Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers automate the input in a script Post 14295 by LivinFree on Wednesday 30th of January 2002 03:22:13 AM
Old 01-30-2002
Note:
Try using the HTML equivelent, like:
<<<</sample_tag>>>>

ampersand, lt, then semicolon for less than, and
ampersand, gt, then semicolon for greater than.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

here document to automate perl script that call script

I am trying to use a here document to automate testing a perl script however when the perl script hits a system(perl subscript.pl) call, input is no longer entered into this subscript. here is my script $ cat test.sh #ksh for testcase do program <<-EOF | tee -a funcscnlog.log y... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: hogger84
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script(s) to Automate Tasks

I know that this has a bad title, but I'm not sure how to sum it up well. (And I'm new to Linux in general, so please excuse any incorrect terminology :o) Anyway, I'm trying to create a script that gets whatever folder you're in, and then does a command with that directory as an argument. I... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: droppedonjapan
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Shell Script to Automate

I would like to automate script where i do not have to manually insert the username and password I wrote two different scripts but not able to achieve the results: here's to scripts i wrote #!/bin/bash cd /var/tmp /home/server/steve/pca --askauth -idx /opt/app/bin/expect <<EOF expect... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sam786
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Automate Script ***V. Urgent

Hi All, ./procdure.ksh which opens the below the menu, I want to build a script which will press 4 and run the Sector Data Automatically (instead of pressing option 4 manually) Is there any way for this, please let me know... 1) FX Rates MDU 9) Fidessa Cash... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: niceboykunal123
7 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Looking for help with a script to automate VLC

Hi, New member here looking for help. This might not be a post for the 'VERY basics' section, so feel free to move it to somewhere more appropriate. I've created a script that searches my computer for video files, creates a list of these files, and selects a number of random entries to play in... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: uncertain
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

How can I automate a script?

Hi All, Can I automate a script when some one trying to 'vi' (open) a file. For Example, I am having a file named 'SecuredShell.sh'. when a user types " vi SecuredShell.sh " in unix command prompt a script named secure.sh needs to be automated. Can this be possible. if Yes please guide... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: little_wonder
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

mail script to automate

Hi, Here below the logs from the mail server: less /var/log/messages: Sep 6 04:03:31 server-59 out: 1252227811|webmaster@zilia.com|antonino.granata@gmail.com|2175|success|1 Sep 6 04:03:33 server-59 in: 1252227813|news@tarot.com|junk@thess.com|30376|success|1 Sep 6 04:03:35 server-59... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: gsiva
8 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to automate gdb input via shellscript

Hi, ich want to write a shellcode which automates input such #gdb file ... (gdb)list ... (gdb)break 10 ... (gdb)run AAAA ... (gdb)bt ... and so on. I want to know how it is possible. sincerely, Blackbox (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Blackbox
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Automate remote script

Hi all, I need to execute a script on a remote machine that are connected to the network.The basic requirement is to write a script which will login in remote machine and then execute the other script automatically placed in remote machine.So that I need to execute the remote machine script... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: smartgupta
3 Replies

10. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

automate the script

Dear all, I I want to login to my Linux machine using putty and then run some script from Windows machine.we can do it after loging it and then execute the script by typing it in putty command line screen. but I want to automate it.So whenever I will fire this script,it will do the following... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: smartgupta
4 Replies
CORE(3pm)						 Perl Programmers Reference Guide						 CORE(3pm)

NAME
CORE - Namespace for Perl's core routines SYNOPSIS
BEGIN { *CORE::GLOBAL::hex = sub { 1; }; } print hex("0x50")," "; # prints 1 print CORE::hex("0x50")," "; # prints 80 CORE::say "yes"; # prints yes BEGIN { *shove = &CORE::push; } shove @array, 1,2,3; # pushes on to @array DESCRIPTION
The "CORE" namespace gives access to the original built-in functions of Perl. The "CORE" package is built into Perl, and therefore you do not need to use or require a hypothetical "CORE" module prior to accessing routines in this namespace. A list of the built-in functions in Perl can be found in perlfunc. For all Perl keywords, a "CORE::" prefix will force the built-in function to be used, even if it has been overridden or would normally require the feature pragma. Despite appearances, this has nothing to do with the CORE package, but is part of Perl's syntax. For many Perl functions, the CORE package contains real subroutines. This feature is new in Perl 5.16. You can take references to these and make aliases. However, some can only be called as barewords; i.e., you cannot use ampersand syntax (&foo) or call them through references. See the "shove" example above. These subroutines exist for all overridable keywords, except for "dump" and the infix operators. Calling with ampersand syntax and through references does not work for the following functions, as they have special syntax that cannot always be translated into a simple list (e.g., "eof" vs "eof()"): "chdir", "chomp", "chop", "each", "eof", "exec", "keys", "lstat", "pop", "push", "shift", "splice", "stat", "system", "truncate", "unlink", "unshift", "values" OVERRIDING CORE FUNCTIONS
To override a Perl built-in routine with your own version, you need to import it at compile-time. This can be conveniently achieved with the "subs" pragma. This will affect only the package in which you've imported the said subroutine: use subs 'chdir'; sub chdir { ... } chdir $somewhere; To override a built-in globally (that is, in all namespaces), you need to import your function into the "CORE::GLOBAL" pseudo-namespace at compile time: BEGIN { *CORE::GLOBAL::hex = sub { # ... your code here }; } The new routine will be called whenever a built-in function is called without a qualifying package: print hex("0x50")," "; # prints 1 In both cases, if you want access to the original, unaltered routine, use the "CORE::" prefix: print CORE::hex("0x50")," "; # prints 80 AUTHOR
This documentation provided by Tels <nospam-abuse@bloodgate.com> 2007. SEE ALSO
perlsub, perlfunc. perl v5.16.2 2012-10-25 CORE(3pm)