Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: change login dir
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers change login dir Post 14077 by Kelam_Magnus on Monday 28th of January 2002 08:27:49 AM
Old 01-28-2002
UNIX or Apple???...

Are you sure that you are running UNIX or are you running Apple's OSX that is based (coded in) UNIX? OSX was created with UNIX because it is more stable. Unless I am mistaken, you are actually running Apple OS that is built on top of UNIX.

This is like saying that you are running DOS when you are actually running Win98.

Correct me if I am wrong.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

how I change dir in dos

Hi I have a dos batch file in window server where I call a cmd command for creating some db. this cmd commad is located in e:\data\abcd\xyz.cmd. Now I call this batch file from unix ssh.sh but my access point is D in window server here I want to change the dos prompt to e:\data\abcd. in... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Jamil Qadir
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

I want to change login failure message, "login incorrect"

I want to change login failure message, "login incorrect" deny user login for user id tom sudo passwd -l tom type username and type password on login prompt and then it will display login failure message "login incorrect" console ############ login: tom password: login incorrect... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: lifegeek
2 Replies

3. Solaris

cant able to change permission in a DIR as root user

Hi my directory not accepting any commands. its simply telling permission denied. i tried ( cp, mv, rm ) as roor i want to set default permissons to this DIR please find the Logs below. dr-xr-xr-x 1 root root 1 Jun 1 09:04 AP1_ROP ( original dir) root> chmod 777... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: vijayq8
5 Replies

4. Solaris

Change inherit-pkg-dir to writable

/lib in my sparse zone is running and its inherit-pkg-dir due ti which its readonly is it possible to make it writable if yes how ? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: fugitive
2 Replies

5. Solaris

How to change permission for opt dir in Solaris Zones?

Hi All While configuring zone I run add inherit-pkg-dir I thing this command will inherit opt,etc,lib... directories from global zone to non global zone with read permission................ So this makes problem for me I want to edit one file opt dir which is useful for my project but when I... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: vijaysachin
4 Replies

6. Solaris

Requesting help to automatically create home dir on login

I know we would not normally do this. However, I would like to have user's home directory created when they log in the first time. I have searched the forums and have not found any help yet. Scenario - environment uses NIS for auth and usually NFS mount HOME. However, I have a pilot environment... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: 22blaze
4 Replies

7. HP-UX

could not able change permission of /home dir

Hi i am new to this admin area . i have created user with name as "ab" and gave home dir as /home/ab . when i tried to create the /home/ab dir , i got he following error. "mkdir: Failed to make directory "/home/ab"; Operation not applicable " Thanks in advance . (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: expert
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Generate a change list of files/dir

Is there a tool that can diff a directory and generate a change list of files in that directory based on a previous snapshot on the directory? For example /etc/a.txt:changed /etc/b.txt:removed /etc/c.txt:added Thanks! (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: overmindxp
1 Replies

9. Solaris

Change Dir doubt and some advice.

Hello, This is my first post in this forum. I need to change the owner of several directories and files in Solaris 10 Operating system, more than 500. The server is in production and my question is: If i change the owner of directories and files, the server can become unstable, i mean,... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: checoturco
2 Replies

10. HP-UX

[Solved] Unable to change/create home dir for particular user

Hi all I wanted to change the home dir for a user, but when using smh : SMH->Accounts for Users and Groups->Local Users->Modify User ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- * Required... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: fretagi
8 Replies
bsod(6x)                                                        XScreenSaver manual                                                       bsod(6x)

NAME
bsod - Blue Screen of Death emulator SYNOPSIS
bsod [-display host:display.screen] [-foreground color] [-background color] [-window] [-root] [-mono] [-install] [-visual visual] [-delay seconds] [-fps] DESCRIPTION
The bsod program is the finest in personal computer emulation. bsod steps through a set of screens, each one a recreation of a different failure mode of an operating system. Systems depicted include Windows 3.1, Windows 95, Windows NT, MS-DOS, AmigaDOS 1.3, Linux, SCO UNIX, BSD UNIX, HPUX, Solaris, Tru64, VMS, HVX/GCOS6, IBM OS/390, OS/2, MacOS (MacsBug, Bomb, Sad Mac, and OSX), Atari ST, Apple ][+, and NCD X Terminals. OPTIONS
bsod accepts the following options: -window Draw on a newly-created window. This is the default. -root Draw on the root window. -mono If on a color display, pretend we're on a monochrome display. -install Install a private colormap for the window. -visual visual Specify which visual to use. Legal values are the name of a visual class, or the id number (decimal or hex) of a specific visual. -delay delay The delay between displaying one crash and another. -only which Tell it to run only one mode, e.g., -only HPUX. -fps Display the current frame rate and CPU load. ENVIRONMENT
DISPLAY to get the default host and display number. XENVIRONMENT to get the name of a resource file that overrides the global resources stored in the RESOURCE_MANAGER property. X RESOURCES
Notable X resources supported include the following, which control which hacks are displayed and which aren't. doWindows, doNT, doWin2K, doAmiga, doMac, doMac1, doMacsBug, doMacX, doSCO, doAtari, doBSD, doLinux, doSparcLinux, doHPPALinux, doBlitDamage, doSolaris, doHPUX, doApple2, doOS390, doTru64, doVMS, doMSDOS, doOS2, doHVX, and doATM. Each of these is a Boolean resource, they all default to true, except for doAtari, doBSD, doSparcLinux, and doHPPALinux, which are turned off by default, because they're really not all that interesting looking unless you're a fan of those systems. There are command-line options for all of these: e.g., -bsd, -no-bsd. (Also note the -only option.) BUGS
Unlike the systems being simulated, bsod does not require a reboot after running. SEE ALSO
X(1), xscreensaver(1), http://www.microsoft.com/, http://www.apple.com/, http://www.sco.com/, http://www.kernel.org/, and http://www.amiga.de/. TRADEMARKS
Microsoft Windows, Microsoft Windows 95, and Microsoft Windows NT are all registered trademarks of Microsoft Corporation. Apple Macintosh is a registered trademark of Apple Computer. Amiga is a registered trademark of Amiga International, Inc. Atari ST is probably a trade- mark, too, but it's hard to tell who owns it. Linux is a registered trademark of Linus Torvalds, but it isn't his fault. OS/2 is a regis- tered trademark of International Business Machines Corporation. COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 1998-2003 by Jamie Zawinski. Permission to use, copy, modify, distribute, and sell this software and its documentation for any purpose is hereby granted without fee, provided that the above copyright notice appear in all copies and that both that copyright notice and this permission notice appear in supporting documentation. No representations are made about the suitability of this software for any purpose. It is provided "as is" without express or implied warranty. No animals were harmed during the testing of these simula- tions. Always mount a scratch monkey. AUTHOR
Concept cribbed from Stephen Martin <smartin@mks.com>. This version is by Jamie Zawinski <jwz@jwz.org>, with contributions from many oth- ers. X Version 11 5.15 (28-Sep-2011) bsod(6x)