

Batch converting documents

Here is the situation. We are a company that has been using a professional publishing system, the software is called "ProType". It runs on Solaris 2.4, however it is no longer supported and we are forced to move on to Adobe Indesign. We must convert all our documents (thousands) to InDesign format.... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Fred Goldman
4 Replies

3. Debian

vi 7.0 and latex

Hi, In the new version of VIM that I am using, the sections, subsections are collapsed as shown below: +-- 36 lines: \subsection*{Aim}------------------------- If I press space on the above line, the subsection will be expanded, but I have to do it every time I open the file. Is there... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: superuser84
0 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to search accross other documents?

Could do with some help on where to get started really. If anyone could help me it would be greatly appreciated. I have been working on this for a while now and I don't really know where to start. I am looking into creating a script that will process website hit files and output statistical... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: amatuer_lee_3
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Opening multiple documents at once

I'm trying this:$ for n in `ls` ; do xterm -e vim $n & ; done bash: syntax error near unexpected token `;' $I want to edit my files all at once, not one at a time. How can I do that? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Orange Stripes
2 Replies

6. AIX

books & documents

can someone tell me the name of the books for aix it is better if some one provide me links to any useful document (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: alokjyotibal
2 Replies

7. Slackware

latex-ucs

Hi! I am using Slackware 12.1 and I have a question regarding LaTeX. I am trying to use the package ucs, so that I can write in greek, but with no success. In Debian there is a package latex-ucs.deb that does the trick. Is there something similar in Slackware? Thanks in advance (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kerb41
1 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

2 (two) here documents in a row

Ok, it may sound a bit stupid but I can't find the answer.. How do one put 2 here documents in a row? for instance, i want to do something like: diff <<eof <<eof2 # doesn't work... > a > b > eof > a > c > eof2 its mostly to satisfy my curiosity!! thanks, Anthony (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: anthalamus
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Simple Makefile for LaTeX

I create figures using Gnuplot, but I use terminal epslatex, which produces a .tex file as output. I then latex this .tex file which creates are .dvi file, which I then convert to .ps and finally to an .eps file. Anyway here's what I'm doing in steps gnuplot plot.gplt (this writes out... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: lost.identity
2 Replies
LaTeX::Driver::FilterProgram(3pm)			User Contributed Perl Documentation			 LaTeX::Driver::FilterProgram(3pm)

NAME
LaTeX::Driver::FilterProgram - LaTeX Driver (FilterProgram) VERSION
SYNOPSIS
use LaTeX::Driver::FilterProgram; LaTeX::Driver::FilterProgram->execute(format => $format); DESCRIPTION
This module is not intended to be used except by the programs "latex2pdf", "latex2ps" and "latex2dvi" that are included in the LaTeX::Driver distribution. It implements the guts of those filter programs. SUBROUTINES
/METHODS "execute(%params)" This is the only method. It implements the guts of the filter programs, gathering the parameters for the "LaTeX::Driver" object constructor from the command line options, along with the options passed from the calling script, which should be the format option. Having constructed a driver object it then runs the driver. If the "-tt2" option is specified then the source document is taken to be a Template Toolkit template and a Template object is constructed and the template processed through that before being fed to the "LaTeX::Driver" module for latex formatting. Template variables may defined with the "-define" option and these are passed to the Template Toolkit processing stage (they are ignored if the "-tt2" option is not specified). DIAGNOSTICS
The module invokes the "LaTeX::Driver" module and optionally the "Template" module. Any errors from those modules are propogated outwards. CONFIGURATION AND ENVIRONMENT
The module invokes the latex family of programs via the "LaTeX::Driver" module. Those programs have their own set of environment variables and configuration files. DEPENDENCIES
The module requires that the Template Toolkit is installed for the "-tt2" option. INCOMPATIBILITIES
None known. BUGS AND LIMITATIONS
None known. AUTHOR
Andrew Ford <a.ford@ford-mason.co.uk> LICENSE AND COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 2007 Andrew Ford. All Rights Reserved. This module is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.12.4 2011-09-18 LaTeX::Driver::FilterProgram(3pm)