Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting How to decrypt a file which is encrypted in UNIX, In Windows NT Post 14155 by gorantla on Monday 28th of January 2002 11:47:39 PM
Old 01-29-2002
Network How to decrypt a file which is encrypted in UNIX, In Windows NT

Hi,

I want to encrypt a file in UNIX(HP-UX) and Transfer to a FTP server. Our FTP server is Windows NT. SO, how can i decrypt the file which is encrypted in UNIX, in Windows NT.

Please, help me this is urgent.

Siva GorantlaSmilie

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

decrypt function in unix?

Hai Friends We have a function called char * crypt(const char *ps, const char* key) to encrypt the password in the unix environment.. Do we have any decrypt function to decrypt it? If not then how can we verify the password through program? Thanks in Advance Collins (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: collins
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to encrypt and decrypt a file

How to encrypt and decrypt a file using unix Command? Can any one help me? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: laknar
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

To decrypt encrypted password

Hi folks, What will be the easy way to decrypt encrypted passwords on MySQL table. Googling brought me many suggestions on crypt/decrypt running scripts. Please advise. TIA Remark: I think the encrypt function of MySQL uses the Unix crypt command to encrypt B.R. satimis (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: satimis
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

decrypt the file

Hello all I am getting a encrypted file (.pgp) and a key which i have to use to decrypt that file. I couldn't understand where to put the key on my unix box so that decryption happens. Please reply. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vasuarjula
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Batch job in unix server to move the pdf file from unix to windows.

Hi Experts, I have a requirement where i need to setup a batch job which runs everymonth and move the pdf files from unix server to windows servers. Could some body provide the inputs for this. and also please provide the inputs on how to map the network dirve in the unix like that... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ger199901
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

UNIX script to FTP file from UNIX server to windows

Hi, I am new to this subject.....Can someone please help me out with the script... unix usernm "sdhftst" unix pwd "chsd13" windows usernm "dfghtst" windows pwd "chsd13" path..../xxx/xxxxx/xxxxxx/xxxxxxx please can u get me a script...its only one file to get ftp. Thanks... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: himakiran9
2 Replies

7. UNIX Desktop Questions & Answers

Can Unix access Windows' File through Command Prompt in Unix

Hi all, I wish to know whether Unix can access window's file in Unix's terminal? Apart from that, how to copy files or share files between Window and Unix? I get to know of secure copy, however, my company's Unix does not support the feature of secure copy? Any other method for me to share/... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: jessy83
5 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to decrypt any file in UNIX?

How to decrypt a file in unix? I dont know the type of decryption nor the type of text data it contains. We extracted the file from sfdc & need to process it in unix. When extracted, we get encrypted data in the file. The file content is- ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: saga20
0 Replies

9. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

How to decrypt a file in UNIX?

I have a file which contains encrypted data. Can anyone tell me how to decrypt the file? (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: saga20
14 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to Unmask/Decrypt an XML file?

Hello All, Below is the content of the XML datafile when i do vi the XML file not sure why the content is showing like this, it could be because the data inside the file is masked or something? is there a way i can decrypt or unmask the data in a human readable format? . When i use my Informatica... (20 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ariean
20 Replies
ftpgroups(4)						     Kernel Interfaces Manual						      ftpgroups(4)

NAME
ftpgroups - group password file for use with the SITE GROUP and SITE GPASS commands. SYNOPSIS
DESCRIPTION
The file is the group password file for use with the SITE GROUP and SITE GPASS commands. To enable the use of this file, the entry must be made in the configuration file This file contains an alphanumeric string, encrypted password, and the actual group name from the file. Each entry is separated by After a user logs in, the SITE GROUP and SITE GPASS commands may be used to specify an enhanced access group and associated password. If the group name and password are valid, the user becomes (via a member of the group specified in the group access file, The format of the group access file is: where access_group_name is an arbitrary (alphanumeric and/or punctuation) string. encrypted_password is the password encrypted via crypt(3), exactly like in real_group_name is the name of a valid group listed in NOTE: For this option to work for anonymous FTP users, the ftp server must keep permanently open and the group access file is loaded into memory. This means that: (1) the ftp server now has an additional file descriptor open, and (2) the necessary passwords and access privileges granted to users via SITE GROUP will be static for the duration of an FTP ses- sion. If you have an urgent need to change the access groups and/or passwords *NOW*, then kill all of the running FTP servers. FILES
AUTHOR
was developed by the Washington University, St. Louis, Missouri. SEE ALSO
ftpaccess(4). ftpgroups(4)