Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers How can I see the processor usage in Unix?? Post 14110 by ARengers on Monday 28th of January 2002 11:41:53 AM
Old 01-28-2002
ps -ef |more

You might also try ps -ef |more
use the |more to see the processes page by page

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Unix & Processor compatibility

subject is self explanitory... can i install Unix on a system w/ and AMD processor (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: goliath3021
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

UNIX and Processor

What kind of processors can Free BSD run on? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Heathbo
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

how to get processor Id in UNIX

Hello readers how to get the processor id in UNIX environment? how to get the network card Id in UNIX ? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: rajashekaran
4 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

To find processor speed & memory in HP Unix 10.2

I have a D series HP server with HP UNIX 10.20 as the OS. How will I obtain the processor speed and memory of the machine. I have 'root' privileges. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: augustinep
4 Replies

5. UNIX Desktop Questions & Answers

Where can I find a Unix OS that will run on a 386 processor?

Hey, can anyone recommend a URL (or website) where I can download a basic (or old) UNIX OS that will run on an ancient laptop that has a 386 processor, 4MB of RAM and a 40MB harddrive? Your help and suggestions are much appreciated! :confused: (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: methudrez
4 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

installing unix on a amd athlon processor

I just need a simple answer on if installing unix on a pc using an AMD processor instead of Intel is going to be a problem. Thank you one and all. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: frznmeatcicle
3 Replies

7. AIX

LPAR processor/virtual processor settings

Question is on setting of Physical and Virtual processors for LPARs to make proper use of virtualization capabilities. Environment is a 8-way p570 with 4 LPARs. lparVIO1 and lparVIO2: AIX 5300-04-01 Mode/Type= Shared-SMT/Capped Minimum Processors= 0.10 Desired Processors= 0.50 Maximum... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: guttew
1 Replies

8. HP-UX

how can I find cpu usage memory usage swap usage and logical volume usage

how can I find cpu usage memory usage swap usage and I want to know CPU usage above X% and contiue Y times and memory usage above X % and contiue Y times my final destination is monitor process logical volume usage above X % and number of Logical voluage above can I not to... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: alert0919
3 Replies

9. AIX

How to monitor the IBM AIX server for I/O usage,memory usage,CPU usage,network..?

How to monitor the IBM AIX server for I/O usage, memory usage, CPU usage, network usage, storage usage? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: laknar
3 Replies

10. SCO

Command to View Processor Usage

Hi everyone, i used to know the command to show current CPU usage but i cannot remember it. It was not "Top". Openserver 6. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Paulbas
4 Replies
pset_assign_pid(1)					      General Commands Manual						pset_assign_pid(1)

NAME
pset_assign_pid - Assigns a process ID to a processor set SYNOPSIS
/usr/sbin/pset_assign_pid [-x] pset_id pid [pid...] OPTIONS
Assigns exclusive use of the target processor set to each specified process identification number. DESCRIPTION
The pset_assign_pid command assigns one or more process identification numbers to an existing processor set. The pset_id variable is a unique integer that identifies the processor set and is returned by the pset_create command. The pid variable is the process identification number, which is a unique integer that identifies the process. Each process identification number that is assigned is removed from its cur- rent processor set. Use the -x option to assign exclusive use of the processor set. If the processor set is already in use, a message is displayed, and the command terminates without performing the assignment. If the exclusive assignment succeeds, new requests by other processes for assign- ments to the specified processor set (pset_id) are denied. SEE ALSO
Commands: pset_destroy(1), pset_create(1), pset_assign_cpu(1), pset_info(1) Files: processor_sets(4) pset_assign_pid(1)