Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting How to decrypt a file which is encrypted in UNIX, In Windows NT Post 14175 by LivinFree on Tuesday 29th of January 2002 04:18:23 AM
Old 01-29-2002
If you are using something like "crypt" to encrypt it, I don't think there is a way in NT... Maybe you can find some third party application that will...

Also, why are you encrypting the file, just to transfer and decrypt? What kind of file is it? There are secure transfer alternatives to protocols like FTP.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

decrypt function in unix?

Hai Friends We have a function called char * crypt(const char *ps, const char* key) to encrypt the password in the unix environment.. Do we have any decrypt function to decrypt it? If not then how can we verify the password through program? Thanks in Advance Collins (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: collins
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to encrypt and decrypt a file

How to encrypt and decrypt a file using unix Command? Can any one help me? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: laknar
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

To decrypt encrypted password

Hi folks, What will be the easy way to decrypt encrypted passwords on MySQL table. Googling brought me many suggestions on crypt/decrypt running scripts. Please advise. TIA Remark: I think the encrypt function of MySQL uses the Unix crypt command to encrypt B.R. satimis (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: satimis
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

decrypt the file

Hello all I am getting a encrypted file (.pgp) and a key which i have to use to decrypt that file. I couldn't understand where to put the key on my unix box so that decryption happens. Please reply. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vasuarjula
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Batch job in unix server to move the pdf file from unix to windows.

Hi Experts, I have a requirement where i need to setup a batch job which runs everymonth and move the pdf files from unix server to windows servers. Could some body provide the inputs for this. and also please provide the inputs on how to map the network dirve in the unix like that... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ger199901
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

UNIX script to FTP file from UNIX server to windows

Hi, I am new to this subject.....Can someone please help me out with the script... unix usernm "sdhftst" unix pwd "chsd13" windows usernm "dfghtst" windows pwd "chsd13" path..../xxx/xxxxx/xxxxxx/xxxxxxx please can u get me a script...its only one file to get ftp. Thanks... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: himakiran9
2 Replies

7. UNIX Desktop Questions & Answers

Can Unix access Windows' File through Command Prompt in Unix

Hi all, I wish to know whether Unix can access window's file in Unix's terminal? Apart from that, how to copy files or share files between Window and Unix? I get to know of secure copy, however, my company's Unix does not support the feature of secure copy? Any other method for me to share/... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: jessy83
5 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to decrypt any file in UNIX?

How to decrypt a file in unix? I dont know the type of decryption nor the type of text data it contains. We extracted the file from sfdc & need to process it in unix. When extracted, we get encrypted data in the file. The file content is- ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: saga20
0 Replies

9. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

How to decrypt a file in UNIX?

I have a file which contains encrypted data. Can anyone tell me how to decrypt the file? (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: saga20
14 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to Unmask/Decrypt an XML file?

Hello All, Below is the content of the XML datafile when i do vi the XML file not sure why the content is showing like this, it could be because the data inside the file is masked or something? is there a way i can decrypt or unmask the data in a human readable format? . When i use my Informatica... (20 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ariean
20 Replies
GFTP(1) 						      General Commands Manual							   GFTP(1)

NAME
gftp - file transfer client for *NIX based machines. SYNOPSIS
gftp [options] [[proto://][ user : [pass] @] server [: port ][/ directory ]] DESCRIPTION
gFTP is a file transfer client for *NIX based machines. It currently has a text interface and a GTK+ 1.2/2.x graphical interface. It cur- rently supports the FTP, FTPS (control connection only), HTTP, HTTPS, SSH and FSP protocols. OPTIONS
You may enter a url on the command line that gFTP will automatically connect to when it starts up. --help, -h Display program usage. --info Display some information about how gFTP was built. Please send the output of this command when submitting a bug report. --version, -v Display the current version of gFTP. proto This specifies the protocol that should be used. It can currently be one of the following options: ftp, ftps, http, https, ssh, fsp, local and bookmark. If omitted, the protocol specified by the default_protocol option will be used. user The username that will be used to log into the remote server. If omitted, your current username will be used for most protocols. For the FTP protocol, the anonymous username will be used. pass The password that will be used to log into the remote server. If omitted, you will be prompted for the password. If you are using the FTP protocol, and the username is anonymous, then your email address will be used as the password. server The remote server to connect to. port The remote port on the server to connect to. If omitted, the default port for the protocol will be used. The port will be looked up in the services(5) file. directory The directory to change to once you are connected to the remote server. FILES
~/.gftp/gftprc Per user configuration file. Most of these options can be edited inside gFTP. This file is also commented very well. ~/.gftp/book- marks Per user bookmarks file. BUGS
If you find any bugs in gFTP, please report them to GNOME's Bugzilla at http://bugzilla.gnome.org/ AUTHOR
Brian Masney <masneyb@gftp.org> - http://www.gftp.org/ MARCH 2007 GFTP(1)