Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers To find processor speed & memory in HP Unix 10.2 Post 14264 by thehoghunter on Tuesday 29th of January 2002 04:45:54 PM
Old 01-29-2002
You should be able to under Perf monitors - Sys properties - processors and memory
thehoghunter

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Unix & Processor compatibility

subject is self explanitory... can i install Unix on a system w/ and AMD processor (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: goliath3021
1 Replies

2. UNIX Desktop Questions & Answers

Where can I find a Unix OS that will run on a 386 processor?

Hey, can anyone recommend a URL (or website) where I can download a basic (or old) UNIX OS that will run on an ancient laptop that has a 386 processor, 4MB of RAM and a 40MB harddrive? Your help and suggestions are much appreciated! :confused: (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: methudrez
4 Replies

3. Solaris

processor speed in mHZ

how do i tell the processor speed on solaris 8? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: csaunders
2 Replies

4. Solaris

Processor and memory supports

HI i'am Giancarlo D. Jabon student from AMA Computer University is anyone among all of you who knows the maximum processor and memory supports in Sun Solaris 10 Thanks !!!! (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: giancarlodjabon
3 Replies

5. HP-UX

How to find the memory in HP-Unix?

Hi, I have a HP-Unix server, version B.11.23. Can someone tell me how to find out the physical memory & virtual memory (swap) in my server? & what is Page fault? & is there any limitation for page fault? Thank you. Your help is appreciated. (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Amol21
7 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Processor and Its speed

Hi I need a command to know how many processors are available and what is their speed in UNIX. Thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: diksha2207
2 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

How to find out memory & cpu usage of a process

Hi, By using time command we can determine the execution time of a process or command. bash-2.04$ time ls -l total 0 -rw-r--r-- 1 admin tac 0 Oct 6 04:46 file1 -rw-r--r-- 1 admin tac 0 Oct 6 04:46 file2 real 0m0.002s user 0m0.000s sys 0m0.001s... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: learn more
5 Replies

8. Solaris

Check Solaris Zones Processor & Memory allocations

Hi, I am a newbee in the solaris administration. My question is how to 1. Check the total CPU and memory of a global zone. 2. Check the allocated CPU and memory for each of the residing non-global zones. I have already tried prtconf which gives the following output /usr/sbin/prtconf... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: poga
4 Replies
runon(1)						      General Commands Manual							  runon(1)

NAME
runon - Runs a command on a specific CPU or processor set SYNOPSIS
runon cpu_num command [argument...] runon -p [-x] pset_id command [argument...] runon -r rad_id command [argument...] DESCRIPTION
The runon utility runs the specified command (command) on the specified CPU (cpu_num), Processor Set (pset) or Resource Affinity Domain (RAD). The argument variable specifies any options or arguments for the specified command. All the threads created by the command inherit the CPU binding to the specified CPU (cpu_num), including threads created as the result of a fork. If the -p option is used, the specified command is bound to a processor set rather than to a specific processor. Because a processor set can contain more than one processor, the -p option is useful for multi-threaded applications. In addition, you can use the -x option to specify exclusive access to a processor set. OPTIONS
Binds to a processor set instead of a processor. You must specify the processor set identification number (pset_id), which is a unique integer that identifies the processor set and is returned by the pset_create command. You can specify the -x option with the -p option. Invokes Resource Affinity Domain (RAD) binding, which binds the command to a RAD identifier (rad_id) instead of an individual processor or pset. The RAD structure holds data associated with a NUMA building block. In this release, and for the purpose of using the runon command, a RAD is analogous to a hardware Quad Building Block or QBB. The hardware QBB identifier also identifies the RAD. However, in future releases a RAD will be defined as a related set of memory, pro- cessors, and I/O that might not map to a discrete QBB. Specifies exclusive use of a processor set. Use the -x option only with the -p option. SEE ALSO
Commands: pset_assign_cpu(1), pset_assign_pid(1), pset_create(1), pset_info(1), psradm(8) Files: processor_sets(4) Other: numa_intro(3) runon(1)